• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luffy vs A rational man with a shotgun

Luffy can just reflect back the bullets with no problem with his own body.

As the other also seems to lack any other way to attack or an useful hax for this, I vote for Luffy.

Bobsican said:
Luffy can just reflect back the bullets with no problem with his own body.

As the other also seems to lack any other way to attack or an useful hax for this, I vote for Luffy.
Eveen if the guy with a shotgun is 5 times stronger?well im mean he scales to a guy that did a feat wich is stronger then luffy soo...

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Luffy's blunt force resistance should still be able to deflect them back at Malcolm.
What about Malcolm colateral damange(his ultimate ability)can luffy deflect that?

Graves has at least 2 attacks that are explosions as opposed to bullets. His smoke screen would also be a problem for luffy. I think Graves takes this thanks to his higher ap? and stamina (Luffy can't use his gears for too long).

Let me check...

I´ll assume we are using the low 7-C version of Luffy without Gears.

The durability, striking strenght and the attack potency of Luffy are comparable to the striking strenght, durability and attack potency of Graves, BUT, Gears has Small Town level+ while Luffy has Small Town Class.

Notice how Luffy lacks the + in most of these in comparation to Graves..

There shouldn´t be big gap there anyways, so I think it can be assumed Luffy can tank those hits without much problem, especially considering he has much more stamina than Graves.

Unlike Graves, Luffy also has relevant haxs.

In short, both Graves and Luffy have a comparable amount of damage output, but Luffy has the hax that allows him to resist basically any attack Graves can do, while also being capable of dealing enought damage to Graves to beat him.

I'm going to expand on the points I made previously. Graves doesn't just shoot bullets he has plenty of explosives that would most definitely hurt Luffy. His AP and Durability is also 5 times higher than Luffy's AP and as he fights his durability goes up thanks to his statistics amplification. It wont take long for him to just shrug off pretty much anything luffy can throw at him. It doesn't really matter if luffy is resistant to bullets because he can just switch to using explosives only and his huge AP and Dura advantage quite easily give him the win.

Just saying Luffy is resistant to bullets isn't a good enough argument.

Webcamparrot said:
I'm going to expand on the points I made previously. Graves doesn't just shoot bullets he has plenty of explosives that would most definitely hurt Luffy. His AP and Durability is also 5 times higher than Luffy's AP and as he fights his durability goes up thanks to his statistics amplification. It wont take long for him to just shrug off pretty much anything luffy can throw at him. It doesn't really matter if luffy is resistant to bullets because he can just switch to using explosives only and his huge AP and Dura advantage quite easily give him the win.
Just saying Luffy is resistant to bullets isn't a good enough argument.
Well, in that case, Graves can eventually deal with Luffy with no problem.

BUT:

How many explosives he usually has access to?

How big is the ratio of them?

I would ask for more speed stuff, but, then again, speed equalization covers that.

It's hard to say exactly how many explosive rounds he carries on him. In the A New Dawn animation when he's fighting Nautilus he's basically just shooting them out semi-auto style one after another. So he seems to be able to just entirely replace his normal payload with explosive rounds. So it could be anywhere up to 50% of the ammunition he's carrying.

Other than that there isn't much evidence because in game there are things like cooldowns that obviously don't exist in lore and you can just use your ability whenever it's off cooldown without cap.

I vote for Malcolm

His durability grows the longer he fight, and he starts 5 times tougher than Luffy. So eventually, He'll outlast Luffy.

Laughing Manson said:
I vote for Malcolm
His durability grows the longer he fight, and he starts 5 times tougher than Luffy. So eventually, He'll outlast Luffy.
That was his old passive he dones't have it anymore and it should be removed from his profile. Also Luffy fra.

That's game mechanics and his passive was moved to a passive effect on his E now which is better anyway so ?

Also the reasons for Luffy have been debunked there is no Luffy fra.

Nothing has been debunked. My argument was never about Luffy having the AP or Durability advantage, it was due to him being practically immune to blunt force attacks and having a good stamina advantage.

Yeah which doesn't even matter since he's practically one shot by any one of grave's explosions anyway. Luffy is baseline while Graves is borderline town level. After fighting for long enough Graves will just have Town level Durability anyway thanks to his statistics amplification. He doesn't even need to use his buckshot to win this fight at all.

Graves is shooting explosive rounds which explode on contact with the target. Considering that Luffy is made of Rubber and has been shown to bounce off canonballs with the exact same properties, he might just bounce them back.

Heilergott said:
Graves is shooting explosive rounds which explode on contact with the target. Considering that Luffy is made of Rubber and has been shown to bounce off canonballs with the exact same properties, he might just bounce them back.
Neither of his explosive attacks require contact to explode. Collateral Damage can directly hit targets but it also explodes in the air after a set amount of time so it would just explode as luffy was trying to bounce it away and End of The Line leaves a trail of gunpowder on the ground that explodes.

Yes, but End of the Line has a good Delay unless it hits a Wall and Collateral Damage is propably a Ace in the Hole, that Graves cannot Spam. I would propably not be enough to OneShot Luffy.

I mean 5 times the AP is just shy of one shoting him. 2-3 hits and he's down. Also speed is equalised which includes End of the Lines travel time and just FYI luffy is capable of missing too so moot point. In any case thanks to Grave's monstrous durability advantage it doesn't even matter if he misses a little but for Luffy making even a small mistake is basically lethal.

Laughing Manson said:
Wait, what's the main reasoning for Luffy?
The only reasoning I'm seeing is that Luffy can possibly bounce back Graves' rounds. But that doesn't really give him a way to win.

I think that once Graves sees that he'll just start shooting around Luffy. Near enough to catch Luffy with the explosive aftermath. He is a crack shot, after all.

Not too mention, he's tougher than Luffy and will only get even tougher. Luffy can't really do much to damage to him. So really, this sounds to me as less of fight and more of how long does it take Graves to put Luffy down.

Voting Graves for now.

Back