• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magical Girl Raising Project Upgrade

Light was splitted by Akane's magic, which allows her to cut everything.

Volume_2-LN-00h-Eng.jpg

Specially since the other girls have very low-level powers.

You said that?

They had arranged beforehand that once the investigation team was thoroughly defeated, there would be help in arranging for Toko and her partner to escape. The other party had clearly promised that they would introduce a Magical Girl who had an extradimensional hideout to her.

Even if her target was floating a hundred million light years away in space, or sealed within a digital world, or adventuring in another dimension, or starting a new life in a parallel world, Frederica's crystal ball would show her target's condition. The sole exception was that the target had to be alive. The crystal ball could not show images of dead people.

If Frederica could lift it with one hand, she could manipulate masses that were even bigger than the crystal ball. The laws of physics did not apply to her magic, and her Magic was unaffected by limitations of distance, dimensions, space or the world.

But it does show Shen can cut light, and therefore the light splitting doesn't violate our light rules since it was affected by a supernatural power.

Kepekley23 said:
Your passage states the light was split and tackled someone next to the Magical Girl. That implies the light bent instead of continuing to travel on a straight line.
1) Pfle shoots the light ray from her wheelchair

2) Akane cut the ray in two with her slice

3) Akane immediately followed with a 2nd slice

4) "the dark-clad nurse" (Shadow Gale) pushed Pfle aside to save her from the slice

In the scene, Gale is the one who tackled Pfle out of the way, not the beam on a magical girl. The beam was split, and the two parts went off to the sides who-knows-where. The dodged attack is from a 2nd slice.

Matthew Schroeder said:
That is cute but it is an obvious NLF. Specially since the other girls have very low-level powers.
Uhm... Cutting everything that's in her LoS is literally her power. What do you mean, NLF? Also, low-level powers is very debatable. During the same fight as the scene I posted, another magical girl counters Akane's slicing attacks.

Every power has pros and cons and can be countered. Some are more combat-oriented, some are more utility-oriented, some are more fun/hobby-oriented. Akane's magic is simply combat-oriented.

What is the proof of this ray of light having lightspeed?

The solar attack couldn't be cut by anyone, and they couldn't dodge it either. That's why they had to summon a mirror.

Why should the verse have Lightspeed reactions if they had to use a mirror to reflect the only confirmedly true light attack in the verse, and were wary of it, tackling the caster in order to try and avoid its activation?

Why should the verse have Lightspeed reactions if they had to use a mirror to reflect the only confirmedly true light attack in the verse?

How those things connected?

Shows that the only attack in the verse that is repeatedly described as being true light was never dodged, only prevented by tackling its caster, or being reflected with mirrors.

I don't know the full context as I'm not that far in the story, but the sunray likely wasn't cut simply because, out of the present magical girls, none had such an ability. Every magical girl obtains a unique ability, and the only magical girl with the power to cut anything she sees was Akane, who is dead.

was never dodged

Because there was a very small distance. And their movement speed < their reaction speed.

I am inclined to agree with Kep and Matt about this being an outlier. I fail to see how a feat that is supposedly millions of times greater than anything they have ever done can be anything other than that, and the passages do indicate that they avoided the Lightspeed Beam through aim-dodge. They can't even move at said speeds, you said so yourself, so i don't know how this can scale to anyone even if it is supposed to be just """Reaction""" speed

Kepekley23 said:
Shows that the only attack in the verse that is repeatedly described as being true light was never dodged, only prevented by tackling its caster
That's wrong. I just read that part in the GoogleDocs link A6 gave, and the one who was tackled wasn't the caster, but the one feeding the caster with sunlight. The attack went off without a problem and the monsters were destroyed. Mimi simply pushed the mysterious girl down so she wouldn't be caught in the attack's radius.

so i don't know how this can scale to anyone even if it is supposed to be just """Reaction""" speed

Some of MG has an instant attack magic. For those MG their reaction speed is important.

If your talking about Marika's Solar Cannon, then she fought and defeated a copy of herself in the drama CD that dodged it.

Ideal Marika: I... I am also Fukuroi Marika.

I have surpassed you, the original, and I am an idealized version of yourself.

Marika: Whoa, this is awesome, you're just like me!

The flower on your head, your clothes, your face, all of them are just like me, Fukuroi Marika!

Ideal Marika: The similarity is not merely superficial.

In terms of physical abilities, mental strength, intelligence, magical power, endurance, determination, I am superior to you in all these respects.

The victor in any combat between us will be readily apparent.

I am the most suitable to-

Marika: SOLAR CANNON!

Ideal Marika: A surprise attack - how despicable.

You will never be first-rate with such a mentality.

Your lack of professional courtesy, Leads to the fact that people speak of you as a rogue and a distasteful person behind your back.

Marika: Hoooh~ You managed to dodge that! So you're ready for battle even while you're talking! Nice! And those are some nice moves you've got! It's just like looking at myself!

A drama CD has neither visuals nor narration. The feat is utterly unquantifiable, we don't know how the dodging went, or if it was even a real dodge instead of aimdodge

It was a dodge since she was winding up and he was still talking while she was doing that, and then he was cut off mid-sentence after she fired it.

It is true that we don't know how much he moved, though. Or the distance between 'em (considerable, since he was hiding and she saw him from afar, which is why she fired the attack: Oh? Is that an enemy? Oi! Stop hiding over there and come on out!)

I am glad that things seem to have calmed down in this thread.

I am not sure.

What were the conclusions here?

Possibly. You can ask here for a calculation: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1416650

Back