• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magellan vs. Cobra

cobra wins via precog, i don't remember magellan having haki, and poison is ineffective on both combatants

Proof of Cobra being immune to Magellan? Magellan's poison can literally melt people, this includes level 4 prisoners. His Venom Demon can even infect inanimate objects. Sorry Cobra, you eat, you melt.

So, then Natsu gets burned and Laxus gets electricuted when eating their respective elements? No, that's not how it works. Being a Dragon Slayer/God Slayer means that you can eat your respective element, without any limits as of right now. The story has not given any limit to how much or how well Slayers can eat their elements. Besides, Magellan can be affected with poison, as shown when he gets diarrhea whenever he eats poison (which he does WAY too often). Cobra stomps easily.

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Erik

So I guess Natsu can eat Yamma's existence erasing bankai? Ever heard of nlf? He can either take the poison or he can't. '''Resistance''' only takes you so far.

But that solely depends on the opinion of others. Theoretically, according to the anime, Natsu can eat any and all fire, but there is clearly a limit to what he can eat. Assuming otherwise is a no-limits fallacy. I do not know if Cobra can eat Magellan's poison, but if he can, then he stomps. Let's assume that their poison abilities completely negate each other's for the sake of arguement. Cobra still wins since he does not rely on his poison 100%, since he has Sound Magic, while Magellan only relies on poison, not even bothering to even put up his arms to block attacks sometimes. I still say Cobra wins.

Magellan wins due to having haki.(every high ranking officer has haki) he also one shotted the blackbeard pirates, kept up with lvl 1-5 prisoners + g2 luffy and company, 1shotted high ranking revolutionary army by himself and is said to be on par with shiryu. with that said he wins by having more experience, stamina and endurance. also his awakening could most likely melt him seeing how god fire still burnt natsu. :^]

Except for Haki (which he has an unknown level of mastery of, but this most likely low, since he never used it in any of the fights we've seen him in), he acomplished all of his other feats with only his poison. Since Cobra's limit to poison consumption is unconfirmed, I already said to assume that their poison abilities cancel out. Cobra still wins since 1. Magellan never used Haki, meaning he either can't use it or is not proficient with it and rather would not use it, 2. Cobra is an amazing hand to hand fighter since he kept up with Erza, and therefore Magellan, and 3. Cobra has Sound hax that would give Magellan hell

1. well umm.. 2. magellan kept up with more than 1 person? it was the whole impel down against him and he never took any serious damage until offscreen. 3. magellans said that his awakening or whatever it is could bring down impel down. and I said before, magellans poison is different, either in base & awakening or just awakening due to the properties of it. making magellans poison more superior since it also has an effect like acid. Natsu got burnt by god flames so Magellan's posion would melt Cobra. I think cobra's poison is on par with ceasar clowns (without smile) who is inferior to magallen either way.

First : this is a necro

Second: magellan is unknown tier

Third: natsu could not eat god slayer fire (except for one exception) and of course natsu can´t eat a fire which can delete you from the existence

2. magellan kept up with more than 1 person? it was the whole impel down against him and he never took any serious damage until offscreen.

Sure, like Cobra can't keep up with unarmed, starving, fatigued, traumatized, and possibly already injured prisoners all on his own WITHOUT POISON. Also, the deepest he ever went was lv.5, so not all of Impel Down. Also, although Jinbe, Daz Bones and Crocodile are incredibly powerful, 1. Magellan never caught up to them, and thus never fought them, and 2. everyone he did fight were only won because of his poison, so he doesn't actually have any good physical feats (other than tanking Gear 2 Luffy's Gum-Gum Bazooka, but Luffy was already heavily weakened to the point that he was later outperformed by Base Luffy with wax boxing gloves, and Magellan was seen to take visible damage from that attack).

3. magellans said that his awakening or whatever it is could bring down impel down. and I said before, magellans poison is different, either in base & awakening or just awakening due to the properties of it. making magellans poison more superior since it also has an effect like acid. Natsu got burnt by god flames so Magellan's posion would melt Cobra. I think cobra's poison is on par with ceasar clowns (without smile) who is inferior to magallen either way.

He never shows his awakening, like, ever (also if he did use his awakening, it would turn Impel Down INTO poison, not destroy it), and like i said before, I don't know if Erik can eat Magellan's poison, so I assumed that their poison abilities would counter each other's. Besides, even if Magellan's red poison can hurt Cobra, 1. Magellan is also affected by poison (diarreha), so Cobra's Dragon Slayer enhanced poison (since whatever Dragon Slayers produced is far stronger than the element normally is) should deal at least a little damage, and 2. Erik can kill Magellan's ears, read his mind with his sound magic, and spam Sound Wall to keep Magellan's red poison away from him. Also, God Flames are different in a way that I can't describe, and since Magellan does not use "God-Slaying" poison, then I can assume that Cobra can at least eat all of Magellan's purple poison.

Cobra's Sound Magic is going to be the main reason why I think Cobra wins. Unless you can come up with an idea that Magellan can use to counter that, then I'm not going to change my opinion.

Yeah. I have to agree with Mickey here to a degree. Cobra's sound magic would be his main trump card here. His sound magic would be one of the only reasons how he could pull off a victory...

But in Magellan's way to victory, I would say that the only he could win is by using Venom Demon. I believe Cobra could eat Magellan normal poison with ease. But Venom Demon is questionable since we haven't seen Cobra actually eat any other type of poison. I mean, sure we could said he could but, it's not set in stone yet, so we could just leave that as a 'maybe' for now. Or just put that to side to discuss another time.

Now about Venom Demon. I think this is probably a hint of how his awakening could be like. I don't think we will ever see him truly awaken, since he would kill everyone in Impel Down by accident and he'll lose his job as a Navy. But this poison of his could probably be the end for Cobra, because he doesn't even need to really throw it around. That poison spreads like wildfire. All he has to do is touch Cobra and he's done.

Now about Magellan being affected by poison. I think the diarrhea only occurs when he eats it. Which is needed to perform one of his attacks. Like Chloroform Ball. Well, he chews it... I don't know why he eats it. I don't think having diarrhea means he can effect by other poison. That could just considered a comedy relief thing. It's hard to say, really if poison can harm the outer parts. Cobra's attacks may not be as effective as they would normally.

So yeah, Mickey has a point and I agree. Though Cobra will have to take him out quick, because once he uses Venom Demon, It's lights out for Cobra... Because now he can't touch him at all... He'll have to stick with range only and Cobra has limited range since Magellan's posion can spread swiftly if he touches anything... That posion spreads throughout everything.

Cobra vs his food, lol, also its true cobra only eat his snake venom, so we can put the maybe he can eat mag venom-denom or not, but he can hear everything including mag through, weakness and memories and his every move,so ita kinda unfair for Magnum

Naruto 0116

Thanks, but the sound magic can help out way more than you think. Remember when Magellan's Venom Demon was temporarily smashed into a wall by a Gear 3 wax-covered attack by Luffy? Cobra could easily replicate that level of power with his sound, and due to his proficiency with it, he could very easily spam Sound Wall and keep Venom Demon back, while simultaneously killing Magellan's ears and causing brain damage in the process

@Mickey1940

The only thing with that is even if he does knock him back, Cobra will still have to keep his distance because remember in the anime how Luffy did knock him back with the wax but Magellan got right back up and the poison was still spreading? And Cobra has only ever used it rarely. Even with that... I doubt that would put Magellan down. One Piece is known for its crazy durability characters. Cobra's best attacks come from his hand to hand techniques. His offensive sound magic wouldn't be enough. Plus from the way his techniques were shown, it would seem that Magellan would have to be pretty close for that Sound Wall's damage to be super effective and even then, he's stubborn. I still think this could go either way depending on how the fight goes. Plus, like I said... It spreads around so Cobra will still have to put him down fast before he runs out of places to run and shoot from. My point still holds.

you know cobra can hear you thoughts including your memories and weakness and powers, The poison that he produces from his skin is so corrosive that it is said to be able to decay all that it touches, but can also act after a given amount of time: Erik stated that its effects are first visible in a progressive weakening of the victim's body, which then results in death.

Naruto0116 I never said Cobra can use Sound Wall offensively. I'm saying he can use it to keep Venom Demon a safe distance away. Also, Cobra doesn't need to be close to kill Magellan, he can use his Poison Dragon abilities as well.

ok, since Cobra's page has been edited, this should be closed, since Cobra at this point clearly stomps due to AP

Magellan doesn't just use venom. He uses acid. Even if Cobra eats some of it, he would only eat the parts that actually hit his mouth, and eating your own element doesn't happen instantly (Natsu was at first hit by Jellal's golden flame) and that 1 second of a delay is enough to kill him.

Cobra does NOT have sound magic as his trump card. That's a filler-only ability AND it's a post-time skip ability. This is pre-time skip Cobra.

Magellan low-diff.

Magellan mid-diff to current Cobra.

Magellan high-diff to sound magic Cobra.

Rhaeroga said:
Cobra does NOT have sound magic as his trump card. That's a filler-only ability AND it's a post-time skip ability. This is pre-time skip Cobra.

Magellan low-diff.

Oh right, pre=timeskip Cobra. I agree that Pre-Timeskip loses. But the fact that you think that Current Cobra would lose against Magellan is absurd. Magellan if you scale him to Impel Down Base Luffy in terms of physical strength and power is City level. Cobra is Island level, which is thousands of times stronger and more powerful. Also, it's not like Magellan ISN'T going to use poison at all in his fight, meaning that Cobra will absorb massive amoounts of poison before Magellan decides to use Venom Demon, and IF Cora doesn't one-shot him before then, it wouldn't matter since Magellan could literally overpower him with his poison blasts and sound magic DBZ style

Also, since when was his sound magic filler? He uses it in literally every single fight panel/scene he's on

This is necro, and what Magellan can do against Cobra, he can hear his thought, his muscle movement, even his past, power, and weakness

Rhaeroga said:
Magellan doesn't just use venom. He uses acid. Even if Cobra eats some of it, he would only eat the parts that actually hit his mouth, and eating your own element doesn't happen instantly (Natsu was at first hit by Jellal's golden flame) and that 1 second of a delay is enough to kill him.

Magellan low-diff.

Not only was the Zentopia arc canon(as Hiro wanted to put it in the manga but do to time constraints put it in the anime instead and have the characters remember it instead), Cobra has Sound Magic pre timeskip

Plus Cobra has a high resistance to any type of poison that isn't above his own like a God Slayer's

Proof? Because Cobra's is made of several diffrent types and viruses. There's also him straight up eating it (which he will more than lilely do if his sound magic doesn't tip him off)

Magellan's poison is amongst the strongest one the wiki. His poison can cause death upon contact, melt people, is extremely acidic and can even poison non organic beings such as rocks. His poison is a lot stronger as the best feat Cobra has is corrosion inducing which he's never actually show cased meanwhile its a basic effect from Magellan and he has way stronger poison like Hydra or the Demon Venom.

Cobra's resistance only covers what he was capable of resist. That's how this wiki works. It's the same for Natsu I stated in the Natsu vs Semiramis thread: yeah, Natsu could resist Cobra's corrosive poison but he was clearly damaged and screamed for it. And we don't even know how powerful is Cobra's corrosion without the statement which can be hyperbole. Magellan's poison is far superior to Cobra's so we can't just assume that because he's the Dragon Slayer of Poison he can't "lolnope" a poison with better feats.

Pre Timeskip Natsu's Poison Resistance =/= Cobra's

No one is saying that Cobra's Poison will overpower Magellan's but that he has a resistance to Poison in general and can eat said poison.

There's also his sound magic to allow him to hear his opponents thoughts

Back