• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
So McGee (Camp Lakebottom) finds the Throwback Gem that shoots beams of light so I wanted to a Lightspeed attack speed with it on his profile but I thought it best to make a thread before adding this to get it accepted first.

Here is the episode. I put the time stamps so you don't need to watch the whole thing unless you want.

At 0:29 you can see it shoot the beam in a straight line

At 0:40 Armond states "Anything caught in it's light will devolve"

At 1:25 Rosebud states "We must reverse the sun beam through it."

At 3:10 McGee attempts to change Buttsquat back but it doesn't work and McGee states it must need more sunlight to work.

At 9:38 McGee can now fire the beams again do to being above ground and directly in the sunlight so his hunch about needing direct sunlight was correct.

Going by the episode, the Throwback Gem is firing beams of sunlight. It moves in a straight line, it is called light, it is stated to fire sun beams and it needs sunlight to even work so it is using actual sunlight. Now the beam never reflects or refracts of anything but that's because it always hits a target. It doesn't have any anti feats as far as I'm aware. So, is this enough for Light Speed attack speed for the Throwback Gem?.

From what i'm seeing here.

• The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources
  • It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera
It meets 1 requirement? Being straight isn't one of things used as evidence.

Oh, I thought moving in a straight line was a thing. My bad.

Well, I guess it only meets one requirement but the fact that it is using actual sunlight as the source of the beam is something.

If it's using real sunlight then there should be no discussion right?

I'm not sure if it is actually using real sunlight and the Gem is just a medium but if it is then there should be no argument.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Oh, I thought moving in a straight line was a thing. My bad.
Well, I guess it only meets one requirement but the fact that it is using actual sunlight as the source of the beam is something.
I think that would be fine yes

Well since it seems like the gem is using real sunlight in order to transform, then yeah this should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back