• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unite My Rice said:
>views title

>scrolls down all the way to the bottom
Luffy does though. Well the people he stomps do.

@Weekly, pretty sure blades ignore durability. Cutting weapons have their ap concentrated on an edge or point, which lets them hurt more against unarmored opponents. It's why you can take punches comparable to low caliber bullets without dying, while being gruesomely injured by the latter.

We kind of should. Not ignoring durability per say, but ofc due to force being greater concentrated with smaller mass like on a blade edge, Swords and bladed objects are a lot more deadly than mere fists when in the same tiers, and we cant exactly say sword stabs are equal to normal AP hits.

Problem is, how would we incorporate it

It would require require a huge revision to how we rate profiles and a wiki-wide overhaul for what is ultimately a small change, it wont be happening any time soon

Kepekley23 said:
Sharp weapons do not exactly ignore durability, but they deal far more condensed damage.
Well I didn't exactly mean it like that. I just meant they could do more damage even against opponents with dura superior to their power. I think it'd only work against unarmored though.

We'd essentially need to have have a differentiation in every profile that uses bladed weapons to separate their general ap from what they could damage with a blade

Not really. I believe the blade strikes and Ap attacks would still be in the same tiers for the most part, talking normal regular swords that dont buff AP.

Perhaps adding to the durability section on the profiles whether they are more vulnerable to blunt attacks, cause sometimes thats not the case either with characters, and even the material of the character or showings that they have taken swords to the face can say how they would handle blunt fore objects like bullets and swords. While the latter can be assumed as unknown or more vulnerable. And then we can merely refer to that in vs threads and see if theres an advantage to heavily bladed combatants. No need for new tiers

Kepekley23 said:
Hardly a huge revision. We already treat it like that.
We don't, though.

Ichigo doesn't have a different SS with or without a sword for example.

Also our system is based on energy, which isn't the reason why bladed weapons are dangerous irl

I mean, if we're going to turn this into a discussion, we should move this to a thread in another Board.

Well, this would be for non-AP powered weapons, unlike Ichigo's weapons. If the weapon changes the tier completely, then it doesnt really need to be counted for other than its a bladed weapon and therefore more dangerous than mere punches. #

Im talking like, regular swords used by combatants, with non magical properties.

Guys, it's not cutting damage that we should even worry about. Think about Busoshoku Haki for example. Someone increases the density of their fist from flesh and bone to tempered steel. Throwing it with the same speed/force is going to apply far higher blunt damage.

Besides, we do have profiles that have characters wielding weapons, which affects their AP. It's not a needed revision since a lot of these characters in fiction can tank sword-strikes from people equal to them in power. Seems redundant if you ask me.

Also @Weekly - My calculation is not accepted for the Large Building+ feat, so they are staying around base-line. But if you want to discuss the Buggy Ball (Luffy tanked the actual canon ball [which is probably 8-B+ to 8-A as it destroyed nearly a dozen houses before exploding], and Buggy tanked the explosion either 1 or 2 times), i'm open. For now though, that doesn't apply here and both are near base-line High 8-C.

@Cin What happened to Luffy casually stomping people who have casual High 8-C feats just by stepping on the ground?

And yeah, get the Buggy Ball calced, not that theyre Low 7-B it shouldbt be considered an outlier if its 8-A

@Weekly - that feat does not currently apply as the calculation was denied, but it would have resulted in High 8-C+ results for Buchi (around 6 Tons of Tnt) and Zoro over-powered Buchi one-handed quite casually,

Luffy currently scales to base-line for destroying Arlong Park with a stomp.

This was considered an outlier because it was higher than Desert Spada, but now Desert Spada is Low 7-B so it shouldnt be an outlier

CinCameron20 said:
@Weekly - that feat does not currently apply as the calculation was denied, but it would have resulted in High 8-C+ results for Buchi (around 6 Tons of Tnt) and Zoro over-powered Buchi one-handed quite casually,

Luffy currently scales to base-line for destroying Arlong Park with a stomp.
Why was it denied?

Desert Spada is still 8-A (But the serious one would be Low 7-C via scaling), but it doesn't matter since Crocodile has several Low 7-C to Low 7-B feats anyways.

Then Bring up the Low 7-C feat for Buggy and Luffy as we dont have a reason for it to be considered an outlier anymore

The explosion doesn't seem to be capable of hitting Low 7-C anyways. I just checked, it'd be considerably lower than 1 Kiloton of Tnt, but i'm not sure by how much. I don't know the formula for smaller sized explosions than any nuke.

I can go ahead and calculate the buildings being punched through by the Buggy ball. Basically left a pile of rubble after pushing through anywhere between 7 and 10 buildings, each larger than the pub they are right next to.

CinCameron20 said:
The explosion doesn't seem to be capable of hitting Low 7-C anyways. I just checked, it'd be considerably lower than 1 Kiloton of Tnt, but i'm not sure by how much. I don't know the formula for smaller sized explosions than any nuke.

I can go ahead and calculate the buildings being punched through by the Buggy ball. Basically left a pile of rubble after pushing through anywhere between 7 and 10 buildings, each larger than the pub they are right next to.
Used the scaling ya did and got 6.358 ton of tnt for the blast or high 8-C plus with the=y^(1/3)*(0.28) formula for blast .

GP period should have ended for both Luffy fights regardless. Someone request them to be added

@J-man - pretty sure i've never seen that formula before. what's y for?

Oh, I see... I use that formula, But (((65.3536919999/0.28)^3)/1000)/2 = 6357.7916468. But I assume I'd have to do x as the radius in kilometers (Which is why I needed another formula... this doesn't work for <1km).

I used the second link , and for a 65m Air Blast radius (20psi), I got 26.5 Tons of Tnt. 8-B

We finally got Weekly to stop this from turning into a stomp thread despite him initially saying Ruby wins easily? Or are we still going on about this?

Naw, Weekly told me to bring up my Buggy Calc, but it turns out to still be High 8-C for the explosion. Not a stomp.

Luffy's fights with Ruby and Yang are still valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back