• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 2C Tournament (Round 1 Match 5) : Dusknoir (PMD Explorers) VS Aeon

Well I'd assume Dusknoir has under the effects of SBA.

Okay so couple of things to point out.

Aeon's main trick is to time stop, he can't do that due to......

A: Castlevania had a speed downgrade so Aeon's time stop potency scales to probably just above that. Given he can time stop the rest of the cast who resist otherwise.

B: Dusknoir is Ininfite in speed so this carries over even if your equalised you cannot time stop an infinite unless you've got proof of it. Iirc this was brought up in the Simon vs Grovyle thread.

That said can someone lay out Dusknoir's scaling chain?

Im sure Dusknoir was able to defeat Primal Dialga (though with the help of Grovyle and Celebi), who only had control over one timeline, so thats above baseline for Dusknoir.

Gotcha, Aeon's place on the Castlevania scaling chain has never really been established. Though I'd wager it kinda goes like this.

Aeon > Alucard (1999) => Alucard (SoTN) > True Form Dracula (SoTN) > Dracula (SoTN) > Galamoth >>>>> Shaft (Feat above Baseline) > Richter being controlled by Shaft > Richter Belmont > Dracula (RoB) > Simon/Trevor/Leon Belmont > Dracula (LoM) >>> Death (LoM) > Time Reaper => Low 2-C.

I'm not voting just wanna get the ball of debate rolling will see how it goes

He probably does considering he is pretty much above the cast in Judgement where the Time Reaper comes from. Though his main move of Za Warudo is off the table due to Infinite speed from Dusknoir so there is that. Any clue what Dusknoir starts off with?

Usually a Shadow Ball, but that can be resisted. Alternatively, he tries other moves once realizing his move doesnt work.

Shadow Ball counts as Darkness Manip right? Aeon should resist that, again I'm not voting but considering that Aeon is actually having a discussion is an achivement worthy in itself lol

Looking it over Aeon seems to resist a lot of Dusknoir's stuff like Hellfire Manip, Curse Manip is resisted, Aeon does have Soul Hax which I assume works in a similar way to the Belmonts where its done on contact, though Dusknoir prolly has the seemingly same resist that Grovyle did. Still tho its nice to actually discuss an Aeon match. XD

In all honesty I disagree with Will-o-Wisp being Hellfire manipulation. It doesn't have a reference to hell, it's just a ghostly fire in (an obvious) reference to Will-o'-the-wisp tales.

You don't need to bump a thread when the last comment was only 14 minutes ago

I believe that Aeon wins. Despite both of them being quite close in comparison i believe that Aeon would disable many of Dusknoir's abilities. Therefore my vote goes to Aeon.

Back