• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord of the Rings Downgrades

The Ainur in general. Somebody knowledgeable needs to check through the profiles to see if the justifiications for the statistics (such as power-scaling) makes sense for all of them.

Lets go through them one by one.

Arien: Is one of the most powerful Maiar.

That would warrent either at least 6-B, or unkown. We are also completely ignoring her sun-moving feat. It should be stated that while she moves the sun, it is likely smaller than the real one.

Personally I think unknown is the best option.

Osse: Should be comprable to Arien and nearly as strong as Sauron.

Given how high-end 6-B (To the point of being Country level+), I think at least should be used here, especially when the Balrogs can perform far more impressive feats. Also, when was it stated he was comprable to Sauron, or Arien.

Tilion is reasonable, because, he was just a no-name servant of Orome before guiding the moon. He would probably be unknown, for the same reson as Arien.

Balrogs: Balrogs were described as some of the most dreadful servants of Morgoth, which included high-tier Maiar like Sauron. Seven Balrogs were able to drive away a starving Ungoliant, who overpowered a weakened Morgoth. All Balrogs are Maiar, and remain very powerful

First off, the most glaring issue, is that they drove off a full-power Ungoliant, not a starving one. That definetly warrents an at least 6-B rating.

Additionally, Sauron is at least 6-B, not plain 6-B.

This is the problems I've found so far.

However, I'm certain I've missed some, and probably have some kind of problem in my proposed power-scaling.

It would be best if Azathoth helped out in this thread.

Oh well, what do you think The Everlasting, Matthew, and Dark649?

That is correct, yes. The + sign is only supposed to be used if there is a calculation placing a character in the upper half of a tier.

I think that the valar profiles are locked.

Anyway, do you think that we should highlight this thread for more input?

No, the porpuse of the thread is completed because i wanted to downgrade the Maiar and not the Valar, so this for me should be closed and then make another one for other revisions.

There is no reason to downgrade the Valar, just remove the infinite speed.

At the very least we have to do that before we start another thread.

Yes, thank you for the help.

Anyway, it would still be good if somebody knowledgeable could check through the maiar pages, to see if the scaling and justifications for the statistics is accurate. That is why I thought that it might be a good idea to highlight this.

You can ask him to reply here if you wish.

Back