• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mad Father Revisions

Jackythejack

They/Them
AYA STUFF

So just gonna quickly go through all of...this lol. There's a bit to go through but like, not too much.

Aya's lifting strength should probably be at least Average Human. She can pick up ladders and potted plants full of dirt. At the very least she shouldn't have Unknown and should have a liiiiittle more, at least.

Aya's speed is Superhuman, determined by a calc here

Currently her NPI implies that she can't touch ghosts without the magic water. This is just wrong as she has touched ghosts before like with Dio, and she even killed one during one of the cutscenes here

She also has a lot of things with optional equipment, that I just quickly want to list here.

Her magic water should probably be Purification instead of power nullification as it literally destroys her mothers curse and almost destroys her completely. She only used this once at the very end of the game, so I think it's fair to discard this. On top of that, I don't think it should be given a tier, as it only removed hax via some mystic properties, and I feel as though giving it a tier is misleading and implies she can punch above her paygrade.

She can access a flame retardant in the Remake which should probably give her limited Fire Negation

She also has fire manipulation with her lighter, or in the remake from her torch.

Her mother's perfume should have limited animal manipulation considering it causes animals to move away from her. Maybe fragrance manipulation would be better for this, but I'm not too sure.

She has an herbicide that immediately kills plants, which should give her plant manipulation.

Again, this should all be optional equipment, and I am in no way saying that Aya comes stacked with all this stuff at any given time. I don't think she should be given Snowball because he much more counts as his own person, but I'm willing to just give it to her or maybe make it a separate key maybe.

BLOOD MODE ADDITIONS

I think Aya should have a key for Blood Mode. It's basically just her but an adult, so it wouldn't change too much. She's just presumably better in all stat categories. That being said, she should have either above average or gifted intelligence, as she had become a doctor and seems to be able to mimic her father's research to some extent.

She also might need to get enhanced senses or extrasensory perception since she can sense the presence of ghosts without them being there. She also does this earlier where she avoids a ghosts attack even though she isn't facing him and might not even know he was there.

Her LS should be greater than the first key, since she's able to move a full barrel. This is probably athletic human.

That should be it.

MONIKA DREVIS REVISIONS

There isn't too much to say about Monika. It's mainly that she needs to add justifications to her powers. I do, however, think she should be upgraded to High 8-C, if his is how tiering works. Given that her curse spread over the entire mansion and it's underground complex, I don't think this is a stretch.

She needs Immortality (Type 7) on her profile given she's a ghost. Her mind manipulation should instead be Memory Manipulation I think. She mainly makes Aya see things that happened in the past. Maybe that's mind manip, but I like to imagine it's more memory manipulation, but again I can debate that some.

Another thing is that a lot of her abilities are actually given to things she normally resurrected during her curse. Her spatial manipulation isn't actually done by her, it's done by a ghost brought about by her curse, same with her forcefield creation. Do we allow this, or do we remove them from her profile because she was never shown doing them?

She needs Resurrection I think? I could be wrong on this one but she did bring people back as zombies and reanimated dolls. It's either this or possibly necromancy?

Idk why she has matter manipulation so I think that should be removed.

She should probably have fire manipulation if we go with the idea she has the powers of people brought by her curse. Dio (his real name is Robin lol) actually sets fire to the entire mansion (probably another reason she should be High 8-C).

Maybe give her Creation or Reality Warping instead of Spatial Manipulation. The infinite loop of a room seems to imply this. She was also able to create all these rooms that showed the events of Alfred's life. This is probably creation. It might be a bit more but I'm not exactly good at identifying this stuff.

And...I think that's everything. To recap

Aya gets the tier 8 thing removed, she gets some new powers, and an optional equipment tab. She gets a new key for when she's an adult, and Monika gets some stuff removed, added and a tier change.

Currently her NPI implies that she can't touch ghosts without the magic water. This is just wrong as she has touched ghosts before like with Dio, and she even killed one during one of the cutscenes here
Are those ghosts actually intangible?
Her mother's perfume should have limited animal manipulation considering it causes animals to move away from her. Maybe fragrance manipulation would be better for this, but I'm not too sure.
Probably fragrance
She has an herbicide that immediately kills plants, which should give her plant manipulation.
Probably just poison manip
There isn't too much to say about Monika. It's mainly that she needs to add justifications to her powers. I do, however, think she should be upgraded to High 8-C, if his is how tiering works. Given that her curse spread over the entire mansion and it's underground complex, I don't think this is a stretch.
Ngl I don't think AP should really be gleaned by affecting a place with a curse
Another thing is that a lot of her abilities are actually given to things she normally resurrected during her curse. Her spatial manipulation isn't actually done by her, it's done by a ghost brought about by her curse, same with her forcefield creation. Do we allow this, or do we remove them from her profile because she was never shown doing them?
If they're there as a direct consequence of her actions they'd count as summons, I think
She needs Resurrection I think? I could be wrong on this one but she did bring people back as zombies and reanimated dolls. It's either this or possibly necromancy?
Either or, ig, I'd do Necromancy

Everything else is fine. To clarify it's been years since I played the games so I'm a bit hazy on the details

Are those ghosts actually intangible?
Ghosts like Ines are shown to be able to go through walls so I think probably yes?

Ngl I don't think AP should really be gleaned by affecting a place with a curse
I assumed that this was valid though based off what it says in our tiering system.

"Significantly affect" is here used as an umbrella term for feats that don't involve direct creation or destruction but are comparable to them in power, such as warping and distorting the entirety of the structure in question, sustaining its existence with one's own, etc.

though if that’s not satisfactory to you would you rather she just be like, downgraded to 9-B? She defeated Maria who’s stronger than Aya so like I guess it checks out.

the rest of the verse would probably have to be changed then (Misao and Onigawara derive their tiering off something similar but I wanted to approach them a bit later).

Either way once this is decided I can call in another staff member see what they think and then add the revision

Ghosts like Ines are shown to be able to go through walls so I think probably yes?
oh thats fine then
I assumed that this was valid though based off what it says in our tiering system.

"Significantly affect" is here used as an umbrella term for feats that don't involve direct creation or destruction but are comparable to them in power, such as warping and distorting the entirety of the structure in question, sustaining its existence with one's own, etc.
Oh that's fine ig then, but I think it'd be better to treat it as a creation feat and try to figure out the weight of the school

Figuring out the weight of the mansion would be an absolute pain in the ass oh lord.

Either way gonna call in another mod later today see what they think

I decided to just apply the changes to Aya's page as it would be easy to do and wouldn't require me getting scans really.

here it is

I was legally not allowed to list the flame retardant because Fandom thought I was trying to say a slur.

I made a calculation and I was thinking that if it goes through we could just use this as Monika's AP instead of trying to rely on funky reality warping. Besides this it's better and encouraged to give her a concrete number and the reality warping aspect of the AP section just doesn't allow this (and that probably means it should be revised)

OH also real quick Monika should have her lifting strength changed to average human (she is one and has this via telekinesis by shooting AYa across the room), and she should probably have her durability be changed to Unknown.

Back