• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
Woould being a living shadow grant non-existence physiology or at least non-corporeality?. Since they lack an actual physical form. I've been wondering about this question and I would like some answers from people that know this sort of thing more then me.

Side Question: Would being a being that is the evil ego of a perso grant Abstract Existence or some other ability since it is basically a manifestation of some kind of "concept" (not sure if that is the right word but whatever).

No, being made of shadows is not NEP, but it can be non-corporeal depending of the case. I wouldn't consider an alter ego an Abstract Physiology tho.

There is an argument that since shadow is the literal absence of light, you could say that being pure shadow, would make you nonexistence. As you literally made of the absence of a substance.

But very few characters are made of literaly shadow. Most are made of some kind of dark elemental or shadow energy, or the universe treats darkness as a tangible substance. Same thing for cold.

Something like that, most fiction consider Shadow Physiology as just another element, a realistic Shadow Physiology would technically be Void Physiology (like a black hole).

Well in the source material (The Goosebumps book The Ghost Next Door) he isn't hinted or indicated to be a dark elemental or shadow energy and in the verse in its entirety don't treat darkness as a tangible substance. Would it help that he originated from a realm which is said to be made of pure darkness?.

No, that is still not nonexistent, the character still exist (welp, NEP is a perspective based power, so even those characters always exist in some way), just that is made of darkness. You can put it as Non-Corporeal aswell.

Back