• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magi General Discussion Thread

@Lormac_CC Actually, I will give this 2b cosmology from the horizontal dimensions of the Magi and Alibaba was saying that he can combine these dimensions (with his special magic) I think he can get 2b-4d dimensional manipulation from here But this is just my opinion at the moment, I'm looking into this a little more

@Lormac_CC Actually, I will give this 2b cosmology from the horizontal dimensions of the Magi and Alibaba was saying that he can combine these dimensions (with his special magic) I think he can get 2b-4d dimensional manipulation from here But this is just my opinion at the moment, I'm looking into this a little more
The thing is that Horizontal dimensions might be 1-C rather than 2-B

Guys, infinite D magi...
VzYJc4b.jpeg

100% of the magoi of a God is capable of unifying all dimensions [infinite hierarchy of R>F] that is why the world has to return to Rukh because 100% of the magoi of a God is needed and Solomon used Ill Ilah magoi to create the world so to achieve 100% of a god's magoi it is necessary to have possession of the Ill Ilah magoi that Solomon stole and used to create the world and currently constitutes everything that exists in the world.
Post it here so that we can discuss.
Sure🤷

No, Context is important here. It takes the power of a god to connect dimensions in his layer not the entire R/F layers
Ugo said:
SOLOMON AND I USED ALL OF ILL-ILAH'S MAGOI AND WE STILL ONLY MANAGED TO CROSS ONE DIMENSIONAL LEVEL.
Ugo said:
THAT'S RIGHT... IN THE PAST, I TOO THOUGHT ABOUT CREATING A MAGIC TO UNITE ALL DIMENSIONS! BUT AN ENTIRE GOD'S WORTH OF MAGOI IS NECESSARY. THUS, TO UNIFY THE DIMENSIONS
Ugo said:
IT'S NECESSARY TO RETURN THE WORLD THAT SOLOMON CREATED TO RUHK!!
Nope, what was said is contextually about the hierarchy of gods.

Last edited:
Nope, what was said is contextually about the hierarchy of gods.
Not at all, the raws uses "interfere with one dimension" rather than cross. Also, there are only two instances when dimensions where connected. First was Alibaba crossing, the other was when Ugo transported people from Alma torran to the the real world using illah magoi. I believe Ugo was referring to the latter

Not at all, the raws uses "interfere with one dimension" rather than cross. Also, there are only two instances when dimensions where connected. First was Alibaba crossing, the other was when Ugo transported people from Alma torran to the the real world using illah magoi. I believe Ugo was referring to the latter
Cross obviously also means getting somewhere, which in this case would be the upper world, at least in the case of the official translation, I don't know Japanese, I'll see if I can ask a translator to translate the raw later.

Cross obviously also means getting somewhere, which in this case would be the upper world, at least in the case of the official translation, I don't know Japanese, I'll see if I can ask a translator to translate the raw later.
だって、俺とソロモンがイル・イラーの魔力(マゴイ)をしてやっと1階層、次元の干渉に成功しただけなんだから。

そう・・・次元を繋げる魔法ぐらい、ずっと昔に俺が考えたさ!!!
でもあれには神一体分の魔力(マゴイ)が要るんだ!! だから今また次元と次元を繋げるためには・・・

ソロモンの創った世界を全部ルフに還す必要があるんだよッッッ!!!

で、でもよおウーゴくん。

After all, Solomon and I have used up the entirety of Ill Ilah's Magoi, yet we've only managed to finally succeed in interfering with one-dimensional level.

That's right... In the past, I too had thought about creating a magic capable of uniting dimensions!!
But an entire God's worth of Magoi is needed for that!! Thus, to order to unify dimensions to dimensions...

It's needed for the World created by Solomon to return to the Ruhk!!!

B-but, Ugo...

Any good with this?

As for what would qualify, a list of questions one should ask themself is:

• Does the higher world actually see the lower world as something immaterial, and insubstantial? Is there any continuity between it and the lower world, as there is with higher and lower-dimensional spaces, or even with finite and infinite things? Can there be?
  • Is this actually being depicted as a matter of power, or, more precisely, something analogous to "size"?
  • Can lesser existences unexplainedly interact or potentially interact with the higher existences, on their own, without any external (Or otherwise anomalous) assistance at play?

The first one finds itself more easily apparent in the more "mystical" or "metaphysical" instances of R>F Transcendence. For example, in cosmologies where the universe is defined as being illusory, and there is a "more real" reality existing above it. Chronicles of Narnia is a good example of a such thing (Drawing from the concept of the Platonic Cave), and so is this scene from Persona 2: Eternal Punishment.
Here you see that, by "illusion," what's needed is not something like the Matrix, which is really just a virtual space created by manipulations ultimately rooted in physical things (Brain electricity and etc, meaning the illusion is in fact just as "real" as the world behind it). What's needed is the world, itself, being devoid of substance (Existence) to a higher reality, even if it nevertheless has some mode of existence of its own.

For an illustrative example of this, take this scene from Mike Carey's The Unwritten as a reference point, where the Leviathan is described as "too real" and "too solid" compared to the world below it. Another way to think of it is to picture the following: A character with Nonexistent Physiology, except their nonexistence is depicted as making them intrinsically inferior to things that exist. That's how a character with a R>F Transcendence ought to see things below themselves.

For more ordinary forms of R>F, this would in turn be inferred by asking yourself yet another question: Is this higher world, quite literally, just a "real world"? Are those characters just people? Authors and readers and consumers of media? Are they not just cosmic entities being non-literally portrayed as such? An example of a verse where the answer to this is "Yes" would be, again, The Unwritten, and the very image of the Reality-Fiction Transcendence article should give one a pretty good initial idea of what's expected from this type of R>F. Though, mind you: You can be simultaneously a literal author and a genuine cosmic entity. These two are not mutually exclusive deals at all.

This could be asked of beings who dream realities into existence, too. For example, one such character that would most certainly never qualify for a genuine Reality-Fiction Transcendence is the One Being from Mortal Kombat, who is stated to create reality with its dreams, and yet also is reality: The realms composing the universe are splintered fragments of it. Suggesting that its dreaming stuff is no Reality-Fiction Transcendence at all, and in fact just a feat of Subjective Reality.

The second one is straightforward, and is only really a factor in the second forms of R>F described above: Is the "real world" really being depicted as something transcendentally powerful, compared to the fictional reality? A good example of what I mean by this would be this scene from Final Crisis: Superman Beyond, where Superman reaches out to try and grasp what is implied to be the reader of the comic, and describes it as "something immense beyond understanding." The Luminous Being from Dungeons and Dragons would be yet another instance of this.

In contrast, there can be characters who are depicted as literal authors and so on, but whose exact relationship with the fictional world is... vague, at best. In many such cases, you could very well interpret them as simply living externally to these worlds, and as having control over them, not involving total ontological transcendence at all. In which case, they'd be similar to the example of the One Being given above, simply swap dreams with books or whatever you like.

The third one is just as important as the above two, and in most cases will probably be what makes or breaks whether your R>F Transcendence is 1-A or not: Are beings from the fictional reality interacting with the "real world" despite having no business doing that? As an example: In Bravely Default, the real world is an actual important plot-point, referred to as the "Celestial Realm" where the gods live. It appears to be very much a literal real world, so much so that, at the end of the game, the 3DS camera turns on and projects the player's face over the background as a showcase of the Celestial Realm. Furthermore, the characters are referred to as lesser beings compared to the Celestials, who as said before, are also "gods" to them.

So, that seems to have a good case for a Reality-Fiction Transcendence, right? No, not really, because a plot-point in the game is also that the villain, Ouroboros, hatched a scheme to link together a bunch of alternate universes, in the hopes of consuming them and, in doing so, increase his power enough to breach into the Celestial Realm. That implies continuity between the higher world and the lower one in the sense described above, which is, of course, unacceptable. Another example would be this, which, of course, dispenses all explanation.

Of course, given the above-mentioned factors, such things would have to be very definitely explained in a revised version of the Reality-Fiction Transcendence page. As has been said: Not everything that looks like R>F is R>F in a genuine sense (Including many things we currently accept as sufficing for it), and so I would very much like to note that down.

This is the new R/F standard. Does Magi qualify?
Yes, the only thing that could be a problem is this requirement
  • Can lesser existences unexplainedly interact or potentially interact with the higher existences, on their own, without any external (Or otherwise anomalous) assistance at play?
But it is resolved by the fact that lesser beings interact through narratively superior things like ill-ilah's magoi.

Did illah share magic as a concept or an ability, cause even after everyone was moved to a new universe magic/magicians still exists

Did illah share magic as a concept or an ability, cause even after everyone was moved to a new universe magic/magicians still exists

Technically both, the concept was shared through solomon creating the universe with ill-ilah's magoi and the ability was taught by ill-ilah, every universe has the concept of magic because they are composed of Rukh.

so R/F magi doesn't qualify?
R>F qualifies, what I meant is that the only possible problem was the interaction of less real characters with more real characters but it's not really a problem because these interactions only happen through abilities coming from more real characters or more real artifacts.

Technically both, the concept was shared through solomon creating the universe with ill-ilah's magoi and the ability was taught by ill-ilah, every universe has the concept of magic because they are composed of Rukh.
Magi doesn't have conceptual manipulation

R>F qualifies, what I meant is that the only possible problem was the interaction of less real characters with more real characters but it's not really a problem because these interactions only happen through abilities coming from more real characters or more real artifacts.
I believe this will easily be covered by the fact that narrative/thoughts are controlled by the higher worlds

What CRT removed Acausality (Type 4) from Arba and the dimension stuff?

higher dimensional existence?
thanks

Rukh are pure existence and are the basic unit of the spirit. After a person dies, they become one with God. God is the source of rukh. His body is also make of Rukh. He is the cause of everything that happens in creation including the thought of human. Creation is a story and God is the author of that story. Characters in a story can't harm their author. The Rukh exists in all things. There are higher worlds/gods above God. Everything that occurs in a lower world is controlled by the higher world. It is like a script written.

Last edited:
Rukh are pure existence and are the basic unit of the spirit. After a person dies, they become one with God. God is the source of rukh. His body is also make of Rukh. He is the cause of everything that happens in creation including the thought of human. Creation is a story and God is the author of that story. The Rukh exists in all things. There are higher worlds/gods above God. Everything that occurs in a lower world is controlled by the higher world.
I remember that the idea that inhabitants of a world of a superior God are an additional layer of transcendence was rejected. Do you think that if a thread were actually made about this, it would be accepted?

Do you think that if a thread were actually made about this, it would be accepted?
Yes. It would. We can use the size of the small world illah created. It had countless dimensions and a universe. It was smaller than regular humans. Keep in mind the difference between that world and Aladdin world isn't even reality fiction.

Please do not do any revisions yet, something is in the works for what is basically a verse overhaul, and we would rather not have anything happen that may cause issues with doing so, so please just wait.

Please do not do any revisions yet, something is in the works for what is basically a verse overhaul, and we would rather not have anything happen that may cause issues with doing so, so please just wait.
I don't plan on doing anything yet

Back