• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, do you need to feel joy or satisfaction in killing him to be possessed or not? Because he just beat Xeno Goku and is in the midst of beating Hyper Archie Sonic because the OP of the threads assume the latter. They say this is the case because a random worker involved in a bomb that killed him was possessed and that they probably didn't feel satisfaction from his death. But while this is mentioned on his profile, it is also contradicted by literally every other mention of his possession. So, officailly on this wiki, do you need to feel satisfaction in killing Lucius to be possessed? That is the answer we need and we need the profile to be edited accordingly.

Not really, you just need to feel some semblance of joy / satisfaction that's related to his death.

A random factory worker created a bomb that ended up killing Lucius in another solar system. But because the factory worker enjoyed his job despite his terrible conditions because it meant he could provide for his family, Lucius posessed him.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Not really, you just need to feel some semblance of joy / satisfaction that's related to his death.

A random factory worker created a bomb that ended up killing Lucius in another solar system. But because the factory worker enjoyed his job despite his terrible conditions because it meant he could provide for his family, Lucius posessed him.
So if someone like a Pacifist accidentally killed Lucius and didn't want to and does not like the fact that he died, would it trigger?

There's also him possessing a Necron, which doesn't have emotions.

It's mainly a depending on the writer thing, but in present it's generally more of a suggestion than a hard rule. Me thinking that it's silly doesn't change the fact that that is how it's being portrayed now.

Although at least now the factory thing makes slightly more sense. Before I was unaware of him feeling a positive emotion for a totally unrelated reason and was just like "wtf" when I heard of that feat since it seemed to totally disregard everything. Slaanesh not being very picky is more logical.

So if you kill him if you have no joy of killing him, he would stay dead, or does he have some Masada level immortality that brings him back no matter what?

@Matt

That includes his losses as well.

Kharn is better in terms of pretty much everything physical and auto-cancels Lucius' one win-con against him. Still seems extremely one-sided. My vote for Kharn was more "Kharn ******' murders" than "Kharn wins in a very fair fight".

Link's reasons for winning are that Fi would know not to kill him because she could analyze the ability performed by a Tier 1 entity who doesn't even reside in the same plane of reality as Lucius.

Pretty much every fight that's been made with him is bad, in general. Since it all relies on the single ability that activates when he dies.

Lucius in general is just bad. Lamest of the main 4 mortal chaos champions.

Azathoth, be glad you missed Lucius vs slaanesh.

Ask pachi about it.

If you want more of his great matches, he also made Oryx vs Doom with 20 years of prep time. I don't remember if I bothered to close it yet tbh

Legit did not notice that. Pachi what even

Basically every match with his second key is either "lol ascendant plane passive fuckery" or he gets stomped.

In this case, it was like 30 threads, 20 of which were in one day.

I've always thought his ability was dumb when they stopped caring about their own rules and made him possess that necron, though.

Lucius' ability is intentionally vague and is pretty much designed that way to prevent him from being murdered in-universe due to obvious loopholes, unless of course such a thing needs to happen later down the road in 40k lore, then they can just say such a thing was "never covered".

This is why basing an entire vs thread solely on Lucius' possession is a terrible idea.

FateAlbane said:
@Wok According to Matt in the Vs Lucemon one, it was because that Necron was a proud duelist or smth, tho.
This makes even less sense than lucius's ability being abused to weasal out of things tbh

Classic newcrons being weird

Also, he fought lucemon? What even. Idk if that's worse than fighting his own god or not tbh.

Back