• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madara Uchiha representative Vs demon king representative

Come the **** on

It doesn't need to be the same exact ability. That's why it's called equalization.

Someone who can absorb ninjutsu can absorb magic. Someone who can redirect magic can redirect Ninjutsu.
Nagato can absorb Cruel Sun. Meliodas can Full Counter Fireball Jutsu.

That's how it works.

Come the **** on

It doesn't need to be the same exact ability. That's why it's called equalization.

Someone who can absorb ninjutsu can absorb magic. Someone who can redirect magic can redirect Ninjutsu.

That's how it works.
Very very lame, how does this even works in Verses that have LITERALLY both supernatural energies and are treated SO DIFFERENT? Such as MCU with natural energy/lifeforce and also has Magic/Witchecraft

Very very lame, how does this even works in Verses that have LITERALLY both supernatural energies and are treated SO DIFFERENT? Such as MCU with natural energy/lifeforce and also has Magic/Witchecraft
then whatever is the most similar is equalized and whatever is not, is not

Currently from the looks of it chakra and magic seem a bit too distinct from each other to be equalised, albeit I only watched up to season 2 of the 7ds anime so I don't have good knowledge of it.

Scans would be helpful, and if this is a stomp then I can give Zeldris knowledge and access to his second key.
I think you can equalize the energies since a mod agrees with verse equalization

Based on the page featuring equalisation and fights I saw previously, I assumed energies had to be similar? Whenever I saw one piece related fights, they all couldn't be equalised due to how distinct haki was from other energies.

Wouldn't the same apply for chakra and magic?

I guess the most sure-fire way to deal with it is just post scans that show how similar or different they are from each other for it to work.

Otherwise Zeldris can get swapped or have his stronger keys used.

Based on the page featuring equalisation and fights I saw previously, I assumed energies had to be similar? Whenever I saw one piece related fights, they all couldn't be equalised due to how distinct haki was from other energies.

Wouldn't the same apply for chakra and magic?
One pieces energy systems is too complex to equalize.

I wonder how similar it should get?
For example 2 cars, one runs on gas the other on water. They are different but not too complex to equalize.
But one pieces is like a car that runs on multiple fuels. It gets too complicated because of haki. Simply hard to translate too other verse energy systems in battle.

I dont see the problem in this fight where both have main energy systems and fight with it. Not too complex to translate to each other. Ninjutsu and magic being both supernatural energy

Last edited:
Then this would mean that zeldris can eat obito's jutsu's and fuel his magic and get knowledge of obito.

Demons, when they eat someone's spirit (basically spiritual energy), they fuel their magic + they get knowledge of that person.. i think demons are smart enough to sense spiritual energy

Zeldris gets knowledge about the kamui and then I pull back my vote to neutral, because the kamui had weaknesses

Edit:
Ninjutsu is not neccessearily spiritual but the souls do have chakra. Ninjutsu is supernatural power which is basically very similar to magic. For this battle, equalization is possible imo

Last edited:
I guess the most sure-fire way to deal with it is just post scans that show how similar or different they are from each other for it to work.

Otherwise Zeldris can get swapped or have his stronger keys used.
Another mod agrees that they can be equalized so just equalize them just to be safe

Since energies are equalized Zeldris can ignore kamui and seal obito chakra with a touch since he has knowledge on genjutsu he will avoid it

I
Come the **** on

That's how it works.
Is this really the case then why can't be haki equalized when there are (probably) a similar thing that haki did in other verses?

Using haki as an example btw

No it is not since if that was the case Zeldris would literally null anyone who touched him in verse
When gid is activated yes physical contact with Zeldris will seal you unless you resist powernull which a lot of nnt characters do
God: Zeldris' magic power, given to him by the Demon King. He can use it to seal others' magic, which he did to Drole. It has been implied that using it makes him much more powerful than he is normally. This Power allows him to be resistant to all types of magic, and remain virtually untouched by them.

If everyone who voted for Obtio still thinks he's wins then please state it again since verse equalisation changes the battle and therefore resets the votes

Its either going incon or nothing since its equalized now. Obito just continues being intangible and uses izanagi

Obito can't Stay intangible constantly.for long time kamui has weaknesses:
  1. He can Stay intangible constantly for 5 minutes (that how konan almost killed him)
  2. He can't attack or teleport when he is intangible
  3. Kamui has a quirk..while still being intangible, he still senses the current dimension by vision, sound and smell.
  4. He can't spam kamui BFR's casually. Doesn't it take a lot of chakra? Sakura had to boost him
If zeldris can constantly pressure him, obito will run out of time. Konan almost killed obito by constantly bombing/attacking him with her papers till he ran out of time

If zeldris has a way je can win

If energies are equalized, zeldris can actually wait for obito to touch himerit:
With izanagi, intangible for 10min

I don't have a leg in this race, but to quote my self on another thread:
To quote the SBA
Verse equalization: Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion. So a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen.

Furthermore, attacks that require a special type of energy to be effective, like anti-magic requiring magic, will be assumed to work against the energies of different Verses, as long as they are somehow similar and the mechanics are somehow compatible with the known mechanics behind the energies from different Verses. For example, mind control resistance by being a capable mind user would also work against other Verses, but mind control resistance through a strong will would not necessarily work against mind control from other Verses. It is also important to note that characters won't lose or gain any abilities or resistances which they do or do not inherently possess. However, if an ability has a weakness, condition, caveat, or limitation, consistently shown throughout its use (such as not working on characters under a specific condition, like energy gap) or stated by a valid and uncontradicted statement, then it should be applicable after the equalization.

Equalization works highly on a case-by-case basis, so many relevant cases should be discussed in the versus thread itself.
Lets use two systems I'm vaguely aware of: Chakra (Naruto), Ki (Dragon Ball), Magic (DC Comics)

So can Chakra and Ki be equalized? Yes:
  • Both are similar in nature and similar in mechanics (though with some differences)
  • Everyone has it more or less, but you have to have training to use it
  • Its based off of the person's life energy
So can Chakra and Magic (DC) be equalized? No:
  • Magic is no inherit with people, its the left over energy of creation
  • Not everyone can use magic, even with training
  • Its not based on how strong the person is, but their connection and attunement to the magical energy left over from creation
  • The way magic is treated in DC is fundamentally different from how chakra is treated
So if you had Kaguya fight King Piccolo, you could assume she would be able to absorb his Ki attacks since its similar to chakra. If you had Kaguya fight Zatanna and she fired a magical beam, the same assumption could not be said.
If you can prove that magic in 7DS is different fundamentally from chakra then they wouldn't be treated as being equalized energy sources. Most of the time its more due to the nature of it (Magic not naturally being part of someone or requiring to pull it from the environment rather than yourself) than anything else.

I don't have a leg in this race, but to quote my self on another thread:

If you can prove that magic in 7DS is different fundamentally from chakra then they wouldn't be treated as being equalized energy sources. Most of the time its more due to the nature of it (Magic not naturally being part of someone or requiring to pull it from the environment rather than yourself) than anything else.
The op decision is final

Back