• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord Starkiller vs Luke Skywalker.

Lord Starkiller may have defeated a lesser experienced and skilled Luke, but I doubt he would have the same level of success with ROTJ Luke. I think Luke takes this one via experience and versatility in Force hax. Plus, this Luke is superior to Vader once Vader reached his peak while Lord Starkiller is only superior to a Pre-A New Hope Vader.

My vote goes to Luke.

Luke Honestly, While Lord Starkiller did Kill Vader and Defeat Luke in his DLC Route, it's Important to note for Vader that was him during the Events Between Episode 3 and Episode 4 meaning that he Overwhelmed and Defeated a Vastly Weaker Vader thatn the Vader we see by the Events of ROTJ and he Defeated an Inexperienced Luke who hadn't gone to Train with Yoda yet during the Events of Episode 2 and is Vastly Weaker to the Luke that Ultimately is Shown in ROTJ.

Legends ROTJ Luke is Far Beyond what Lord Starkiller can hope to Handle given the Circumstances and Clear Period of what Versions of Luke and Vader that he did Defeat and Kill. So I'm honestly going to have to give my Vote to Luke on this One.

Voting Starkiller. He has more experience against other Jedi (Shaak Ti, Rahm Kota, Shadow Guards, etc) and is more willing to use his hax in character.

When Luke is shown facing a force user of comparable power, he exclusively sticks to lightsaber combat, while Galen is fully willing to use and abuse lightning and telekinesis. Furthermore, Luke only defeated Vader after going on the offensive when Leia was threatened and he almost lost himself to the Dark Side as a result.

Some may argue that it is in character for Galen to taunt Luke like Vader did and therefore get defeated as a result, I find this unlikely. There's a considerable difference between ESB Luke who needed to focus to lift his lightsaber with the force and got toyed with by Vader and ROTJ Luke. Galen's smart enough to realize he's fighting a pier in the force and not a young potential apprentice as he was on Hoth.

Furthermore, I doubt the strength difference is that big. Luke is ANH Vader < ROTJ Vader < Luke while Galen is ANH Vader < Galen Marek < Lord Starkiller. Plus, ESB Luke got trounced by him twice and only posed a threat once using the Dark Side. If any gap exists, it is negligible at best.

The Man Formerly Known as Galen Marek gets my vote.

The Wright Way said:
Voting Starkiller. He has more experience against other Jedi (Shaak Ti, Rahm Kota, Shadow Guards, etc) and is more willing to use his hax in character.
When Luke is shown facing a force user of comparable power, he exclusively sticks to lightsaber combat, while Galen is fully willing to use and abuse lightning and telekinesis. Furthermore, Luke only defeated Vader after going on the offensive when Leia was threatened and he almost lost himself to the Dark Side as a result.

Some may argue that it is in character for Galen to taunt Luke like Vader did and therefore get defeated as a result, I find this unlikely. There's a considerable difference between ESB Luke who needed to focus to lift his lightsaber with the force and got toyed with by Vader and ROTJ Luke. Galen's smart enough to realize he's fighting a pier in the force and not a young potential apprentice as he was on Hoth.

Furthermore, I doubt the strength difference is that big. Luke is ANH Vader < ROTJ Vader < Luke while Galen is ANH Vader < Galen Marek < Lord Starkiller. Plus, ESB Luke got trounced by him twice and only posed a threat once using the Dark Side. If any gap exists, it is negligible at best.

The Man Formerly Known as Galen Marek gets my vote.
Tbh, I think the only reason Palpatine's Lightning really overcame Luke was because of the gap in their power. In the novelization, it's even said that Luke was briefly able to deflect some volts of Force Lightning before succumbing to the attack. Honestly, Lord Starkiller shouldn't be strong enough to overcome Luke with his Force abilities. Even if Lord Starkiller is stronger than both Galen and ANH Vader...ROTJ Vader still dwarves them in power. Hell, Luke just comparing to Vader and not defeating him is enough to beat Starkiller.

1. Legit what? Where has it ever been proven anywhere that ROTJ Vader > Lord Starkiller? Because I'm not buying that without proof.

2. Palpatine was torturing Luke. He could've atomized him in a moments notice but he didn't because he's sadistic. Luke deflecting the lightning of a 4-B who literally wasn't trying, really doesn't count for much.

3. That doesn't even address my points about experience and telekinesis.

1. What proof do you have that Lord Starkiller > ROTJ Vader? ROTJ Vader is stated to have reached his peak, even surprassing him Clone Wars counterpart. Lord Starkiller is only superior to Vader who wasn't yet as his peak

2. Fair, but this isn't to say Luke would be helpless to Lord Starkiller's Force Lightning. He definitely wouldn't go down as easily

3. Luke also has an array of Force Hax that you haven't addressed on how Lord Starkiller is going to avoid

1. Where did I say that Lord Starkiller > ROTJ Vader? Actually, let me rephrase my point. If a gap does exist, what proof do you have that it is in any way significant? Both characters are extremely superior to ANH Vader via scaling chain after all.

3. I did address it. I pointed out that ROTJ Luke hardly ever uses them.

...TFU2 stalemated a much stronger Vader then the one he fought in TFU1. If anything, he's kinda the same.

Hellbeast1 said:
Wouldn't him fiighting a stronger Vader make him stronger?
Especially since he wins
IIRC, the only reason he won is because Vader didn't try to kill Starkiller outright and, instead, tells him to surrender or die. Starkiller faked like he was going to surrender, causing Vader to drop his guard and the rest is history...

IIRC, the only reason he won is because Vader didn't try to kill Starkiller outright and, instead, tells him to surrender or die. Starkiller faked like he was going to surrender, causing Vader to drop his guard and the rest is history...

That... makes no sense. If Vader was holding back against his apprentice (which I'm not buying) then you'd think he'd do the same against his son.

Also, that's blatantly wrong. Vader gripped Juno, Starkiller surrendered, Juno attacks Vader, Vader pushes and seemingly kills Juno, Starkiller flies into a rage and defeats Vader. There was no deception involved. Vader was still able to fight for several minutes afterward.

Heck, even going off the novel, doesn't Galen at one point estimate that he could stalemate Vader?

Either way, you get Galen </= ROTJ Vader < Lord Starkiller

Against ROTJ Vader < ROTJ Luke

AP is kinda moot at that point, and may potentially favor Galen. Which only further solidifies my previous points.

The Wright Way said:
Why does the novel take any precedence over the games exactly?
The games are meant to allow us (the players) to 'do' Starkiller's actions while the novels are meant to flesh out things that happened in the game, giving more dimension to actual events and the characters involved. Overall, the novels, the games and other materials are meant to be taken together as one big experience that is Force Unleashed.

So the Novel has Galen Claiming he could stalemate Post-ANH Vader? That gives Lord Starkiller an even better chance than I was led to believe.

Actually discount what I was saying because it has nothing to do with this debate. Sorry it's been a long day and I got confused (blame the jury duty). People kept saying Starkiller and I was thinking of TFU II.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
So the Novel has Galen Claiming he could stalemate Post-ANH Vader? That gives Lord Starkiller an even better chance than I was led to believe.
You mean Pre-ANH Vader. Both TFU games take place Pre-ANH

>ROTJ Vader is stated to have reached his peak, even surprassing him Clone Wars counterpart.

I have seen this many times and I would like a scan or something confirming it please.

The Wright Way said:
...Yeah, that's what we were talking about too. They're the same guy.
...You missed my point.

Lord Starkiller is from Force Unleashed I in 'What-If' Scenario. The stuff I was talking about portained only to Force Unleashed II, to which he's non-canon.

You mean Pre-ANH Vader. Both TFU games take place Pre-ANH

..But that doesn't add up. Why would TFU2 Galen only be capable of stalemating someone who he outright defeated prior?

...You missed my point.

Lord Starkiller is from Force Unleashed I in 'What-If' Scenario. The stuff I was talking about portained only to Force Unleashed II, to which he's non-canon.

But TFU2 and 1 Galen are basically treated as interchangeable on this site. Theirfore, Lord Starkiller still scales above him.

Tony di bugalu said:
>ROTJ Vader is stated to have reached his peak, even surprassing him Clone Wars counterpart.
I have seen this many times and I would like a scan or something confirming it please.

C2 of Omegon said:
The Wright Way said:
But TFU2 and 1 Galen are basically treated as interchangeable on this site.
Which make little sense all things considered.
Yeah. Lord Starkiller doesn't have the same abilities TFUII Galen gains

Back