• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Last edited:
Manabu wins mid-high diff for several reasons. His AP will demolish Johnny, as well as his intelligence and grappling skills which will punish Johnny's temper and aggressive fighting style. Karate teaches grappling but Manabu practically mastered aikido, so even if Johnny tries to use his strength advantage to overwhelm him, he won't win when it comes to any form of grappling.

Now Johnny might choose to play dirty and take advantage of the fact that Manabu wears glasses. He'll likely get cocky and overconfident, only to get countered and hit, or get grappled instead. Ryueen is a master of using dirty tactics and has hundreds, likely thousands of street fight experience. However, when Ryueen tried to use these cheap tactics against Manabu, such as covering his glasses with snow and attacking his weak point, Manabu still countered him, with his EYES CLOSED.

Manabu slams with more AP and dura, more Stamina, higher intelligence, and having the skills necessary to counter anything Johnny might do.

Manabu wins mid-high diff for several reasons. His AP will demolish Johnny, as well as his intelligence and grappling skills which will punish Johnny's temper and aggressive fighting style.
I agree with the grappling skills, but Manabu would need a 34.5 Kilojoules to one shot he only is at 12.2 so the AP difference isn't much of a factor
Karate teaches grappling but Manabu practically mastered aikido, so even if Johnny tries to use his strength advantage to overwhelm him, he won't win when it comes to any form of grappling.
Manabu is 4th Dan in aikido thats mid black level with the highest being 10th Dan, he isn't close to mastery but his skill level is definitely middle tier black belt in aikido, while also having 5th dan in Karate which is around where Johnny should be. He would be a 10th Dan by mid 20s. Manabu is more skilled than Johnny imo
Now Johnny might choose to play dirty and take advantage of the fact that Manabu wears glasses. He'll likely get cocky and overconfident, only to get countered and hit, or get grappled instead.
agreed here too.
Ryueen is a master of using dirty tactics and has hundreds, likely thousands of street fight experience. However, when Ryueen tried to use these cheap tactics against Manabu, such as covering his glasses with snow and attacking his weak point, Manabu still countered him, with his EYES CLOSED.
This is valid for Manabu getting Enhanced Senses or Instinctive Action
Manabu slams with more AP and dura, more Stamina, higher intelligence, and having the skills necessary to counter anything Johnny might do.
Yeah i vote Manabu as well

I agree with the grappling skills, but Manabu would need a 34.5 Kilojoules to one shot he only is at 12.2 so the AP difference isn't much of a factor

Manabu is 4th Dan in aikido thats mid black level with the highest being 10th Dan, he isn't close to mastery but his skill level is definitely middle tier black belt in aikido, while also having 5th dan in Karate which is around where Johnny should be. He would be a 10th Dan by mid 20s. Manabu is more skilled than Johnny imo

agreed here too.

This is valid for Manabu getting Enhanced Senses or Instinctive Action

Yeah i vote Manabu as well
Manabu can fight and run with his glasses on imagine how fast he is without them 🥶

Manabu wins mid-high diff for several reasons. His AP will demolish Johnny, as well as his intelligence and grappling skills which will punish Johnny's temper and aggressive fighting style. Karate teaches grappling but Manabu practically mastered aikido, so even if Johnny tries to use his strength advantage to overwhelm him, he won't win when it comes to any form of grappling.

Now Johnny might choose to play dirty and take advantage of the fact that Manabu wears glasses. He'll likely get cocky and overconfident, only to get countered and hit, or get grappled instead. Ryueen is a master of using dirty tactics and has hundreds, likely thousands of street fight experience. However, when Ryueen tried to use these cheap tactics against Manabu, such as covering his glasses with snow and attacking his weak point, Manabu still countered him, with his EYES CLOSED.

Counted.

Can someone remind of Johnny's skill feats? I remember his verse having a alot

meanwhile Manabu only has one notable skill feat

actually I'm gonna remove my vote for Manabu

I looked at Johnny's profile and he has FAR better skill feats. How is Horitika gonna deal with that?

actually I'm gonna remove my vote for Manabu

I looked at Johnny's profile and he has FAR better skill feats. How is Horitika gonna deal with that?
I don't think that to be honest. Manabu himself has many statements. First of all, he was able to go against Ayanokouji in volume 2, though their fight didn't last much longer, Ayanokouji himself thought that Manabu was a great fighter. For Ayanokouji, the skill required for being a great fighter should be literally too high because he was trained in the white room, which has its own standards. And he also has a mastery over Karate (5th Dan) and Aikido (4th Dan). All Manabu doesn't have is screentime, but he is skilled lol. Also, Manabu is a too great AP advantage. And Manabu even evaded Ryuuen or smth if I am not wrong.

But I wouldn't force you.​

I don't think that to be honest. Manabu himself has many statements. First of all, he was able to go against Ayanokouji in volume 2, though their fight didn't last much longer, Ayanokouji himself thought that Manabu was a great fighter. For Ayanokouji, the skill required for being a great fighter should be literally too high because he was trained in the white room, which has its own standards. And he also has a mastery over Karate (5th Dan) and Aikido (4th Dan). All Manabu doesn't have is screentime, but he is skilled lol. Also, Manabu is a too great AP advantage. And Manabu even evaded Ryuuen or smth if I am not wrong.​
But I wouldn't force you.​
Manubu FRA again lol

Tbh Karate kid profiles need some tweaks for ap but I'm to lazy

Back