• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magical Girl Raising Project Upgrade

Lasers ignore durability, my dude.

I'm not your dude.

And yes, lasers ignore durability. So, this beam of light cut a blade of the sword without any effort.

Chill out, my dude. You're only making this worse for yourself.

I don't care. If you want - you can discuss this with me in fanfiction. But you don't want. Because in 1-to-1 discussion you cannot call a friends help.

Let's look at the quote.

"Only the handle part of the blade remained. It had been cleanly cut, losing the bladed part. It couldn't be melted with heat, nor could it be shattered by shock"

Except that's how laser cutting works. A laser is directed at a material and it melts and evaporates it at the speed of light. If the sword can't be melted away, the beam is not a laser and thus doesn't travel that fast.

This is not a one to one discussion and never has been.

As I said:

But you don't want. Because in 1-to-1 discussion you cannot call a friends help.

Ah, another day another thread. Let's see what's going on he-.....
Bailout
This is not gonna end well..... btw i agree with the majority....

Except that's how laser cutting works. A laser is directed at a material and it melts and evaporates it at the speed of light. If the sword can't be melted by heat, the beam is not a laser and thus doesn't travel at the speed of light.

And then:

The beam continued to shoot. The place Inferno was standing before had sand smoking in its place.

So, sand on the way of this beam of light is vaporizing.

And about sword - there said, that it cannot melts. Nothing about it cannot vaporises.

A6colute said:
This is not a one to one discussion and never has been.
As I said:

But you don't want. Because in 1-to-1 discussion you cannot call a friends help.
i.e ruining the point of a Content Revision thread. We don't do this for any other content revision, we aren't gonna do so here. I suggest you calm down.

And why can't we discuss this here rather than in PM? Isn't that the point of a public forum?

Because I'm not interested in quarrel with a bunch of discord friends.

There is a source from the Quotes? like a capture for the Novel/PDF to believe if it is true or some lie/Fake/edit at convenience?

Also, the context for the scene (past, in the scene and future)?

A6colute said:
And why can't we discuss this here rather than in PM? Isn't that the point of a public forum?

You're really not helping yourself here, dude.

Damn nearly every beam attack in fiction can vaporize things.

And every beam attack is stated as "beam of light" by author?

@A6colute

The Kamehameha is a "beam of light". Are we going to call it lightspeed?

What about Excalibur? It shoots a "beam of light". It also dislocates space and generates a massive explosion at the point of impact. But are we going to call it light? No.

A6colute said:
Then why did you make a public thread. I'm not understanding here.

Then why did you make a public thread. I'm not understanding here.

Because I want to discuss this with someone outside this bunch of discord friends.

Unfortunately, those little friends makes it's impossible.

The Kamehameha is a "beam of light".

By author's text?

What about Excalibur? It shoots a "beam of light". It also dislocates space and generates a massive explosion at the point of impact. But are we going to call it light? No.

Because "It also dislocates space and generates a massive explosion".

@A6colute

It's still called a beam of light by the author text.

The point is that "beam of light" is not enough of a justification. You repeated it ad nauseam isn't helping your case and just makes you look childish.

>Makes a public thread

>Wants to "discuss this with someone outside this bunch of discord friends."

>Proceeded to make a public thread where these "Discord friends" will see it.

>"Discord Friends"

I'm sorry but your reasoning and logic is flawed. And what exactly does this have to do with the argument at hand? Nothing. Them being "Discord friends" does not effect the arguments at hands. Stop bringing it up as if it does.

>Because "It also dislocates space and generates a massive explosion".

That doesn't disapprove it being "lightspeed". That's just hax . We don't call it light for many reasons than what you stated.

Dunno why you are being hostile just because someone disagree with what you think

It's still called a beam of light by the author text.

Excalibur's blast? It's obviously works not like a beam of light must work.

And about energy beams... light is an energy. It's pure energy literally.

..., can stop the "flame wras/hostility" and focus on the content revision? there is a source to find the feat and by this, analize if this is a real one or hyperbole/outlier one...

That doesn't disapprove it being "lightspeed". That's just hax.

And magical light can be even faster than usual light.

Unless proven so, we don't assume it is.

Also i'm more inclined to agree with Matthew and the others on said feat being an outlier

Okay, so I read the chapter.

The very next passage talks about the beam killing her on contact. It also talks about the beam blasting the sand and leaving a lot of smoke and dust, basically a cloud of sand.

Real lasers don't do any of that.

Also i'm more inclined to agree with Matthew and the others on said feat being an outlier

>it's an outlier because there are no examples of evading light speed attacks

>here an example of avading a light attack

>it's not a light, it's an outlier also, etc.

You call this discussion?

@A6colute

Affirming your own argument when we've already pointed out that there isn't enough evidence to assume it's lightspeed isn't helping.

Also, a real laser would never blast a sword away through the air. It would carve through the metal as it went along.

>it's an outlier because there are no examples of evading light speed attacks

>here an example of avading a light attack

Except she didn't even evade the light to begin with.

"She held her crescent blade straight in front of her, putting herself in a form that'll fall on her back. There was a beam of light, and the bladed part of her sword flew through the air."

She raised the blade before the beam came out. And that's while we neglect the fact it isn't real light.

The very next passage talks about the beam killing her on contact.

Obviously. Because a laser is a concentrated energy. Literally. And concentrated energy can kill you.

Real lasers don't do any of that.

We talking not about real life lasers (which cannot be applicated in direct combat), but about science fiction lasers.

Back