• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link being a valid Composite or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
So show me at which point in time every ability or equipment Link has is present at once for him in canon, please, or drop it.

Zelda Timeline
Here

TriforcePower1 said:
Holy mother of textwalls
Tri do you legit expect me to read through your wall of writing with whatever ridiculous punchline you've set up just so I can get whatever point you're trying to get across while juggling 50 of your other posts directed at me?

This kinda stuff is why we do Staff Only Threads, because they turn into absolutely nightmarish read throughs which are incoherently screaming 20 different things at us.

I have a little talkshow I've been wanting to write too, it's called "Irrelevant points which do not justify the existence of the profile and only waste everyone's time". It goes like this:

"Rude"

Me: Yeah so I-

VSBW: Wall of text

Me: No but I-

Me: Please stop I can't-

Me: Read... we good now?

VSBW: Wall of Text

Me: *bangs her head on a wall wondering how it came to this*

GiverOfThePeace said:
Even if we assume Comp Link is different, then just make different tabbers for Spirit of the Hero if that really bothers you so much and allow vs threads to composite all the tabbers like what's done with Sora in threads.
Example I can think of is Uberhero:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Uberhero_(Patapon)
I repeat this, because Spirit of the Hero is a character and this would just be a page putting all the souls together and the tabbers clearly show each one has different equipment so you can stop complaining about that.

" So show me at which point in time every ability or equipment Link has is present at once for him in canon, please, or drop it. "

So he does not have all those abilities? Then he cant have then all in one profile..

GiverOfThePeace said:
I repeat this, because Spirit of the Hero is a character and this would just be a page putting all the souls together and the tabbers clearly show each one has different equipment so you can stop complaining about that.
That was already suggested a dozen times.

I just don't get why we should squeeze... what, 15 keys?, into one profile. They are the same person, fine.

Naruto is the same person in all of his profiles, as are all Er Gen protagonists, etc.

It just makes an immense profile full of walls of texts for no reason.

Tri do you legit expect me to read through your wall of writing with whatever ridiculous punchline you've set up just so I can get whatever point you're trying to get across while juggling 50 of your other posts directed at me?

This kinda stuff is why we do Staff Only Threads, because they turn into absolutely nightmarish read throughs which are incoherently screaming 20 different things at us.

I have a little talkshow I've been wanting to write too, it's called "Irrelevant points which do not justify the existence of the profile and only waste everyone's time". It goes like this:

"Rude"

Me: Yeah so I-

Me: No but I-

Me: Please stop I can't-

Me: Read... we good now?

VSBW: Wall of Text

Me: *bangs her head on a wall wondering how it came to this*
The point is: Nintendo decides Canon, Nintendo merged all Links together to create both the website page and the Hyrule Encyclopedia section, so we should just do like the people who decide canon do.

And while I don't want to sound rude, but do you want me to post a "definitely not wall of text" comment from a staff only thread?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
At the risk of being an idiot, this and this seem to be quiet different in power, abilities and equipment.
But Botw Link can gain the same equipments that he had in his past life, they are not fakes or replicas they function the exact same that it was in his previous like the Goddess sword still retaining the flames of the goddesses inside. And that's one of many things link can have, he just literally limited by durability system.

@Triforce

I want you to post a "definitely not a wall of text" from a staff thread where it was being responded by twenty people, while the poster was responding to five other comments simultaneously, sure.

Anyways, as it is obvious, I'm getting overly tired so I'll be responding tomorrow, cheerio.

TriforcePower1 said:
The point is: Nintendo decides Canon, Nintendo merged all Links together to create both the website page and the Hyrule Encyclopedia section, so we should just do like the people who decide canon do.

And while I don't want to sound rude, but do you want me to post a "definitely not wall of text" comment from a staff only thread?
They did not make a canon event where all of his equipment and abilities are with him at once, they just put all of his history and references to him under the same name.

This would be like people referring to me right now and me 10 years ago as Richard, and some rando saying that I must have that bow I had 10 years ago because I was described as the same person in both descriptions.

And in staff threads, ideally, the walls of texts are arguments and not someone writing a faux conversation while making his opposition seem like absolutely unreasonable.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Because Spirit of the Hero doesn't have a page and he is a legitimate character as shown.

"15 key"

laughs in Uberhero

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Uberhero_(Patapon)
So what? If the character is just something that is with all Link's and never exists on it's own then it doesn't need a page.

And one profile deciding to just be massive isn't a reason for all of them to be. Certainly not all profiles make a "standard ability list" for a character like the ones made for digimons or ergen cultivators, but those that do still use them to skip the tens of thousands of words and to provide something digestible.

Like, what, you want them to give Link every single thing he got in 30 years of history in a game? Have you read Composite Link's page? It's pretty damn impossible to program all that stuff into a game, hence why they made the HE section.

AshenCrow777 said:
But Botw Link can gain the same equipments that he had in his past life, they are not fakes or replicas they function the exact same that it was in his previous like the Goddess sword still retaining the flames of the goddesses inside. And that's one of many things link can have, he just literally limited by durability system.
All or some of the same equipment dude? Because if he can obtain literally everything his past lives had, then why is his profile a third of the composite one? Why is he not 3-A? Why is he slower normally?

It's a character that doesn't have a page and there's no reason for it not to. Not needing a page doesn't mean it can't have a page, I hope you know that. If anything what I proposed doesn't make him a full on composite anymore it just mixes him with every link and he doesn't have all their abilities at once, which was your guys biggest complaint for spirit of the hero page.

That's not the only profile that does that, my point is your 15 key complaints is double standards when profiles exist that have 33 keys.

Composite Link profile is THE MOST digestible, organized well polished and clear profile we have here tho, there's a link to everything and it's perfectly class with no errors without trying to go overboard.

TriforcePower1 said:
Like, what, you want them to give Link every single thing he got in 30 years of history in a game? Have you read Composite Link's page? It's pretty damn impossible to program all that stuff into a game, hence why they made the HE section.
The meta reasons don't really matter. What I'm questioning is the plot reasonings.

Just... give me a link (ha ha link real fun) or scan that shows link having all of his equipment and abilities at once, at any point in time.

Because obviously they refer to him as one person, the same way I refer to me two minutes ago as me. Difference is that two minutes ago I had money, and now I have a taco.

AshenCrow777 said:
Composite Link profile is THE MOST digestible, organized well polished and clear profile we have here tho, there's a link to everything and it's perfectly class with no errors without trying to go overboard.
Yes, but what is being suggested is not to keep this profile as it is.

What is being suggested is to take all of his canon video game appearances, and make a different tabber and key for each one.

AshenCrow777 said:
It being a good profile doesn't mean it should stay.

It's polished but it is against the standard. If someone makes "Composite Dragon Ball Super" and makes it into a very eye pleasing profile, doesn't mean it's ok to have that as a profile.

He also lacks non-equipment powers from his other lives.

L>It's literally the only version of Link used for VSdebating, in and out of the wiki"

This is my main argument. I don't give a f*** if we're an indexing site, we're VERSUS Battles Wiki. Comp. Link existed so long because the idea of all the canon games being fused into a single iteration like any other character is the primary idea of Link in a versus debating scenario. Nobody, and I mean nobody, specifies Link like that when going in a debate, with a very small likelihood that it's specifically OoT Link. Never have I seen "this is specifically TP Link" or "This is classic Link". It's either OoT or composite, the latter 9 times out of 10. Unlike Superman or Godzilla, it's not even a different continuity. Link's not using things from non canon sources. All canon. But our "holier than thou" attitude on the topic is debating removing THE most debated character in the TLOZ verse bar none because we want to stick to our indexing rules.

Sorry if I sounded too rude. But that's just how I feel.

Let's not inflate my argument with the composite nuking.

I am arguing that it would be better to have multiple profiles to keep things clearner. It's not a must, and I am simply suggesting it to make it cleaner.

The composite nuke is due to making profiles for nonexistent characters.

You want a reason for why composite Link should stay? Rules

Alternative Canon and Composite Profiles

"1) Certain franchises feature several characters that are considered as equally valid "official" versions of the character. These types of profiles can generally be created without any problems.

Ex: The Golden Age, Silver Age, and Post-Crisis versions of Superman, and the different incarnations of Link from The Legend of Zelda."

As long as this page showcases this, Link is perfectly under the rules of the wiki. We'll discuss if Composite Link should stay AFTER this page gets edited, so that we can have an objective way to see if Link fits or not. Till that time, Link is fine on the wiki. Right now, this debate is nothing short of a sh*tstorm with everyone having their own definition of what a composite needs to have in order to be accepted into the wiki.

We'll go on discussing the moment that page gets edited.

K so the major problem people had with spirit of the hero was that it would have all abilities and equipment at once, the existence of tabbers, or hell, just adding a note like Sora's profile has:

"Note 2: Despite the number of powers and abilities shown here, Sora doesn't have all of this at one time as he has different abilities depending which version of him from the games you are using him as."

That way regular viewers don't get a composite profile, just a character in the verse that exists, while we Zelda people get the composite stuff for vs threads just via compositing tabbers like Sora.

Easy as day win-win the only reason I'm seeing people disagree is that they don't want that for a vs thread, which sounds like a personal problem.

The real cal howard said:
L>It's literally the only version of Link used for VSdebating, in and out of the wiki"
This is my main argument. I don't give a f*** if we're an indexing site, we're VERSUS Battles Wiki. Comp. Link existed so long because the idea of all the canon games being fused into a single iteration like any other character is the primary idea of Link in a versus debating scenario. Nobody, and I mean nobody, specifies Link like that when going in a debate, with a very small likelihood that it's specifically OoT Link. Never have I seen "this is specifically TP Link" or "This is classic Link". It's either OoT or composite, the latter 9 times out of 10. Unlike Superman or Godzilla, it's not even a different continuity. Link's not using things from non canon sources. All canon. But our "holier than thou" attitude on the topic is debating removing THE most debated character in the TLOZ verse bar none because we want to stick to our indexing rules.

Sorry if I sounded too rude. But that's just how I feel.
I can unironically attest to this, Comp Link is my most used Link for debates and others who use Zelda characters.

"You want a reason for why composite Link should stay? Rules

Alternative Canon and Composite Profiles

"1) Certain franchises feature several characters that are considered as equally valid "official" versions of the character. These types of profiles can generally be created without any problems.

Ex: The Golden Age, Silver Age, and Post-Crisis versions of Superman, and the different incarnations of Link from The Legend of Zelda.""

This too.

Y'all tryna stress the whole "rules are rules" idea, ignoring the fact that we have it specifically written down that Link is allowed to be composited in those same gd rules.

Anyway i've stated my point here.

Simple as it can be:

• Link cannot use all the powers and equipment he has ever shown in any of the forms he has
  • The soul is not Link at all, it is his soul and doesn't fight, it is only used as a form of reincarnation, not for fighting.
Imma yeet myself outta this thread.

@The real cal Howard

I wanna composite comics Superman and Batman like that next, most everyone online don't use ******* "Post-Crisis" or "Pre-Crisis" or whatever. They're not a different continuity, Post-Flashpoint is as legit to Post-Crisis as Legend of Zelda 1 is to OoT. And I bet it'll be real popular too.

If we're gonna break rules, we're breaking them for everyone. This isn't cherry-picking favourites, people use these exceptions as justifications to push their own BS revisions

Vsbattle wiki rule are kind of low key shit tho, it keeps contradicting itself or people flat out ignores it and start being nitpicky.

And i agree with Cal people seem to have forgotten we are a Vs site first the indexing is getting out of hand.

And yeah I agree with GiverOfThePeace, people are just trying to nuke composite Link when we can all find a much more easier solution like we did for Sora.

Zark2099 said:
@The real cal Howard
I wanna composite comics Superman and Batman like that next, most everyone online don't use ******* "Post-Crisis" or "Pre-Crisis" or whatever. They're not a different continuity, Post-Flashpoint is as legit to Post-Crisis as Legend of Zelda 1 is to OoT. And I bet it'll be real popular too.

If we're gonna break rules, we're breaking them for everyone. This isn't cherry-picking favourites, people use these exceptions as justifications to push their own BS revisions
...What? Most people use Post-Crisis and Pre-Crisis, what are you talking about?

Firephoenixearl said:
Anyway i've stated my point here.
Simple as it can be:

• Link cannot use all the powers and equipment he has ever shown in any of the forms he has
  • The soul is not Link at all, it is his soul and doesn't fight, it is only used as a form of reincarnation, not for fighting.
I've already pointed this out.

>Tabbers.

>I can show you other characters that "don't fight" that still have pages, it represents all Link's. The soul also is Link. By definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back