• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lupin III Discussion Thread (2)

I'll really like to see people making TF2 dubs of Lupin III with following characters:
  • Spy - Lupin
  • Sniper - Jigen
  • Demoman - Goemon (sword-wielders)
  • Femscout - Fujiko (Spy always had something to do about Scout's mother)
  • Soldier - Zenigata
I had the same idea for Jigen as Nick Mundee, In fact recently I recall there was a video with the same dialogue with Sniper as Jigen "When somebody wants somebody dead" lines and all, brilliant, but I can't find it currently but at least it shows interests. I could give it a shot Though sadly for now my brain is a bit of a nerf and do lack SFM experience (And its apparently a very complicated process) I could draw something myself but like I said I have been going through inconsistency lately so I found the best images I could find.

Anyways it does make me wonder while the TF2 verse as far as I know can only reach 9-B to 9-A, Imagine in a universe where Valve actually managed to put TF2 on Adult Swim (YES LADS, this was actually almost considered, the first episode was apparently "Expiration Date" But it was ultimately cancelled. But hey at least they made it on a Robot Chicken Sketch! and I think recently on the news and apparently a new update is coming but I don't know if it will be something hugely beneficial) And shown far more versatile feats in lore/comics to comparable tiers in Lupin lll I wonder how they would have fought each other, a fun and games probably given I doubt Tf2 would even ever reach 8-C let alone ******* 8-B sadly. though magical hax TF2 may have may be too much for Lupin? Interesting to think about.

I have done other fun and games actually, Its a shameless plug in but it will make sense as when I have the time to let out smoke of the day its one regarding this character the most recently (Don't know if any of you recognize him. DON'T LET THE GOOFY DESCRIPTIONS FOOL YOU, Red guy is actually pretty ******* haxed and stronk), given the many absurd situations/requests it's actually highly likely the guy could theoretically crossover with nearly anything (Yes this is him in a DC cameo!), he can actually fit right in TF2 or yes even Lupin lll as he is indeed a hero of temporal locations, No matter the foreign times or places and dimension. I'm just waiting for the abilities of the red guy to be accepted and later bump the calcs for Stefano if he ain't too busy that is, so I could know the value to actually seriously pit Red Guy with Lupin or if he's lowered or too high tier just put it on F&G, if he's too busy I'll try to find somebody else then.

Last edited:
Also doesn't lightning already ooze 8-C+ energy status alone? that could help out the verse actually get some Building+ tier. And accordingly according to Lupin's file he seemingly survived Kikyo's bomb which destroyed two entire levels of a skyscraper in "Dragon of Doom"? Or by seemingly he survived in the lessen way of Zenigata survived a carpet bombing?

Also something else to later look into if we look back Lupin is actually much faster foot wise, According to the red jacket threads alone:

Puts a mask on everyone in a theater. He also does this with several people while fleeing the police.

Falls over paralyzed from a drug in his champagne, but recovers and appears in Fujiko's mirror in disguise as his duplicate was an afterimage creation I believe?

Disappears from in front of a man in the time it takes him to move a book from his face.

Outruns a killer roller coaster, which later is seen to be this long.

Runs at incredibly high speeds when bitten by the ninja dog, Kotarou.

Lupin is fast enough to swiftly out maneuver a point blank grenade explosion... while redressing. (Grenade explosions can go THIS FAST and keep in mind again he did this while redressing alone.)

He was not seen anywhere but somehow quickly saved Fujicakes from an explosion.

Outruns an explosion... in two seconds.

There is more to mention in reactions though that's for later to look into also. I'm a bit busy for now, I'll come back to name this.

Last edited:
Also doesn't lightning already ooze 8-C+ energy status alone?
No, average lightning bolts are usually able to generate 1,000,000,000 Joules or 0.239 Tons of TNT, which is near Building level.

And accordingly according to Lupin's file he seemingly survived Kikyo's bomb which destroyed two entire levels of a skyscraper in "Dragon of Doom"? Or by seemingly he survived in the lessen way of Zenigata survived a carpet bombing?
Well the matter of fact is that we don't directly see him withstand the explosion, and even that Lupin and gang was a few meters away from the bomb which means he would have took a portion of the blast, due of this i don't think it can fully scale to him and at most it can only be used as a support feat.

Thats feat come from the crossover with Detective Conan, that shouldn't be considered canon.
That looks like more he had a fake Lupin to trick Fujiko, while the true Lupin was "inside" the fake mirror.

The rest looks solid, although none of them see to suggest speeds above Supersonic+.

The explosion outspeed feats may be potentially Hypersonic, but you would need to calc the feats to be sure.

Last edited:
The rest looks solid, although none of them see to guess speeds above Supersonic+.

The explosion outspeed feats may be potentially Hypersonic, but you would need to calc the feats to be sure.
Alrighty just making sure, I found it odd as to why the dragon of doom one was there then.

Bump. So Fireld a guy knowledgeable on Lupin is back albeit busy I thought it was worth a mention lads. Also I have a question, It may sound stupid initially but given the many circumstances and adventures Lupin has had throughout his career it may be useful to mention: Has anyone recalled Supernatural Luck cataloged in the series? Even if its a limited form, he could seem like the kind of thief to have good fortune follow him either by himself or some supernatural jewelry? For starters he somehow guessed a pass word correctly.

I mean at one point Lupin even had a ******* Black Hole somewhere. Might not have kept it but man in Optional Equipment that will still undoubtsbly Dura Neg THE **** OUT OF OPPONENTS WHO CAN'T RESIST. XD

Last edited:
Bump. So Fireld a guy knowledgeable on Lupin is back albeit busy I thought it was worth a mention lads. Also I have a question, It may sound stupid initially but given the many circumstances and adventures Lupin has had throughout his career it may be useful to mention: Has anyone recalled Supernatural Luck cataloged in the series? Even if its a limited form, he could seem like the kind of thief to have good fortune follow him either by himself or some supernatural jewelry?
Potentially, but it would be better to find any solid evidence where Lupin does the impossible by mere chance, and not simply because plot.

Something like Zoro not getting slice by the Yubashiri via dumb luck.
I mean at one point Lupin even had a ******* Black Hole somewhere. Might not have kept it but man in Optional Equipment that will still undoubtsbly Dura Neg THE **** OUT OF OPPONENTS WHO CAN'T RESIST. XD
Lupin actually give the orb that create black holes to the girl at the end of the movie, he didn't keep it.

I think lupin has lupin has a bit of luck on his side (not supernatural level). On top of my mind examples I remember an episode in part 2, where lupin gets poisoned with little time to live. The medicine was in a safe Goemon couldnt cut and he couldnt do anything to it. Only a few minutes before his time is up he accidently says the password. In Nostradamus there was a security system where they would need to use a fake eye. Lupin just so happens to find one a day or so ago in a dead old prisoner

Wasnt that sword said to be cursed and bring from misfoutune to death itself to its users? Didnt Oda say Luffy and Zoro were really lucky?(Or was it just Luffy)

With a bit of prep, shouldnt Lupin be able to pull off Pycols tricks, anti-projectile and fire skin, hidden flamethrowers?
Possibly minor toon force
lupin-gif-9.gif
t3COKzi.gif

Lupin shows some magic tricks in this ova. He can materialize small objects, does some wierd teleportation, got incinirated by Pycol yet he appeared behind him,turned knives thrown at him into roses and poofs them ... There were 3 stage performer who magically change their outfits, Lupin took their clothes, wrote his name all over their bodies and appear far away the next scene we see him without anyone noticing him,not the performers nor the the crowd watching them(pretty sure Im not allowed to link that kind of stuff,let alone download gif of it). Lupin had 2 minor 4th wall breaks: cheering at the audience while he was in diguise and turning back looking at us here. Has a sticky trap. Would these count as optional equipment? Also Goemon intercepted a bullet despite bening nowhere to be seen previously and cuts diamonds (thus ruining josukes reputation). Fujiko knows the disappearance trick and Jigen has pretty good hearing

Last edited:
I think lupin has lupin has a bit of luck on his side (not supernatural level). On top of my mind examples I remember an episode in part 2, where lupin gets poisoned with little time to live. The medicine was in a safe Goemon couldnt cut and he couldnt do anything to it. Only a few minutes before his time is up he accidently says the password. In Nostradamus there was a security system where they would need to use a fake eye. Lupin just so happens to find one a day or so ago in a dead old prisoner
Not sure if that's enough to give Supernatural Luck.
Wasnt that sword said to be cursed and bring from misfoutune to death itself to its users? Didnt Oda say Luffy and Zoro were really lucky?(Or was it just Luffy)
The guy who owned the sword (Ipponmatsu) say that the sword was cursed and that anyone who used it died.
With a bit of prep, shouldnt Lupin be able to pull off Pycols tricks, anti-projectile and fire skin, hidden flamethrowers?
Probably.
Possibly minor toon force
lupin-gif-9.gif
t3COKzi.gif
Lupin had already Toon Force in his profile.

I said that too. Some lower degree of that ability maybe

OK

OK

We can use these as more evidence then, no?

I said that too. Some lower degree of that ability maybe
But at that point will not just count as simply be lucky than anything else?

Just like with Supernatural Willpower, a lower degree of that will simply be strong-willed.

I think managed to fixed them. If the main image isnt working, click and the small thumbnail.

A brainwashed Jigen shot Lupin with killing intend. At the end it was revealed Lupin had a crystal where Jigen shot him, saving him from the bullet (even Lupin himself said thats was luck)

Any opinion on this video?

Last edited:
Any opinion on this video?
I really have an issue of scaling Kaito Kid to Yaiba just because they had a crossover once, this is like saying that Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball exist in the same universe.

Kaito Kid did start as a Detective Conan character and it still technically one, but Yaiba always existed in his own separated series.

Also while i understand the reason behind i don't agree with Lupin not scaling to Goemon, Goemon had fought characters capable to match the Zantetsuken.

A prime example would be Hawk, who is strong enough to block Goemon's slashes, and Goemon was able to survive his physical strikes.

Meaning his durability would scale to his own feats with the Zantetsuken, which also would scale to Lupin's AP as he was able to harm Goemon.

Also i notice that the feats of Lupin the video used were outdated, as Marcel's feat is around 0.749 Tons rather than 0.999 Tons.

Other that they forgot to mention the laser dodging/reaction feats, which would make Lupin much faster.

Also i don't like they used the crossovers between Lupin III and Detective Conan to justify Kaito Kid's superior intelligence.

Last edited:
Dont know much about the crossover case he has,if you says so, ok

Scaling to Goemon directly actally makes Lupin scale to Goemon sword feats. They are relative to how much strength Goemon puts into the sword too.

Nice

Defenetly Speedblitz (Maybe they thought it was an oultlier(i dont think so myself). Probably restricted that feat like they in DD vs Jaco where they didnt count the Duck Dodgers black hole feat,to make them look even)

Their intelligence/skill scaling was really wierd

I dont like how they used the 2nd episode of part 1 to say he has problems dealing with magicians even with help from Jigen. They mention Return of the Magician, but dont mention how lupin was trolling a much more powerful Pycol

Never fully read the Manga, i really don't know what Lupin Manga is capable off compare to his Anime counterpart.
Well according to the wiki he has earlier descriptions of a backstabbing like a Spy, bombs his opponents like a Demoman, and even occasionally lynches them. But yeah he is more ruthless alright. But even so there should be more to him then this and according to somebody I talked to he can also speak to insects... Somehow, not to mention this is Pre-Crisis Lupin lll as there are later iterations. And I think at one point Monkey Punch approved one of these... Canon perhaps?

I do own a seventh volume (Tokyopop's English localization) of the manga, since it was the only one left on a web store back there in Finland.

For other volumes, I ain't sure about those websites hence rules on not sharing links, but from what I read on various pages in Internet, characters occasionally break the fourth wall in them.

Last edited:
Well according to the wiki he has earlier descriptions of a backstabbing like a Spy, bombs his opponents like a Demoman, and even occasionally lynches them. But yeah he is more ruthless alright. But even so there should be more to him then this and according to somebody I talked to he can also speak to insects... Somehow, not to mention this is Pre-Crisis Lupin lll as there are later iterations. And I think at one point Monkey Punch approved one of these... Canon perhaps?
Achtung! The Spy is a Double Agent and Demonan is a Spy!
I never thought I would see those words in the same sentence.
I heard somewhere Zenigata has his own spin-off manga, is it legit?

Back