• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We already saw the birdcage tank the meteor. Of course, the birdcage was mostly a plo device, but Fuji himself wasn't worried about the meteor killing him. I think it's silly to not scale the admirals to this.

Captain Torch said:
We already saw the birdcage tank the meteor. Of course, the birdcage was mostly a plo device, but Fuji himself wasn't worried about the meteor killing him. I think it's silly to not scale the admirals to this.
The Birdcage is calced to be Island level+ via the meteor. Not Large Island level.

Anyone Admiral tier and up should scale to the Meteors, yeha. Its just similar how we handle things with different series as well.

RavenSupreme said:
Anyone Admiral tier and up should scale to the Meteors, yeha. Its just similar how we handle things with different series as well.
Despite the fact that no other character has shown anything on that level?

Fujitora's meteors range massively in scale from a couple dozen meters across to 2 kilometres. Saying everyone automatically scales to the highest-end attack we've seen from him seems just a huge leap.

Damage3245 said:
RavenSupreme said:
Despite the fact that no other character has shown anything on that level?
Fujitora's meteors range massively in scale from a couple dozen meters across to 2 kilometres. Saying everyone automatically scales to the highest-end attack we've seen from him seems just a huge leap.
To give you a direct counter example: We scale Irenes Sub-Rela Meteor for everyones speed who is higher in the food chain, despite the next best thing we have seen was merely MHS and no one has shown anything even remotely close to what she has done. Its just how these things are handled.

That's literally how scaling works. We've seen multiple things to confirm that Admirals and up can be scaled from Fujitora's meteor just like what we do with most verses. And I really don't mean to be rude or anything but Damage you seem really desperate to low ball everything as much as you can, which all respect due.

RavenSupreme said:
To give you a direct counter example: We scale Irenes Sub-Rela Meteor for everyones speed who is higher in the food chain, despite the next best thing we have seen was merely MHS and no one has shown anything even remotely close to what she has done. Its just how these things are handled.
No offense but that seems equally crazy - but I'm not a fan / very knowledgeable on Fairy Tail so I can't comment on that.

I thought you were aware of the approach on these matters. If you were not, I can understand the confusion.

RavenSupreme said:
I thought you were aware of the approach on these matters. If you were not, I can understand the confusion.
I understand how VS Battles works - I just think that this is a new low. Even on the powerscaling page it recommends scaling people based on feats where possible.

If people are saying "I can't believe Fujitora is the only one with a High 6-C attack, it's ridiculous", it's that an Argument from Incredulity Fallacy?

Well, Aokiji has an Island level+ feat, and it seemed to be casual. I don't find it farfetched that Whitebeard, Shanks, Big Mom, Kaido, Blackbeard, and Akainu would be Large Island level. Maybe Sengoku and Monkey D. Dragon as well.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
Let's not dive into Fallacies Damage, you've been using them since the start of this thread.
Let's not start causing shit Rin, we don't need that either

Feats boil down to a given Energy value exerted. It does not matter in what way the Energy value we found was created. The scaling begins with the question whether or not other characters can, going by the feat from character A which resulted in the exerted Energy value 1 be expected to exert a similar level of energy.

In terms of OP, where the power hierarchy even inverse is reasonably well explained the assessment of people on the same tier being able to exert a similar level of energy is what is appropriate. This is not to be seen in terms of upgrades, since the verse already has the accepted value given due to character As feat, but a question of scaling - which is agreed upon (as for every other series unless we involve hax).

Captain Torch said:
No need to be agressive guys. Despite disagreeing with Damage, I see where he's coming from. Not everyone who disagrees with an upgrade is automatically a "hater desperately trying to lowball OP"
Agreed. He actually likes One Piece quite a lot.

Since I clearly cannot prevent this scaling from being adopted, let's look at who should actually scale.

One line of reasoning: "There's no way Kaido should be hurt from Fujitora's strongest meteors."

So Kaido's durability, and anyone who can harm him, would scale.

Second line of reasoning: "There's no way Fujitora has a stronger attack than Akainu / the Yonkou".

So Akainu, Kaido, Whitebeard, Shanks, Big Mom, Blackbeard and people directly comparable to them would scale.

Obviously I think the first line is better than the second line because that at least has a bit more basis to it, even if I don't agree that the basis is 100% solid.

Rin's suggested wording seems fine, although I prefer "Should be able to withstand attacks from Fujitora".

I wasn't mentioning the reasoning on the profiles, but the reasoning for who should scale.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
Anyway so far I'll count everyone in agreement to keeping the current scaling.

Against the downgrades: 13 (Calaca, Nedge, Captain Torch, Stefano4444, Ant, Dragon Emperor, The Causality, Astral King, Schnee One, Sir Silent and me. )

For: 1 (Damage. )
Count me against as well. It makes no sense to believe that Fujitora has the ability to casually defeat a Yonko and other Admirals.

I'll post everything I remember from this and many previous threads later but yeah. That thread is better than this so you can close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back