• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord of the Rings Downgrades

Dark649

VS Battles
Retired
Currently most profiles are rated at least 5-C, possibly/likely 4-C but the reason is very iffy about the fruits and beings that enbodies a concept, but were never shown as powerful as the real structures. The same for the Infinite speed ratings due to our future changes where to apply the Infinite Speed rating.

So: I think they should be downgraded back to 6-B from Osse feat and remove the Infinite speed things.

Well, we need a coherent plan for how to properly rescale the characters. I think that The Everlasting and Matthew are planning a revision. Azathoth's input would also be very useful.

You can ask all 3 of them to respond here if you wish.

The Moon/Star level stuff is overall very wrong, as the moon and star were incredibly small in early Arda cosmology, only being made realistic much later.

The Everlasting said:
The Moon/Star level stuff is overall very wrong, as the moon and star were incredibly small in early Arda cosmology, only being made realistic much later.
Can you give me a quote for that?

I'm just a bit curious as to why the maiar don't have any low 2c or at least high 3a keys, because in the book it's stated "of the ainur some abode still with Il├║vatar beyond th confines of the world" and considering the aninur are made up of both maiar and valar(it's their race), shouldn't their true forms be comparable?

Okay. Thank you for the evaluation. However, we still have to figure out what feats that we should scale them from.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Thank you for the evaluation. However, we still have to figure out what feats that we should scale them from.
By looking at the hystory of the pages, i can restore them to their previous 6-B rating.

Yes, it was technically all Maiar. Though we do not know how many Maiar there are. The reason I think Low 2-C should scale to the Valar (and not High 3-A or something) is because Melkor is actually capable of affecting the entire "song" that formed Eä, and the other Valar were the only ones suggested to be comparable.

The overall problem here seems to be a massive amount of inconsistency regarding the power levels of the characters.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Yes, it was technically all Maiar. Though we do not know how many Maiar there are. The reason I think Low 2-C should scale to the Valar (and not High 3-A or something) is because Melkor is actually capable of affecting the entire "song" that formed Eä, and the other Valar were the only ones suggested to be comparable.
Even being a quarillion times weaker than a Low 2-C is still Low 2-C, right?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
High 3-A, in most cases.
Well, the Maiar where stated to be comprable to the Valar during the Ainulindale.

What do you think there true forms should be rated as?

Back