• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
While the reasoning will stay the same, the rating would change.

Instead of Low, I propose High-Low for his regen. He can heal stab wounds in hours by eating meat (although, after Lucci stabbed him he didn't eat anything until he was on the Rocketman and even then he wasn't bleeding when he freed himself from the buildings).

Against Crocodile you can see his belly was pierced yet he healed a few hours later (so this is a supportive feat).

Against Lucci he says that he healed the wound by eating meat.

I've asked before and healing stab wounds in the organ is Low-Mid, but High-Low is more consistent as Luffy didn't heal the stomach fully (he might have healed the back side of it, but eh).

Mid-Low: The ability to heal wounds that would normally leave large scars, such as severe burns or deep injuries. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating damage that would normally leave large dents and openings.

High-Low: The ability to regenerate severed fingers, toes, or ears, minor organ damage, and even potentially reattach lost limbs. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating some interior damage, along with some minor critically damaged or destroyed parts.

Luffy seems like he fits Mid-Low. I don't think he can heal lost fingers and such but he did heal the wound from Crocodile but it still left him scared. If he had High-Low, his scars would have healed right?.

For some reason, he never conserves a scar outside of his eye and his chest. Probably because if Oda were to do that, Luffy would take too much time to draw.

Mid-Low seems fine to me, yes. I was told that stab wounds going across your body are High-Low and Low-Mid if an organ was affected.

To answer the other part, no, Luffy can't do that. But I consider the regen ratings as valid if a character shows he can, for example, reattach his arm but can't heal minor wounds. In that case, the regen would only apply to what it has feats, and never to the lower layers unless he has shown that.

@Calaca

Yeah, if an organ was hit and major damage was done then High-Low is fine.

I think that Mid-Low is fine going by those descriptions.

Luffy required medical attention to survive his injuries from Marineford. I wouldn't put his regen as High-Low for that.

Luffy healed missing teeth by drinking milk, Whole Cake Island arc; that could support High-Low could it not, @Calaca?

But regardless, all of this regen seems contingent solely upon the ingestion of food/healthy sustenance, so it should absolutely be mentioned explicitly if any alterations to the Monkey D Luffy profile are made

The Calaca said:
Check the current description.
(Low, capable of recovering from life-threatening injuries in mere hours while supplementing his body with meat [stab wounds completely piercing his torso], can otherwise recover from said injuries within a couple of days)

I think regrowing teeth is Mid-Low only, actually.

I also think that this seems fine.

Should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back