• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me make myself more clear. I'm not agreeing to Luffy being or having resistant to blunt attacks. I'm just pointing some things out. And I don't recall Zoro and Luffy punching each other in that fight. I just watched it again and I didn't see it anywhere. Unless you mean while Nami was holding them back but that was meant for comedic purposes.

Going with Garou for adaptation, redirection, and almost precognition (well not really but you get the point). Observation Haki is only useful if you're the one being overwhelmed or that you can dodge anything. Garou isn't going to go for that if he keeps getting tagged.

Luffy can fight and win againts experts assasins with their own martial art and even copy it ,Garou is not too different from Rob Lucci from my point of view,so Luffy for reasons above

Kazuma kuwabara said:
Luffy can fight and win againts experts assasins with their own martial art and even copy it ,Garou is not too different from Rob Lucci from my point of view,so Luffy for reasons above
Rob Lucci cannot adopt someone else's fighting style on the spot or redirect attacks with twice the power.

@Nabard he was inside of a box and survived a direct hit. That is not a proof of blunt force resistance that's simply a proof that his opponent wasn't strong enough plus since he was inside of he box he was simply squished so his rubber property protect him.

In your last scan we clearly see Luffy feeling pain and losing blood from this hit. Sanji says it was a "pinch" and of course a rubber can't feel pain from a pinch as it stretches so you can't really pinch rubber in the first place.

So again Luffy doesn't have blunt force resistance.

1) he was put into a box and the box was squished down into a very small piece and yet he was completely fine, and if you read one piece you would know gecko moriah is strong enough to hurt a pre time skip luffy however his resistance to blunt/physical attacks didn't allow him to in that panel

2) you are misinterpreting the panels, luffy felt pain and blood from the hit because garp the guy who punched him has "haki" And NO sanji does not say it was a "pinch" it's "punch" He states: "what are you talking about?!, it's a punch it wouldn't hurt your rubbe-" and he was cut off before he could say rubber body, thus punches don't hurt luffys rubber body, which was already shown to be the case at the beginning of the series, this isn't a matter of opinion, luffy having resistance to blunt attacks is a fact shown in the manga itself

Image67766
here's stonewall evidence that he has a resistance to blunt attacks, her mace does nothing to him because "rubber body" not "attack isn't strong enough"

It's already on his profile, the resistance to blunt force trauma is the same thing as resistance to blunt attacks

Basically everything Luffy could do to attack would be repulsed or attacked, besides that Luffy would need to activate one of his forms and would eventually wear away, he would have guessed how a martial genius would analyze it, and would use that in his favor

Fairytailsubsonico1 said:
Basically everything Luffy could do to attack would be repulsed or attacked, besides that Luffy would need to activate one of his forms and would eventually wear away, he would have guessed how a martial genius would analyze it, and would use that in his favor
If you mean gear fourth,he doesnt have it in this fight,is punk hazard luffy

Garou defeats punk hazard Luffy due to his redirection ability and much superior skill at martial arts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back