• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link vs Cloud...Apparently fair....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if being unaffected by the activation of a Timeshift Stone counts as resistance, since it'd be like saying that a character is immune to their own Time Stop / Time Slow.

In addition, Sharp's song drains the life force out of someone gradually, which is far from inflicting instant death.

The ability to resist sudden involuntary movement isn't really a resistance to vectors so much as a resistance to being forcibly moved.

I still say that Cloud uses Death or Finishing Touch and calls it a day.

I still think Cloud has a clear advantage over Link.

Also, Phoenix Materia is a thing.

Link should win based off his time stop and probably manipulation what I see. Cloud doesn't really have the hax to beat Link imo.

@Zelda

Not sure why when Link has never reacted to time manipulation outside of his control nor has he dealt with instant death attacks.

Reppuzan said:
@Zelda
Not sure why when Link has never reacted to time manipulation outside of his control nor has he dealt with instant death attacks.
I thought Link had resistance to time manipulation?

@Gargoyle

Looking at Cal's blog, it's saying that Link is resistant to Time Manipulation triggered by himself, which is silly to say the least, since every Time Manipulator would have resistance to other Time Manipulation abilities if this were true.

PlozAlcachaz said:
Link should win based off his time stop and probably manipulation what I see. Cloud doesn't really have the hax to beat Link imo.
Cloud has resistance to Timestop. And where does this prob manipulation come from anyway.

Reppuzan said:
@Gargoyle

Looking at Cal's blog, it's saying that Link is resistant to Time Manipulation triggered by himself, which is silly to say the least, since every Time Manipulator would have resistance to other Time Manipulation abilities if this were true.
That's....Dumb.

Pachi, how does it work? Does he have to make himself resistant before time manipulation happens or is it permanent.

As I said, Link's best opportunity is multiplying himself by 4 and using Ancient Arrows right away.

Bloodlust may go in Cloud's favor since link may try to use Timestop, which Cloud is resistant to, and allow Cloud to hit first.

Cloud charges at Link, who tries to either parry or block the attack, since this is a 1v1 between 2 men who opt for armed combat as main source of offense and Link has no idea how much stronger his opponent is. Cloud's insane ap advantage allows him to cut right through Link, the Hylian Shield ain't saving him from that. I vote for Cloud.

I don't why it says my comment is a reply, just ignore that, I suppose

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I don't understand how this works seeing as Cloud's Durability is leagues above Link's AP. One attack should break Link's sword instead.
That wouldn't happen until time resumes.

This is the standard case of has vs ap/durability in which can the has defeat the superior ap/durability before it's too late? In this case yes, link just has to much has for him to deal with and slap auto coming back to life thing.....link 9/10

I dont agree with a lot of arguments made for either side but right now leaning towards Cloud.

One thing I'd like to add:

The Master Sword has the ability to analyze opponents, so yes Link definitely would think to use his stronger hax to get around Cloud's superior AP and Dura. Plus the sword should nullify his Regenerationn as well.

Also, Demise's High 4-C is a casual feat, and was done when he wasn't at his full power. Link bested Demise at his best, so I think the gap between AP/durability isn't that big.

"Stop the flow of time for an object. Objects stopped in time will store kinetic energy. This stored energy will be expelled when the flow of time resumes. Making good use of the stored energy can move even the largest of objects." - Stasis Rune in-game description

Just in case anyone wanted this.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
One thing I'd like to add:
The Master Sword has the ability to analyze opponents, so yes Link definitely would think to use his stronger hax to get around Cloud's superior AP and Dura. Plus the sword should nullify his Regenerationn as well.

Also, Demise's High 4-C is a casual feat, and was done when he wasn't at his full power. Link bested Demise at his best, so I think the gap between AP/durability isn't that big.
Baseline solar system (which Link is below) is 22 foe. Cloud is 3,000,000 foe.

Also, Demise's High 4-C feat doesn't exist. The statement of him creating the realm with a sun is English-only. The Japanese version just says he teleported Link to the Demon World (Or something).

The Everlasting said:
Also, Demise's High 4-C feat doesn't exist. The statement of him creating the realm with a sun is English-only. The Japanese version just says he teleported Link to the Demon World (Or something).
Shhhh.That's been brought up before but it doesn't matter because official translation or something idfk.Even though it's no less reputable than manga scanlations.

Whoever wrote Composite Link's page is a special kind of *********. It's ridiculously detailed.

Anyway, The Master sword can clearly break and definitely would if Link could attack 76447873.1214 times with a single Stasis, not that such an attack would reach Cloud's dura even if the sword didn't break.

Even then, Stasis works for a considerably shorter period when used on a tough enemy. On tougher enemies like Lynels and bosses it only works for 1.5 seconds, and it will probably be even shorter a period for Cloud.

Plus, regardless of Link's movement speed, he never is actually shown to be able to reach anywhere even remotely near 12741312.1869 swings per second, instead having to take time between swings, as he can't instantly stop a 0.24c sword and swing it the other way.

So given that the ridiculously powerful Stasis Rune method wouldn't work, and even if it did work wouldn't be able to significantly harm Cloud, I don't really see many ways Link can get around the AP gap.

The Everlasting said:

Does this mean he should be downgraded?

Cropfist said:
The Everlasting said:
Majora's feat still exists I guess

PlozAlcachaz said:
Cropfist said:
The Everlasting said:
Majora's feat still exists I guess
Majoras "feat" is in the same boat as Kaguyas.It's left extremely vague as to what the realm is(in fact the game doesn't even acknowledge it) and could just as well simply be transportation.Even then,it'd be a pretty major outlier.

The difference between the Demise feat and the Kaguya feat is that Kaguya used genjutsu; literally and illusion to create a star iirc. Where as Demise created his own miniture parrallel universe that at the very least contains a sun, so it's no outlier. Anyway, I think Cloud wins for reasons above; he can oneshot Link due to a significant AP and durability advantage. And while Link does overall have better hax, Cloud's hax is still good enough to counter that.

I'd like to point out Cloud's resistance to time stop resistance is being discussed, if he doesn't, not really much to counter a time stop.

That said, vote counted.

I call inconclusive.

From what I can tell, Link's "feat" or resisting Time Manipulation is not being affected by Time Manipulation triggered by himself, which is peculiar to say the least.

In addition, Resistance to Death Manipulation comes from a slow draining affect rather than instant death.

Whoever gets their hax off first, wins.

The time hax thing, not the case (Gar, I responded to your question on my blog). But Reppu's right. Link will go for efficiency first and will probably use hax. Cloud doesn't even need to do that, and could kill with a tap. So inconclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back