• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mackenzie Peterson Irvaron vs Ethan Xavier

Alright, since Max has no justification for L6-B, he is what we refer to as baseline strength. Since Ethan has a calc, he's apporximately double in attack power, which is not super significant, but it is good to note

Ethan has resistances to a lot of his good hax, such has his Fire/Heat Manipulation, Soul, Mind, and Telekinesis. He even has resistance to Chi in a way where only he can control his own Energy, no one else. But he won't be able to resist say, Energy Projection or Chi Blasts

Yeah, Max's justification for it uses scaling. I feel like with Danmaku, Portal Creation, and his archery, Max could zone him out. With his summoning, he can summon Solaris, who would help him out in hand-to-hand but wouldn't be able to stray too far away from him. The thing is, if it comes down to it, Max could release a powerful explosion move, but it'd most likely kill them both.WHat other factors could affect this?

Well, we'll need to know the specifics of the Danmaku. Solaris seems to be like a stand, in hand to hand, Ethan's practically unmatched in the world, he also has the ability to create a clone, so it's a two on two on that front. Ethan would probably do well if it came to close range too

As for a Zoning Battle, at first glance most would say that Max has the advantage, but I'd argue that Ethan is more than capable of sustaining long range combat. He can use Ice Spikes as cover for the projectiles and use Stone Shards, Cold Bombs, and Inferno Beams, each having different angles of attack and use. The only possible problem for Ethan would be portal creation, but with his own form of teleportation, he can get into close range and follow quite easily I'd say.

It seems like they are eventually matched in direct ranged combat, though I think Ethan can attack with multiple angles. But I feel like Ethan can change up things with Durability Negation with his elements, plus he can control the battlefield with Cold Bombs, in which stepping on a cold spot can leave openings. If Ethan is about to get hit, he can use Shockwind Burst to defend himself from all angles. Tornado Wall can help defend aganist attacks as well.

As for Forcefields, Ethan could just create attacks that are within the barrier, such as Air Clones, which would trap Max in general, so Forcefields are a risky option

Overall I WOULD vote inconclusive. BUT Ethan has the AP (Attack Potency) advantage as well as even further Statistics Amplification to boost that attack advantage, on top of that, I argue that he has a more versatile skill set to deal with situations Max can throw at him (such as Subterra Strike, Shockwind Burst, Freeze Spikes, Ultimate Burning, and Lightning Leap) and create situations that help him take control of flow of the fight (Thunder Orb, Cold Bombs, Tornado Wall, Freeze Spikes) so he'll take my vote. Otherwise they seem quite evenly matched.

Any response bruv? Basically my argument is that Ethan has more versatility here, even in long ranged combat

This seems... hmm. If this is just Base Form MacKenzie as the Low 6-B variant seems to be, he seems to lack a lot of his better abilities and such. Mind and Soul control is a bit of a help probably, but even if there was solid evidence that his is super impressive Ethan probably resists it. Other than that, Ethan can generally do everything MacKenzie in his Base form can and more/better. More endurance showings, more strategy showings, generally more well-rounded and fine-tuned elemental powers, a slight AP/Durability advantage on top of that...

The one main advantage MacKenzie has is his admittedly impressive Range advantage- which A: is keyed to a single (disarmable) mode of attack, and B: is kinda nipped in the heel by the choice of battlefield giving MacKenzie relatively few ways of playing keep-away, once it's apparent that Super Signal is a hard counter to any kind of danmaku/ranged-style combat in general such as the sort that MacKenzie favors.

It's not like Mackenzie has no win conditions, or can't use Rage Mode to match Ethan's Stat Amp, it's just... ehh. Ethan just has more edges overall, it seems.

Back