• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Likely Speed Upgrade For The Terrarian

SauceGod1.1

He/Him
Currently the terrarian as Subsonic+ combat and LS reaction speeds which are both wrong, he isn't subsonic for reason I'll get to later and the LS reaction speed isn't his reaction if not his equipment giving him a 1/10 chance to dodge any attack which is not reaction speed since the terrarian himself is not reacting.

I propose upgrading his combat and reaction speed to MHS+ since there are two cases for lightning speed reactions, Both the Lunatic Cultist and the vortexian shoot bolts of lightning (LC, V I couldn't find images so I found this vid and it's at 10:30), Thought the LC's lightning can just be manic and it's impossible to prove if it's slower or faster than lightning, but the vortexian's lighting should be considered not only because it looks and works like actual lightning leaders but if you look in the background there are multiple flashes of lightning, and since here we give the pillar a Likely 5-C tier for being able to move the moon, I suggest we give the terrarian and everyone who scales to him MSH+ combat and reactions

For one you should wait to make CRTs like this due to the forum transfer, second there is already a CRT on Terraria's speed. However don't post this stuff there because we still need to wait for the Forum transfer which is coming up in about a week or so.

(Also we would need to calculate the Terrarian's speed compared to the lightning).

Keeweed said:
For one you should wait to make CRTs like this due to the forum transfer, second there is already a CRT on Terraria's speed. However don't post this stuff there because we still need to wait for the Forum transfer which is coming up in about a week or so.
(Also we would need to calculate the Terrarian's speed compared to the lightning).
Aight. Theterrarian is able to dodge and react to lightning, he is definitely faster than it but he should have a minimum speed of over 440,000 m/s

He shouldn't have that be his minimum speed. I tried dodging that lightning the other day and it's much faster than the Terrarian. Though I'll just leave it at that until the forum transfer (though I don't think this lightning is legitimate because our lightning standards are vastly stricter than our meteorite standards and the Terrarian dodging Meteors is already pushing it apparently, also the Terrarian being High Hypersonic is much more consistent right now with the feats I calculated for the other thread).

Keeweed said:
He shouldn't have that be his minimum speed. I tried dodging that lightning the other day and it's much faster than the Terrarian. Though I'll just leave it at that until the forum transfer (though I don't think this lightning is legitimate because our lightning standards are vastly stricter than our meteorite standards and the Terrarian dodging Meteors is already pushing it apparently, also the Terrarian being High Hypersonic is much more consistent right now with the feats I calculated for the other thread).
The lightning are fast but the terrarian himself can dodge them, you have trouble but multiple people can dodge them easily meaning the terrarian ah the capability to dodge them; i already know the standards that's why it should be pushes to likely MHS+

I think the meteor revision should come first. Also they wouldn't be likely MHS+ because there isn't a calculation. You can dodge the Starfury's stars easily but it's still 4 times faster than the Terrarian, a similar example would be The Saltbor they can easily dodge lightning but got high hypersonic results because of how they dodged it. Same thing with DnD you can easily dodge lightning, but it got high hypersonic results.

I could try calculating the Terrarian compared to the lightning when I get home a few days from now, but it probably isn't going to get better results than the meteors, plus that lightning was rejected as real lightning in a previous thread and you haven't made an argument to why we should count it as real.

Keeweed said:
I think the meteor revision should come first. Also they wouldn't be likely MHS+ because there isn't a calculation. You can dodge the Starfury's stars easily but it's still 4 times faster than the Terrarian, a similar example would be The Saltbor they can easily dodge lightning but got high hypersonic results because of how they dodged it. Same thing with DnD you can easily dodge lightning, but it got high hypersonic results.
I could try calculating the Terrarian compared to the lightning when I get home a few days from now, but it probably isn't going to get better results than the meteors, plus that lightning was rejected as real lightning in a previous thread and you haven't made an argument to why we should count it as real.
I can calc it easily and i did make an argument as to Hwy the vortexian lightning should be considered

The lightning being instant in the background was the very reason the lightning the tower uses was considered illegitimate, so using it to argue why it is legitimate seems strange. Also the lightning doesn't come from clouds and just appears in the sky, finally it doesn't conduct with water (bullets in Terraria slow down in water and certain attacks don't work in water, so Terraria clearly has the ability to give water special properties).

Keeweed said:
The lightning being instant in the background was the very reason the lightning the tower uses was considered illegitimate, so using it to argue why it is legitimate seems strange. Also the lightning doesn't come from clouds and just appears in the sky, finally it doesn't conduct with water (bullets in Terraria slow down in water and certain attacks don't work in water, so Terraria clearly has the ability to give water special properties).
The lightning bolt appear when a vortexian dies, it doesn't just appear out of the sky, WDYM it doesn't conduct with water? also the lightning in the background is instant because of how far away it is, of course you aren't going to see it moving since it's thousands of kilometers away like you would close up to it, actually it's quite amazing th terrarian can see the lightning that clearly since even from space you cant see lightning that clearly link

I mean I would actually like to argue the Terrarian should scale to Lightning, but the meteor upgrade is already going pretty roughly, so I would prefer that thread concludes first because it would help determine how this thread goes.

Back