• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

M & M: Captain Marvel vs. The Merciless

Status
Not open for further replies.
The merciless dark nights metal by gasa979-dbpuh42
Captain marvel by alexiscabo1-d9zf34x

Speed Equalized. Modern Marvel. SBA otherwise.

Wannabe Flagship Character:

Darker & Edgier Batman Clone #504:

Nuts to this match:

Does Merciless' Energy Absorption counter Marvel's Photonic Blasts? (Actually, the God Killer would just reflect the blasts anyway with twice the damage.)

And I'm not entirely familar with the Merciless, so what's his starting move?

Generally, he'll engage in physical combat first, though he's not loathed to firing of an energy blast from God Killer.

Thanks.

If it does turn into a slug-fest between their fists, the difference between them in AP is around 1.6x, so the fight will likely drag on until one of the two tries something else to break the stalemate. As said earlier, the God Killer can just reflect Marvel's Photonic blasts, so Marvel might have an issue.

The God Killer's energy blast (correct me if I'm wrong) likely falls under Electricity Manipulation, which Marvel resists. Also, what stops Merciless from manipulating Marvel into worshiping him?

She's resistant to Mind Manip/Mind control and I don't believe his is good enough to overcome that.

How potent is Marvel's Gravity Manipulation?

Also, seeing how their powers counter or resist each others and basically return the fight back to a hand-to-hand brawl (and with Marvel's Seventh Sense being an unreliable factor (again, correct me if i'm wrong)), then I think this might be inconclusive. Not voting as of yet (as I need to know how potent the Gravity Manipulation is, and Merciless' intelligence is also a factor).

All Dark Multiverse denizens are not affected by any physical or energy attacks from beings of comparable powers. Carol's attacks are gonna do diddly squat against Merciless.

The Merciless also massively outskills Carol (Which was one of 2 reasons why Shazam beat her). This version of Bruce not only has his ridiculous training but he also fought Ares and his forces for many years before he put on the helmet.

Her precognition wasn't mentioned in Shazam vs Marvel either so I'm assuming it's completely worthless in a fight against someone who's far more skilled and experience than you.

@LordUrien935 Yeah, that and Attack Reflection definetly stuffs over Marvel.

With that in mind, I'll vote Merciless via Attack Reflection, skill and experience/training.

Her precog is relevant, Shazam vs. Captain Marvel was in the era of "Let's straight up spite Captain Marvel by not mentioning a single one of her P&A or feats." Hand to Hand Combat is literally in her DNA

"All Dark Multiverse denizens aren't affected by physical and energy attacks of comparable beings." Oh so this match is bullshit since Captain Marvel, a character famously with only Energy and Physical attacks, can't affect him, you just described me throwing Black Canary against Klaw or something. I want a confirmation if this is a legit statement by you or a hyperbole

And why can't Captain Marvel just absorb her own reflected attacks, btw? Are they suddenly not energy anymore?

Unaffected by physical attacks and energy attacks, however this match was made before the Dark Multiverse resistances was added so this match might be outdated. If Carol absorbs the reflected energy then Merciless will opt for H2H and what can she do about it? She can't hurt him unless she has divine metal. He can also summon an army of dead Amazons and overwhelm Carol like he did with Wonder Woman.

Hand to Hand combat being in her DNA is nice, but she's still outskilled by The Merciless. I'll ask again, since no one has answered yet: How does her precog work?

I wouldn't argue Carol is better in combat, but the idea that she has next to no combat training is nonsense, she was programmed with the skills of Kree elites, a race whose entire purpose is, go to a planet, and **** shit up. Her combat training is effective enough to hold her ground reliably and gain distance.

It warns her of incoming threats so she's less susceptible to sneak attacks and projectiles, not Spider-Man level, but enough so she can counter reliably in the "Several Meters" range, it is yet to show anything against Danmaku and Teleport Spam.

If the threat is destructive enough however, she can get a precognitive flash some minutes before it occurs (like 20-40ish)

Anyways sad shit, it's a stomp. I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back