• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lightning Arrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lighning Arrow does not move at light speed, because Han Jee Han claims that Lightning (An average lightning bolt moves at 224,000mph/Mach 291.94449) moves at the speed of Light (Mach 874,030) which is obviously not true. Light is more than a thousand times faster that lightning going by their mach numbers. The reason why he cliamed so was most likely because the author doesn't know their speeds.

http://www.*************/manga/the_gamer/c157/ (You can even see the Tsukkomi's saying that's wrong.)
P001
This is wrong.

if that's how the author wrote it that's what it is in his universe unless YOU wrote this anime I believe that's how the author wanted lightning to work.

I don't see why you made this thread. We know that nothing in the verse is light speed, and tops out around Mach 3600. Though, we do use the lightning speed of Mach 1300 or something like that.

Err... It's been stated numerous times that the lightning arrow is impossible to dodge unless one can move at the speed of light. This isn't an assumption made by people. It's the literal description of the ability. We can't argue that the author doesn't know what they're thinking about. There's things called magic lightning after all.

@The real cal howard

This works doubly in that the main character's ability means that everything described in it is written plainly. If it says it moves at light speed, it's like reading an in-game description of what an attack does.

@Cal It's cool

@Reppuzan pretty much. It's not something undeniable. In fact Jee-Han dealt with lasers recently that interacted like actual lasers.

FaaawkYouMean said:
if that's how the author wrote it that's what it is in his universe unless YOU wrote this anime I believe that's how the author wanted lightning to work.
So we just ignore any knowledge of Physics? I get that it's fictional but we still use feats and calcs based upon maths and physics. And just because The author says it doesn't mean that he's right especially when he has ABSOLUTLEY NO KNOWLEDGE OF PHYSICS. This is quite obviously hyperbole and if we engage in the "it's just fiction" or the "the author wrote it so it's right" (which is only viable for something as a characters heigh or other miscelleneous shit) then we should just forget all the other calcs and scans. It's obviously bullshit and should be removed, and @CoreOfimBalance(COB) you actually need ******* clarification on how lasers work.

@Rinkaku

First of all. Cool it. There's no reason to get huffy over this and you're being plain rude to a user who has not done anything to you.

Secondly, the nature of Jee-Han's ability makes the explanations it gives extremely straightforward. It states that it's been imbued with the power of lightning. It is not lightning. In addition, considering the fact that he's pelted everyone with this attack without them dodging it, the idea that it would be much faster than his normal projectile speed is not implausible as it has certainly lived up to the hype.

"wahh, wahhh, somebody called me stupid for saying something stupid". Really? And what you (Reppuzan) say also makes no sense. If it's been imbuded with the properties of lightning then is SHOULDN'T MOVE AT LIGHT SPEED. Or are you going to nit-pick and say bullcrap like "oh it's only some properties". Just because he's pelted his attck at characters that barely moves faster than Mach 20 and they don't dodge it does not mean it moves at light speed. Jesus Christ.

@RinkakuKagune

Seriously, cool it. This is your final warning. Mocking others who are simply trying to make a point isn't helping yours.

Who's to say that Lightning-imbued attacks can't be Lightspeed? Remember that this is magical lightning, not actual lightning. We have numerous characters on the site who can shoot electricity while fighting at lightspeed or higher.

Case i point.

@RinkakuKagune dude I know from personal experience that if you keep acting the way you are then you're going to be banned in like the next few comments. You can state and argue your opinion without getting intense. Btw Reppuzan is part of the staff so antagonizing him is a really bad idea

Funny thing is Repp didnt even say he was stupid. Also with an old update, Jee-Han can move at MHS speed. Only Mach 20 my ass.

Also you're gonna get banned soon if you keep this up. Not that you have done anything else aside from complain on this page it seems.

@Rinkaku You are making yourself look like a fool just to let you know. By your logic:

Leo Aiolia shouldn't have FTL attacks.

Jupitermo shouldn't have FTL-Infinite speed attacks.

Your logic fails horribly. I suggest you learn some respect before you get banned.

I guess every light user cannot be Infinite or immeasurable either.....Let me just close this as nothing will come of it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back