• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it derailing to disagree with an upgrade?
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, so you're against any form of low 2-C Mario including the varies compromise?

And yes (I'm tired I've keep having to say this) using explicit game mechanics is indeed a derail, since its not an argument.

I didn't want to create a snowball effect, but my point was that stuff like "4-A wooden barrel" are mostly things made by us to explain things and game mechanics must not be used to hide under the carpet 99% of every game just to not contradict the interpretation we have of a bunch of cutscenes taken from many, different, unrelated games.

Like many have said, Mario isn't a shonen and doesn't have set rules and a continuity, it's a versatile figure that can fit everywhere and the developers care to make a colored world and a fun game, where the plot serves more as a function (barring some games) more than create a powerful galaxy buster and a complex system of power levels, universal energy system, lore and scaling etc...

This is the reason why I think a varies tier should be considered, then how to outline and set each "level" of this tier is another can of worms.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, so you're against any form of low 2-C Mario including the varies compromise?

And yes (I'm tired I've keep having to say this) using explicit game mechanics is indeed a derail, since its not an argument.
I am fine with a varies. I agree that Mario reaches Low 2-C (or higher) at his peak, I just don't think it's his usual power level.

Definitely disagree with a varies tier based on Mario getting hurt by spikes and wooden barrels n shit. Every video game character has Tier 9 anti-feats during gameplay, unless there's a game where the character just bulldozes through the levels and isn't affected by stage hazards.
May I introduce you to Wario Land?

I don't think we'll achieve anything out of this mess. This thread should be closed and one with only 1 topic being talked about should be made, like most bosses in the Galaxy games not scaling to their power source, we can deal with that, then have no one brings it up again and we then move on to other topic. That would be organized. A Varies up to Low 2-C is no going to happen out of dishonest tactics, it's not a natural conclusion, just people asking what they want to see.
The topic is low 2-C. The downgrade side is derailing using game mechanics.

As much as I'd like to see a Tier 2 Mario I'm not sure if a "Varies, up to Low 2-C" can work at this point considering every Low 2-C feat was scrutinized to death and the majority of staff here disagree with them.

I'd like to not being labeled as a dishonest who wants to downgrade the verse by saying false things, especially after I explained myself three times exaclty to avoid that, since these topics always end bad for everyone involved. (and it already happened more than one time only in this one).

The topic is low 2-C. The downgrade side is derailing using game mechanics.
There's way more arguments than that. I'm just using this to argue that his peak is also below 4-A. Don't try and use this to illegitimize other arguments.

As much as I'd like to see a Tier 2 Mario I'm not sure if a "Varies, up to Low 2-C" can work at this point considering every Low 2-C feat was scrutinized to death and the majority of staff here disagree with them.
Ok. Lemme get it straight. Staff has no reason to have more weight on the decision. They regulate the conversation.

You don't need a good argument to accept something as truth, nor do you need to prove it. This is a problem with this thread, everybody on Matts side who agrees gets blamed for not having a reason while people who said accepted it on Weebs side don't get called out. You call out everybody or you call out nobody, just don't give them shit for not contributing much.
Agreed, but mostly in the sense of calling out everyone.

The reason I don't like the FRA'ing is because it gives anyone a chance to tip the scales despite having shown zero contribution to the thread itself. When it does come time to get this over with, it seems best to me for the debaters to have the final say in what goes down (whether they agree or disagree).

Any Low 2-C level is not going to happen. You guys wanted pure Low 2-C, now the argument is "Varies up to Low 2-C" and that is not going to happen either because the feats are being questioned and rejected.

There's way more arguments than that. I'm just using this to argue that his peak is also below 4-A. Don't try and use this to illegitimize other arguments.
There was also...
-Surface area in tier 2
-Universe creation not scaling to power
-Playable characters being hurt by final boss being game mechanics
-Bottomless Pits and fodder enemies being used as legitimate reasons for disagreement
-Assumption that characters used powers to protect themselves even though nothing said they did.

And yet people are saying that this side is throwing everything to the wall to see what sticks... idk about you but I find this very hypocritical.

Cal, make an argument that doesn't involve pointing at the neighbor's grass challenge. All you're doing is complaining that other series have higher ratings.

Cal, make an argument that doesn't involve pointing at the neighbor's grass challenge. All you're doing is complaining that other series have higher ratings.
If it’s such a problem then you should’ve stopped me from saying things like that five years ago when that was the crux of my arguments. Also...prove me wrong then.

If it’s such a problem then you should’ve stopped me from saying things like that five years ago when that was the crux of my arguments. Also...prove me wrong then.
Neither of those are arguments. Like, they're not even bad arguments, they're just not

You know what, I was trying to come up with a potential solution for both sides, but it seems like that isn't gonna happen. So I give up, gl on the thread.
Tbh I don't blame you, I've tried being reasonable and kept the middle ground as well as reminding folks to not bring up other verses into this debacle not to mention pointing out the clear hypocrisy but this ad nauseam status quo for any popular verse's major CRT is just ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back