• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Damus vs Ethan, redone

This completely failed last time due to Damus's OPness. And he's still pretty OP here too, its just that Ethan may have a small chance. Right now I still don't think he stands much of a chance, but I will argue in his favor regardless. The longer this goes, the more I think he could possibly stand a chance

7-B Forms

Speed =

Ethan's Lightning Based Speed Amps are restricted

Ethan's Healing/Restoration Items are restricted

Notes (About Damus, many aren't on the profile rn)

• Damus is apparently overconfident and wants a fair fight, as soon as he gets serious, he can Time Stop EE/TK Ethan into annihilation right away.
  • Damus has Island Level Durability (8.8 Gigas) and resistance to all of Ethan's elements. Psycho Smasher creates a barrier that reflects basically everything. Invulnerability, Immortality, and insurmountable Regenerationn
  • Damus HF Blade won't work, due to Ethan taking hits from such before. His Killing Intent / Death Manip is intimidation. His various Genshi Powers are resisted, such as Empathy/Willpower/Mind/Soul Manipulation
  • Damus is extraordinarily vulnerable to even a Dog Whistle to the point where he reels in pain
  • Trickster Defense is basically just creation of 4 Clones, while Ethan can make at least 10 of various elements
Win by KO or Death

Damus Adapi (25 Megatons, Reactive Power Level):

Ethan Xavier (OmniRealm Warriors) (90+ Megatons): 2 (Markie, Smashie, Komo)

Okay, so Ethan's only win condition is to get his Sleep Hax in by touching with a lightning clone or himself to shut down Damus's nervous system. Since KO is a win condition he is at least able to win if he somehow gets the chance.

Damus has a massive advantage in pretty much everyway, but since his character prefers a fair fight, he won't easily win. Ethan won't notice this and go for the win quickly initially, but when he realizes that Damus's power level rises, he would.

Damus's frickin Island Level Durability is... Well... Rip. But once both notice how Ethan can't do jack, this could probably trigger Damus's overconfidence more and make him prolong the time when he isn't serious, while Ethan would start trying to find ways that could possibly work against him. His Information Lens can tell him what he needs to know about Damus on a biological level, and since Damus is part werewolf, heck, he has ears too, Ethan would realize that Sound attacks are the way to go, but they won't take Damus down, but it will stun him enough to get that Sleep Hax in

This is especially doable with his clones of Wind and Lightning, which can do Sound and Sleep respectively. Damus would probably have a harder time fighting off 10 if not even more Ethan's, even with Trickster Defense.

Additionally, Ethan can take cover underground in case Damus gets serious while using these sounds, Makin it hard to pinpoint him. As for Psycho Smasher, it's a barrier, so a Air clone can form inside said barrier to his Damus with an especially high pitch frequency sound wave to send him for a loop

Gonna argue that Ethan has got this for now with my current information. Since I don't know too much about Damus though... That's why I doubted this wouldn't be a stomp at all in the first place. As soon as he gets serious, it's over, but the durability should help in Ethan's favor

After reading all of this, Ethan has more of a chance of winning here. Also, Prologue Arc Damus only really had Mind and Willpower Manipulation for Genshi Powers Anyways, plus resistances. As long as he doesn't make him go serious, he has a lot of Advantages over Damus.

Also, how can clones phase through psychic energy?

Well. I'm assuming that it's a bubble shield right? If that's the case. A clone can most likely spawn inside the shield in the first place to attack. Plus, due to recklessness, Damus would most likely pull it down while he's on the attack

Smashtwig said:
Well. I'm assuming that it's a bubble shield right? If that's the case. A clone can most likely spawn inside the shield in the first place to attack. Plus, due to recklessness, Damus would most likely pull it down while he's on the attack
True, plus he can't attack and defend himself with the shield at the same time. Also, Telekinesis is one of his most used abilities. He just rarely crushes anyone with it.

Oh.... I see

Ethan still has a way around that actually. Lightning Leap is a Teleport move, so he'll slip out of TK's grip real fast and probably right behind Damus to get the sleep

Teleportation is very effective against Damus, but not something he isn't familiar with. Heck, he can sense Lightning and Dodge it in a nanosecond. If if this is Speed Equalized, most of 2099: Zenith has several MHS to Relativistic Reaction feats

This is indeed speed equal with Ethan's lightning buffs restricted, so no speed blitzing, still gonna be effective at getting out of there and manuvering himself to a better position.

Plus, his lightning clones can do it too. His Wind Sound stuff would likely be able to stun Damus enough to get the sleep.

Even if he did pull of the TK, he needs to TK the right one, since... It's a 1/10 chance

Didn't you say he won't use that until he gets serious?

Ethan has fought Time Manip and kept up pretty well

If it's time slow, well, Ethan's lightning amps are restricted, but not his others, it should be able to counteract well. If not, teleporting. Ethan has dealt with faster ones before, and his Sound stuff is likely to stun Damus anyways before the Teleport into Sleep

Depending on how Damus approaches battle without his hax can make a difference, you said it was speed and defensive right? Close or long range?

Smashtwig said:
Didn't you say he won't use that until he gets serious?

If it's time slow, well, Ethan's lightning amps are restricted, but not his others, it should be able to counteract well. If not, teleporting.
Well, he can slow down time to the point of almost stopping it completely. Also, Regular time stop lasts a minute at max. Plus, if he realizes that Ethan can use sound manipulation, wouldn't he be able to react fast enough to stop time long enough to get away from it and think of a plan?

Smashtwig said:
Depending on how Damus approaches battle without his hax can make a difference, you said it was speed and defensive right? Close or long range?
Yes, Damus' fighting styles involves Close Range Combat, Speed, and Defense. But he isn't limited to that.

While that is true...

Okay if that's the case then there goes the whole argument. Since the whole reason Ethan stands a chance in the first place is if Damus doesn't take it seriously (otherwise, stomp). As you said, Time Stop / Mega Slow is a last resort deal and it's out of character to use it?

Smashtwig said:
While that is true...

Okay if that's the case then there goes the whole argument. Since the whole reason Ethan stands a chance in the first place is if Damus doesn't take it seriously (otherwise, stomp). As you said, Time Stop / Mega Slow is a last resort deal and it's out of character to use it?
Pretty Much, Yeah. Damus literally said that it's a Hax ability.

Okay, well, if it DOES get to that point where Ethan gets him serious enough to make a time stop happening, then it's basically a wrap. The idea is that Ethan has to take him out before he gets serious

Remember, Information Lens would tell him of the likelyhood of such a weakness (due to it analyzing that there are literally ears sticking out of his head). So Ethan will use that information wisely not by just spamming it, because that wouldn't really damage him, just stun, so it won't do any good to just spam or that will increase the likelyhood that Damus would so something about it.

Most likely, Ethan / Clones would use it once he's pretty close to Damus, like, super close, the use it to stun for more than enough time to get the sleep. At the moment, Damus would just think that Ethan is weak sauce with weak sauce attacks before it's too late. Plus, he can burrow in the ground to conceal the fact that he can do it and emit the sound there, so Damus could possibly think that it came from another source that isn't him at all

Hmmm, I feel like Ethan has a lot of comeback potential. It's really close, but after looking at all of the information, I'd baaaaaaaaaaaarely give it to Ethan for the reasons above.

Smashtwig said:
Okay, well, if it DOES get to that point where Ethan gets him serious enough to make a time stop happening, then it's basically a wrap. The idea is that Ethan has to take him out before he gets serious

Remember, Information Lens would tell him of the likelyhood of such a weakness (due to it analyzing that there are literally ears sticking out of his head). So Ethan will use that information wisely not by just spamming it, because that wouldn't really damage him, just stun, so it won't do any good to just spam or that will increase the likelyhood that Damus would so something about it.

Most likely, Ethan / Clones would use it once he's pretty close to Damus, like, super close, the use it to stun for more than enough time to get the sleep. At the moment, Damus would just think that Ethan is weak sauce with weak sauce attacks before it's too late. Plus, he can burrow in the ground to conceal the fact that he can do it and emit the sound there, so Damus could possibly think that it came from another source that isn't him at all
Damus might keep his guard up around Ethan's Clones, but Ethan's Sound Manipulation Techniques would leave him wide open for an attack, pretty much making Ethan the Winner.

I'm sure no one's gonna actually comment here further so I'll just add this for both characters

Smashtwig said:
I'm sure no one's gonna actually comment here further so I'll just add this for both characters
Yeah. If this battle was bloodlusted, Damus would have curbstomped tho.

Back