• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luke Skywalker VS Count Dooku (Sabers only)

Rules for this particular fight:

Dooku (ROTS) VS Luke (6ABY)

Standard equipment for both.

Regular mindsets apply.

Random encounter. No knowledge of eachother.

Victory by death.

Combatants begin fifteen meters apart.

Duel takes place on Dantooine.

EU/Legends Luke and Dooku.

No force usage in this scenario...

Hmmm, interesting Delta. I will admit that it would have been more interesting if this scenario was set up to be an all out fight, but very well. Dooku is faster, more skillful, uses a unique weapon hilt that Luke isn't familiar with, and is more experienced. Luke is stronger and uses strength-based fighting styles which tend to counter the Makashi style. I'm leaning towards Dooku for his dueling prowess, although Luke's Djem So could give him a slight advantage. Dooku 6/10...

Edit: I will say that Manaan is a strange place for a duel haha.

Yeah, Manaan would be a strange place for a duel haha. I might alter the OP, but for now it will take place on the ocean world. I never liked the Selkath anyway lol. I might also alter the rules for the battle, but I felt that a pure saber duel would be an easy scenario for my first thread.

I would agree with Dooku taking a slight majority over Luke as well. 6-6.5/10...

Watching the video about Anakain vs Luke, Antoine made a suggestion that Darth Vader may have been holding back against Luke. I believe Luke made a statement about Darth Vader's mind being "conflicted" during his duel with Luke, which would lessen Darth Vader's abilities.

If this fact is true, this battle becomes much closer than before. Luke's sword style, if looked at it closely, seems to lean on the more defensive side compared to Anakin's. Luke's Djem So could break through Dooku's defenses; however, I'm not sure if Luke is as strong, agile, and quick as his father is when it comes to lightsaber combat. Dooku has immense amounts of experience as a lightsaber duelist, which means he probably won't be surprised at anything that Luke throws at him. His almost fencing-like style only compounds to his defenses against Luke's assault.

If Luke starts going to agressive on his attacks, he could also be taking a quick stab to any of his limbs; this fight is done if that happens. In this case, I would go 6/10 for Dooku.

Vader was not holding back during his duel with Luke onboard the second Death Star. The novel explicitly states that Luke was an equal match for his father. However, one could bring up the notion that Luke was not up to par with Vader in force power at the time, Vader had significantly better force feats than Luke( Luke expressed Obi-Wan level force power around 4ABY based on his showings)

Regardless, Dooku is a slightly more accomplished duelist than Vader was.

The Mysterious Stranger - Delta- said:
Vader was not holding back during his duel with Luke onboard the second Death Star. The novel explicitly states that Luke was an equal match for his father. However, one could bring up the notion that Luke was not up to par with Vader in force power at the time, Vader had significantly better force feats than Luke( Luke expressed Obi-Wan level force power around 4ABY based on his showings)
Regardless, Dooku is a slightly more accomplished duelist than Vader was.
I disagree that Dooku > Vader as a duelist, but I agree everywhere else.

Dooku was more of a duelist than a Force practitioner. Vader seemed not to be particular toward either one.

Dooku has: held his own against Yoda (he lost in every encounter he had with Yoda though even while amped), sparred as an equal with and beaten Mace Windu,beaten Obi-Wan and Anakin consecutively, beaten Tholme and Sora Bulq simultaneously, beaten Quinlan Vos,beaten Grievous several times and beaten Asajj Ventress

Vader has: beaten the Dark Woma
, beaten Celeste Morne, beaten Roan Shryne, fought as an equal with Darth Maul, fought as an equal with Luke , fought as an equal with Obi-Wan (whose skills had increased since Mustafar), effortlessly beaten five or six Jedi, two to three at a time in succession, beaten four out of eight Jedi; one of them killed another; the last three defeated Vader by combining their powers to hurl objects at him (this was shortly after RotS; so Vader was still new to his armor and substantially grew in power and skill later on), beaten countless other individual no-name Jedi and Dark Jedi (Bol Chatak, Sha Koon, Sardoth, Hylon)

The opponents Dooku has fought have their own respective feats to credit their skills, while quite a few of the opponents Vader has dueled are virtually featless, which is largely why I consider Dooku a slightly better swordsman.Vader's Djem So could possibly even that out.

That said, Vader is more powerful and versatile than Dooku, but Dooku has impressed me more as a duelist.

Back