• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario consistently shows limitations far and far beneath Low 2-C in every game in the franchise over 40 years.

And he has one (That's right one) questionable Low 2-C Durability feat in Super Paper Mario you want to scale all of the series to.
1. That's not a argument when scaling is applied, nor in this context is that a actual argument, more of a statement.

2. Bruh

Also Wario has no durability feat. The screen just fades to white, even if the universe the Black Jewel created collapsed it wasn't through an explosion, it just faded into nothing and Wario wasn't physically affected

Weeb, The Shadow Queen's goal was to CONQUER the universe, not DESTROY the universe.

"We'd all be puppets for the shadow queen and grodus": Frankly

"We need that treasure to conquer the world!": Grodus

Rosalina's feat of taking the explosion was entirely off screen and as such we don't know whether or not she used her barriers to shield herself. But even if she didn't that doesn't scale to the main cast. If Rosalina was able to physically tank an explosion that Mario and Peach needed to be shielded from, then she's obviously far stronger than Mario and Peach. The fact that in this same game someone stronger than (or at least comparable to) Mario explicitly can't touch the generator's energy without injuring himself also hurts the idea of Mario scaling to someone who tanked the universal destruction that the generator's collapse made.

Let’s count the amount of video game franchises that normally have feats far below what level we rank them as, shall we?
The answer is...everything that’s not Kirby, Disgaea, or Asura’s Wrath.

Mario, Sonic, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, God of War, Persona, Earthworm Jim, Street Fighter, Fire Emblem, Mega Man, Pokemon, Spyro.

I can continue if need be.

I. Don’t. Need. To. Prove. A. Negative.

Also you’re implying that it hurt her.
Yes you ******* do, there is nothing implying she had any reason not to use it, and since she is shown in spinoffs, according to you, to be comparable in stats to everyone else, there's three ways this could possibly go:

1) Rosalina is Low 2-C, but she shielded Mario because he wouldn't survive that explosion -> Mario does not scale to Rosalina as he is far below her in dura, and the gameplay feats are outliers.

2) Rosalina is Low 2-C, and so are Mario and pals -> Then why did she feel the need to protect him? If you're implying it wouldn't hurt her at all, it would clearly not do that much damage to Mario.

3) Rosalina is not Low 2-C, and she used her shields -> I mean, that's what I'm arguing for.

Let’s count the amount of video game franchises that normally have feats far below what level we rank them as, shall we?

Mario, Sonic, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, God of War, Persona, Earthworm Jim, Street Fighter, Fire Emblem, Mega Man, Pokemon, Spyro.

No, Kirby has plenty of antifeats too.

However, arguing "these verses do this, so it must be right" is wrong. Who knows, maybe those should be downgraded too! Or MAYBE, every one of them is its own case! Crazy!

Both Olly and Mario are Amped in the final battle of Origami King since they fight in a place made of pure Origami Energy:

"This place is made of pure Origami Power. It strengthened him, so it could strengthen you too!"

This is something that should be made clear in the OP. Blaze presented this as if it was Base Mario fighting Base Olly when both were amped. Olly doesn't have the power to fold the fabric of reality on his own. Just like with TTYD where Mario needs to be amped to even hurt the Shadow Queen.

right before that, it shows that oliva's clearly talking exclusively to bowser, and also implies that folding him is the only way for him to receive the amp. plus why would olly amp everyone instead of just origami things?

olly created the amp himself so that'd still apply to AP

also mario can push back against and injure olly in an amped form (although he needed olivia to atctually defeat him)
The game did. The script says: "The demon also made the 7 Star Stones which helped it control the world". That the Shadow Queen is weaker than the Crystal Stars is very apparent as she cannot fight off their power sealing her.

Proof she created it instantly with no effort rather than something that took time and a lot of her magic.
sealing is dura neg anyway so there's no reason to assume they're above her.

i don't think there's any proof for that, but she can still contend with crystal star-amped mario.
Also Wario has no durability feat. The screen just fades to white, even if the universe the Black Jewel created collapsed it wasn't through an explosion, it just faded into nothing and Wario wasn't physically affected
wario takes hits from the jewel so that doesn't matter

No, Kirby has plenty of antifeats too.

However, arguing "these verses do this, so it must be right" is wrong. Who knows, maybe those should be downgraded too! Or MAYBE, every one of them is its own case! Crazy!
Or maybe it’s just right and you’re pushing to maintain the status quo. I can name a few examples of that happening here, from a moon level old man to a green giant destroying a universe. Difference is that only the first got rectified eventually.

Sonic, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, God of War, Persona, Earthworm Jim, Street Fighter, Fire Emblem, Mega Man, Pokemon, Spyro.

If you want, you can revise the franchises you listed if you want to be consistent.

Plus the fact the reasons for the franchises's tier may be different and more complex, which is why anti-feats aren't as relevant

Yes you ******* do, there is nothing implying she had any reason not to use it, and since she is shown in spinoffs, according to you, to be comparable in stats to everyone else, there's three ways this could possibly go:
Super Mario 3D World is a spin-off now, I guess. Also, I don’t.
1) Rosalina is Low 2-C, but she shielded Mario because he wouldn't survive that explosion -> Mario does not scale to Rosalina as he is far below her in dura, and the gameplay feats are outliers.

2) Rosalina is Low 2-C, and so are Mario and pals -> Then why did she feel the need to protect him? If you're implying it wouldn't hurt her at all, it would clearly not do that much damage to Mario.

3) Rosalina is not Low 2-C, and she used her shields -> I mean, that's what I'm arguing for.
It’s almost as if characters can get stronger in fiction! Crazy!

Weeb, The Shadow Queen's goal was to CONQUER the universe, not DESTROY the universe.
No, the world. Universe is never said in game. We see what she was going to do in-game before the final fight. The statements even reflect it.

"No! The Legendary Darkness has begun again. This is bad...!!"

"Oh, thank you. I'm so happy. Everyone...if you weren't here the world would still be swallowed by the darkness. But through your hopes for peace you saved the world. I thank you from the bottom of my heart."

Cal I agree with downgrading like 8 of these if you wanna do it. This is not an argument for you case.

right before that, it shows that oliva's clearly talking exclusively to bowser, and also implies that folding him is the only way for him to receive the amp. plus why would olly amp everyone instead of just origami things?
That doesn't change my argument, Mario still wins through the help of Origami Bowser who is being amped. He had no chance on his own.

olly created the amp himself so that'd still apply to AP
Creating an amp overtime obviously doesn't scale to yourself before the Amp what is this circular logic. You're arguing that Olly is stronger than himself.

Also Olivia gives Mario a magic circle to fight Olly:

sealing is dura neg anyway so there's no reason to assume they're above her.
The game states she needs them to control the world.

wario takes hits from the jewel so that doesn't matter
Prove the attacks are as powerful as keeping the universe intact. At worse it's an outlier.

The list of Mario anti-feats: Dying to a turtles on contact, dying to sentinent mushrooms on contact, dying to guys who throw spikey balls on contact, dying to spikey balls on contact, dying to small bits of fire on contact, and dying to my mom on contact

What? No! I don't need to prove these aren't just game mechanics, you need to prove these are just game mechanics!

Idk, World can mean Universe AND planet, according to Weeb's thing it says Mario saved the universe from the shadow queen, but even if it means planet or universe or continent, what the shadow queen was going to do wasn't Low 2-C

It’s almost as if characters can get stronger in fiction! Crazy!
So you're telling me that Mario had an infinite-level power jump with absolutely no justification for it, he did not train or undergo anything special, nor is there any actual hint that Mario grows in power level throughout the years, and since Rosalina is in some Party games and Super Mario 3D World, it happened in the span of only a few games, and this assumption is somehow smaller than "Rosalina used shields"?

You know what's crazier? That doesn't even matter, as the other two Low 2-C feats come from before Galaxy in the timeline. So, Mario is 70x times above baseline Low 2-C, but he's still threatened by a single universe's destruction, then goes through an off-screen training arc, and THEN beats the shit out of Rosalina in Mario Party, and all of this doesn't happen just to our favorite Italian plumber, but also happens to our second favorite Italian plumber, our favorite Koopa king, his child, his adopted children, that princess that does nothing except sip tea and get kidnapped all day, that other princess, and basically everyone else that matters? And THIS is so obvious and so believable, that I have to prove that Rosalina used shields, instead of it being the default assumption?

You're right, I'll calm down a bit. Though I don't think anyone's gone over the edge yet.

Because that’s so much more unbelievable than, what, the same people jumping to the level of other world ending threats they couldn’t defeat before like Elder Shroob, Cackletta, base Bleck, Antasma, Smithy, and more? You know how many times Bowser jobs, only for Mario to later beat that same threat, and then Bowser later on going to beat Mario?
I don’t care what you have to say unless it involves proof that Rosalina used shields.

Because that’s so much more unbelievable than, what, the same people jumping to the level of other world ending threats they couldn’t defeat before like Elder Shroob, Cackletta, base Bleck, Antasma, Smithy, and more? You know how many times Bowser jobs, only for Mario to later beat that same threat, and then Bowser later on going to beat Mario?
So you're saying that instead of Mario vs Bowser having some minor inconsistencies, they're repeatedly scaling off each other like in a shonen anime? ******' Mario?

But even if Mario was a shonen, going from losing to someone to stomping them is what, a 10x boost? Little different from literally dozens of infinities. You also haven't explained to me why a 70x Low 2-C Mario was gonna get killed by a baseline Low 2-C threat.

Idk, World can mean Universe AND planet, according to Weeb's thing it says Mario saved the universe from the shadow queen, but even if it means planet or universe or continent, what the shadow queen was going to do wasn't Low 2-C

The release of the Shadow Queen starts covering the entire world in darkness in a sequence that goes on for several minutes and several characters comment on it.

And then after the Shadow Queen is defeated, Peach says this:

"If not for all of you, the world would have fallen into terrible darkness."

World = Planet in TTYD unarguably.

Cal Mario isn't Dragon Ball. Don't apply Shounen Power Up and Continuity to it.

Mario Supporters consume Mario as if it is an Anime with Story Arcs and Training and Permanent Power Ups its insane.

But even if Mario was a shonen, going from losing to someone to stomping them is what, a 10x boost? Little different from literally dozens of infinities. You also haven't explained to me why a 70x Low 2-C Mario was gonna get killed by a baseline Low 2-C threat.
One, black holes ignore durability. Two, fiction doesn’t give ***** about the infinite gap between universal. Just look at Kefla who goes from 3-A to Low 2-C with a change in Super Saiyan and it’s treated like nothing. Three, you’re acting like this isn’t common in fiction. The currently galaxy level Zack Fair died to bullets. The multiversal Arceus got bitched by a meteor. Hulk got shit on by a snake. Need I go on?

One, black holes ignore durability. Two, fiction doesn’t give ***** about the infinite gap between universal. Just look at Kefla who goes from 3-A to Low 2-C with a change in Super Saiyan and it’s treated like nothing. Three, you’re acting like this isn’t common in fiction. The currently galaxy level Zack Fair died to bullets. The multiversal Arceus got bitched by a meteor. Hulk got shit on by a snake. Need I go on?
So, if they ignore durability, Rosalina tanking one isn't a dura feat, but dura negation resistance. Also, once again, you are assuming there was a power boost when there is absolutely no hint at one, while comparing it to a series famous for its power boosts. There is absolutely no mention of Mario getting stronger in 98% of the Mario games, and I'm pretty ******' certain Mario Party 9 isn't an exception. And those other ones are clearly outliers, but you need consistent showings on a certain level to be there, and Mario doesn't have those.

Cal Mario isn't Dragon Ball. Don't apply Shounen Power Up and Continuity to it.

Mario Supporters consume Mario as if it is an Anime with Story Arcs and Training and Permanent Power Ups its insane.
Ah, poisoning the well. Also, the idea of video games having story beats being laughable is rich coming from you, given how often you talk about TES lore being the best thing you’ve ever read.

So, if they ignore durability, Rosalina tanking one isn't a dura feat, but dura negation resistance. And those other ones are clearly outliers, but you need consistent showings on a certain level to be there, and Mario doesn't have those.
She didn’t tank the black hole but the resulting Big Bang afterwards.

Ah, poisoning the well. Also, the idea of video games having story beats being laughable is rich coming from you, given how often you talk about TES lore being the best thing you’ve ever read.
You immediately go to mock me and I'm poisoning the well?

my issue is that Mario doesn't work like the supporters portray it. It doesn't have power increases, it doesn't have story arcs, it doesn't have training. Mario is Mickey Mouse not Naruto.

She didn’t tank the black hole but the resulting Big Bang afterwards.
So, she protected herself from the Black Hole.

Actually, nevermind, Black Holes ignore dura on a 3-D level. Low 2-C cvharacters would completely ignore them.

So, she protected herself from the Black Hole.

Actually, nevermind, Black Holes ignore dura on a 3-D level. Low 2-C cvharacters would completely ignore them.
The lumas sacrificed themselves for the Big Bang well before Rosie could even have a chance of being pulled in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back