• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
With the Bayo time stuff sorted out, this should probably be redone. The Hero of Time/Legend/Wind/Trains/Twilight/etc. vs the Umbra Witch. Speed equalized. Starts within a rooms distance of each other.

Link breath of the wild render by jrrenders-dad872p
Bayonetta SSB4 Bayo1

Lol when a power downgrade is actually an advantage here

But yeah, looking at the profile he doesnt resist time slow

Why the **** was Acacia's victory over Bayo removed?

Im totally redoing it.

Time slow is very much below a time stop. Time being slowed to an actual halt is better than time being slowed to a nigh halt. As PaChi said earlier, that's like saying if someone can resist AZ, but they have no resistance to a blizzard (which is true if you're an Ice- type Pokémon ovo)

The real cal howard said:
Time slow is very much below a time stop. Time being slowed to an actual halt is better than time being slowed to a nigh halt. As PaChi said earlier, that's like saying if someone can resist AZ, but they have no resistance to a blizzard (which is true if you're an Ice- type Pokémon ovo)
From what I have understood from other threads and even the time stop vs infinite/immeasurable thread, just because one resists time stop =/= they can resist time slow.

Isn't time slow basically a lower level time stop? I mean it's not like you're erasing someone from time or erasing their past to cause a paradox or summon a paradox to kill a person.

But if you dont have feats of Resisting a time slow and only only a time stop, you can't just say you can resist a time slow because you resisted resisted a time stop

If you dont have feats of Resisting time slow you can't just say you can from Resisting a time stop as time slow and time stop are two different things

Well... There are cases that if someone can resist a time stop, it becomes a time slow for them most times if not gets shrugged off. Seems logical too compared with the blizzard and absolute zero feat.

Burning Full Fingers said:
@PaChi

Dunno, but I believe it was Joseph who requested it. At least that's what I remember from looking at the wiki activity.
I will go cry in a corner.

T_T

They always get removed...

Say time is a 1 at normal. Why would something turning time to 0 be any lesser than turning it to a .1

Smol question:

Since witch time isnt timestop, boye doesnt resist timestop, so Link can timestop and win right?

PaChi2 said:
Smol question:
Since witch time isnt timestop, boye doesnt resist timestop, so Link can timestop and win right?
Yes, but he has to use that out of all his other weapons.

Because 0 and .1 are two different things, its like saying that if you can resist a lot of different kinds of poison, you can resist ALL poison

WeeklyBattles said:
If you dont have feats of Resisting time slow you can't just say you can from Resisting a time stop as time slow and time stop are two different things
But they're not. Time slow is literally just an inferior timestop. Like, there's nothing else that can be said there. An example of what you're saying is that if say, a Dark type can no-sell Psychic, there's no proof that it can no-sell Confusion.

I believe it was a Castlevania thing in which they could resist Time Stop, but were effected by Time Slow. I forget. I maybe wrong as well. But from what I've gathered for awhile is that Resisting Time Stop =/= Resisting Time Slow.

Weekly, time stop and time slow aren't two completely different abilities like you seem to imagine. Time Stop is just more potent than time slow. If you resist a lethal dose of one poison you won't die from a weaker dose of the same poison.

Yes, but he has to use that out of all his other weapons.

Inb4 Fi tells him: master STOP THE TIME OR WE DIE.

WeeklyBattles said:
Because 0 and .1 are two different things, its like saying that if you can resist a lot of different kinds of poison, you can resist ALL poison
False equivalency. If I tried to justify this by using Link's time manipulation resistance as a reason, you'd have a point, because time manipulation has a lot of different forms. But as I said above, Time slow is literally just an inferior timestop.

This isn't proper. Saying time slow is a completely different thing from time stop is only right by a miniscule fraction. As Cal said, why would you not be able to resist time slow when it's such an inferior version? Nothing in Bayonetta's works makes it seem like it's unique or superior to time stop. And if Castlevania does that, that's cool.

But we don't really ram in concepts from another verse to another when it's something that can be kinda considered an exception. Like say people with hot enough flames or cold resist can negate Esdeath's time stop. But we don't say other time stoppers receive that effect.

Huh I'm fighting beside Cal, that's rare : D

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I believe it was a Castlevania thing in which they could resist Time Stop, but were effected by Time Slow. I forget. I maybe wrong as well. But from what I've gathered for awhile is that Resisting Time Stop =/= Resisting Time Slow.
That's Castlevania. One fiction doesn't define a power.

The real cal howard said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
That's Castlevania. One fiction doesn't define a power.
I'm just saying. That's what I remember. Read the rest of my post.

Btw when has Link resisted Time Stop? I remember him just not being affected by those ruins that turn back time. i.e Age Manipulation.

Supposedly the time shift stones from his blog.

But those could be activated by Link himself

Back