• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A varies key in the context of specifically Mario I guess is fine.

It's not that it's a different Mario it's that he's a character Miyamoto designed to be able to play any role he sees fit, and thus, his power level and the scale of the dangers he faces switch out constantly.
Correct, that's the logic I'm following.

It's not that it's a different Mario it's that he's a character Miyamoto designed to be able to play any role he sees fit, and thus, his power level and the scale of the dangers he faces switch out constantly.
Right, he specifically said he sees the Mario cast like actors in a play.

You could view it as the same Mario, but just filling different "roles" for different "stories", or in this case, different games.

I get the different keys argument because each title you're supposed to feel like it's its own individual story and any subsequent games added to that title are follow-ups.

But...

The fact remains that it's always the same Mario, and figuring out a timeline between the games when some have statements of him growing stronger over the course of it creates a massive issue because then how are we supposed to know where in the timeline of a non-linear series it takes place?

So yeah, Varies probably fits better imo

They were over-exaggerating.
That doesn't make the statement any less inane.

It also doesn't prevent me from subsequently pointing out that following up such an inane statement with "It would be stupid" and "this makes no sense", as if the inane statement suddenly reveals the futility of this conversation and everyone's efforts contained therein, makes an even poorer example of oneself while adding nothing to the discussion at hand.

Last edited:
That doesn't make the statement any less inane.

It also doesn't prevent me from pointing out that following up such an inane statement with "This is stupid", as if the inane statement suddenly reveals the futility of this thread and everyone's efforts contained therein, makes an even poorer example of oneself while adding nothing to the discussion at hand.
I never intended to devalue your statement, I was pointing out that we all knew it wasn't correct and there wasn't much need to say so, i'm sorry if my statement wasn't interpreted as I intended.

Most keys across different games are typically the case of confirmed sequels and prequels where they progress however; Mario follows are more Kirby like fashion.

Exactly.

@AKM sama @Dino_Ranger_Black @Ryukama @GyroNutz @Eficiente @WeeklyBattles @The_real_cal_howard

What do you think of this solution?

Edit: Tier 7 or 6 may be better as a lowest boundary.

I suppose this works. With a third tier, it does cover the main issue we had with this frequently proposed idea in how the lowest feat and highest is too large of a gap. The character might be in risk in having a jammed pack page but it seems to be the best solution according to everyone. Though it may take a while due to the amount of games that exists in this franchise, we may need to look at all the feats at hand before deciding which can represent his lowest and highest tier. We also have to take the characters who scale in mind.

Thank you DRB. Please take the time that you need to properly evaluate this issue until you reach a good solution.

Hm. Blaze did say that several of the Tier 7 feats aren't Tier 7 after reevaluating them. Perhaps we should hear him out since most seem to be going for Tier 7 as the lowest value.

On the blog, there was an image comparing the Continent to the entire planet, not just a "World Map that debatelibly doesn't cover the entire surface area. But Planet Curvature scaling was recently revised. Which may lower it a bit, but pretty sure it's still in the Tier 5 range.

On the blog, there was an image comparing the Continent to the entire planet, not just a "World Map that debatelibly doesn't cover the entire surface area. But Planet Curvature scaling was recently revised. Which may lower it a bit, but pretty sure it's still in the Tier 5 range.

Issues:

1. The image comparing it to the globe leads to a dead link.

2. The visual of the cloud being split is not planetary in scale:

As in, this view is literally physically impossible if the two islands were as far apart as the World Map calculation yields (9267.344km). The cloud covering the skies between the two islands would literally have to curve around with the planet, disappearing in the horizon and beyond.

I'm aware of the dead link, but said image may still be out there. Then again, there have been several outdated pages with dead links; which is why people should be downloading said images and/or copy and pasting them to Imgur.

And as for the other, it's preferable it shows a video with cinematic timeframe.

I found the globes for Wario Land but that still doesn't change the visuals being 100% contradictory.

Wario Land Shake It is set in another world called the "Shake Dimension" so it's entirely reasonable that the world just isn't Earth-sized anyways. Since it's just a few islands and we can see from the cutscene that two of the islands aren't nearly as big as continents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back