• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Leviamon vs Madoka Kaname

Status
Not open for further replies.
That... uh? Don't know what to say...

Ah I see, for a second there I was confused, as I had come to understand the term as basically you were lying the entire time or something.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Alphamon's sealing attack. It was purge the soul of a souless being......Don't ask questions......
I'm asking a question. How. Was it explicitly stated that Alphamon was purging Dexmon's soul? Does Alphamon's ability explicitly state it purges the soul? Is that the only thing it does or could it have been doing something else when it was used on Dexmon? What information do we have to say Dexmon doesn't have a soul?

SomebodyData said:
That... uh? Don't know what to say...
Ah I see, for a second there I was confused, as I had come to understand the term as basically you were lying the entire time or something.
Oh no. He was using bullshitting in its "school/uni/college" variation, which means writing anything that could possibly work and hoping something sticks.

Yeah, but again this is assuming the True Demon Lord's karma is superior to that. I mean one of the True Demon Lords is Lucemo so yeah... But this is speculation and assumptions. Logical Assumptions, but assumptions nonetheless.

@Monarch

For Alphamon's part it is Digitalize of Soul. Copy/Pasted from his file.

"Ultimate-Battle-Blade-OURYUKEN (þ®ÂµÑÁµêªÕêâþÄïþ½£Õëú Kyükyokusenjin Ouryüken, lit. "Ultimate-Battle-Blade-Ouryu-Sword"): Swings the Ouryuken to crush the opponent with Alphamon's and Ouryumon's combined power. He can combine this ability with Digitalize of Soul to purge the opponent's soul and seal them within the fabric of reality, never to awaken again."

For Dexmon. Him being souless comes from his official description.

"Since it doesn't have its own Digicore, this type of program cannot be classified as a Digimon, and although it appears solid, it has no actual substance. If it detects a Digicore it will absorb it into its body and disassemble it, then reassemble it in a perpetually repeating set of processes named "Process 0" through "Process F"."

Digicores are the equivalent to a being's Mind, Body, Soul and Power.

I see, similar to Soul Gems actually, although you can change body and mind.

Understandable, although I think I'll just remain slightly towards Madoka due to this hanging on the nature of Karma.

Yeah, Karma is kinda a new concept. So all we know is that whatever happens to the Demon Lord and proportionate amount of Karma will be dealt to the sinner. From BFR, Soul Erase, Erasure, Conceptual Punishment, etc.

I see, if they're still developing the karma ability, this thread may be outdated soon lol

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth expanded Digimon soooo much, answered a ton of question but left a ton of questions unanswered while adding a whole bunch of new ones. That game is the reason why we have 2-A and Low 1-C Digimon. And they still have yet to confirm the exact amount of Higher Dimensions there are. Then they give us all this Demon Lord info and yet they don't fully explain everything.

Sigh, Maybe Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory will expand on this stuff.....

@SD

I don't fully understand if the "slightly towards Madoka" means "Madoka 6/10" or "inconclusive most of the times"

Dragonmasterxyz said:
@Monarch
For Alphamon's part it is Digitalize of Soul. Copy/Pasted from his file.

"Ultimate-Battle-Blade-OURYUKEN (þ®ÂµÑÁµêªÕêâþÄïþ½£Õëú Kyükyokusenjin Ouryüken, lit. "Ultimate-Battle-Blade-Ouryu-Sword"): Swings the Ouryuken to crush the opponent with Alphamon's and Ouryumon's combined power. He can combine this ability with Digitalize of Soul to purge the opponent's soul and seal them within the fabric of reality, never to awaken again."
Did Alphamon use Digitalize of the Soul or UBBO on dexmon?

Is it actually treated as something amazing that should be impossible in-universe, or is it possible it was just PIS and the authors forgot about Dexmon not having a soul? Purging the soul of a soulless being sounds like its the sort of thing that would come from that.

Well wouldn't be the first time since these guys also have statements of killing death itself (And I mean the concept of Death being killed) and such. This was legit. Weird, but legit. There are other verses that did worse.

Well, I personally do not see why using Soul Hax on a soulless being is impossible. Just as some characters can inflict damage on incorporeal beings I believe it is possible for some to reach the soul of soulless beings through a Soul Hax of a very high level.

I mean, if someone puts a soul inside of the body of someone who is soulless, the second character shouldn't be tied to its new soul anyway, and removing it from the body shouldn't really cause any harm. Because the soul isn't a real part of their being.

Executor N0 said:
Well, I personally do not see why using Soul Hax on a soulless being is impossible. Just as some characters can inflict damage on incorporeal beings I believe it is possible for some to reach the soul of soulless beings through a Soul Hax of a very high level.
I see why it should be impossible. Attacking an incorporeal being is possible because they are still there, they are just ... incorporeal. Using soul hax on a soulless being is the same as using soul hax on nothing at all - it shouldn't have any effect.

The Darkness in Supernatural can do the exact same thing (Suck out the souls of beings that don't actually have souls).

@kaltias Madoka 5.5/10, so for Madoka.

Of course, this thread is about to become redundant soon lol.

Leviamon isn't really getting abilities giving him the upper hand though?

@Kaltias Yes, and no.

He would have to activate his ability at the beginning of the fight, and literally, attempt to destroy everything. However, I'm not sure he is able to destroy everything at once, if not he would have to essentially play a guessing game until he hits Madoka's concept. If he can, then gg Madoka.

@Dragon ^

So, we consider this an inconclusive or you guys feel like continuing the debate?

Considering what come up here, i doubt that they respectively have the tools to kill each other, unless Leviamon has feats of messing with other 2-A beings conceptually. Madoka definitely doesn't.

Anyway @Dragon do you mind closing this? Both went trough quite a few revisions meaning that all the upper part of the debate is outdated at this point. As well as the fact that this was kind of a necro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back