• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's See How This Goes (Oryx vs The Quiet Deviless)

the difference between Material and True Oryx matches is that Material Oryx probably stomps due to Taking and True Oryx stomps by making his enemy a square

What is the functionality of Taking? it's existence erasure, but what beyond that? She resists existence erasure, and has other counters to It as well

Taking is all those abilities listed right before it. Oryx's immortality is based on his second key.

I'm about to sleep so this is all you'll get off of me for a while.

Law Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation, Reality Warping, Existence Erasure, Mind Manipulation, Body Puppetry and Possession via his ability to Take (The ability to Take passively erases existence in the area around them, which destroys foes and resurrects them as taken subservient to the will of Oryx, Oryx notably is able to Take beings such as the Vex, who are acausal and exist simultaneously at every point in time. Here Oryx's ability to take is referred to as an "ontological weapon", likening it to the Vex Gorgons that can retroactively erase things from time across multiple timelnes. Oryx can also use each of these abilities excluding conceptual manipulation, body puppetry, and possession independently from one another in his material form for a variety of different applications, although law manipulation in the material realm is limited otherwise. Before even becoming a god, Auryx's will alone could warp laws)

it does this

That reminds me I need to make that passage worded better

Oh well I'll do it tomorrlw

Would it bypass her existence erasure resistance, and her resistence to everything there except for body puppetry?

Worst comes to worst I can give her Intel so she can know to go into her non-existent form

Taking is definitely above anything in Fallen London in terms of those abilities

Taking is > Vex Gorgons which can conceptually erase things across the Vault of Glass, which is 2-B iirc

Gorgons don't conceptually erase you from the VoG. As for the match I think that giving her Intel is the least you could do.

Hl3 or bust said:
Taking is definitely above anything in Fallen London in terms of those abilities
Taking is > Vex Gorgons which can conceptually erase things across the Vault of Glass, which is 2-B iirc
Can it erase non-existent beings?

pretty sure unless she has an alien mind by the standards of Oryx, she gets Taken because of it's pseudo-resistence bypassing thing

that's not the point

Unless they 1: resist 4-D all of the shit Taking can do or 2: are somehow immune to coercion and manage to survive being Taken they get Taken

that's irrelevant because with the new nonexistent physiology, her mind is still able to be affected and that's all Oryx needs to Take

The Fingerkings literally desperately want to exist, and her parabola form is similar, although she can become existent if she wants to unlike them

where is it stated that her mind is also nonexisted when she wants it to be?

this still gives no defense against the coercion thing that Taking does

Hl3 or bust said:
No? It's retroactive and very through, to the point where all memory of the target is lost unless the Vex say otherwise, but not conceptual.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Since when is Oryx mindhax 4-D?
It should be, as it works off of channeling The Darkness itself which should be > the ascendant plane itself (which is at least a universe) trying to break minds.

Hl3 or bust said:
this still gives no defense against the coercion thing that Taking does
To elaborate on what he's saying here: The Darkness isn't always aggressive in its mindhax. It'll demonstrate the greatness one can achieve if they're taken, stripping away all their fears, inhibitions, and other negative emotions, leaving the target in a state of uninhibited bliss. Contrary to what was initially thought by the Vanguard, the Taken aren't in a constant state of pain. They are in a constant state of abject ecstasy. As such, most just end up serving the darkness of their own will. It is through this that Taking can sorta bypass regular mindhax resistance if necessary, as if the victim accepts being Taken I don't think they're really gonna try to resist.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Like who? Who has Oryx fought who is nonexistent?
I don't think he ever has, but I don't see why he can't establish a law forcing things into existence. There's also how he has access to a bunch of Vex tech, who can also force things into reality. Gorgons erased Praeydth, but they still forced some memory of him back into existence to try and lure guardians into helping them when they were getting overwhelmed by Oryx's taken.

Can TQD even meaningfully affect Oryx with his regen, immortalities, resistances, and type 4?

Type 4 what? Acausality?

And The Quiet Devilless resist law manipulation

Demons are unnafected by other demons literally "revoking" the laws of nature as if they were political laws

Yeah

Oryx's law has a scaling chain to it. Has TQD got any other resistance than just that?

Has he ever established a law to force things into existence? Effecting a non-existent realm take void manip, so has he ever used his law manip and void manip in combo?

Her Law, and the Law that she resists, also have a scaling chain to them

He has access to tech that can do that and both void and law manip. The tech isn't really lawhax based.

What's hers like?

Law Manipulation in Fallen London is weird

Literally, "Laws" in Fallen London are political and logical at the same time. So characters can literally "repeal" the laws of the universe to make things logically impossible true

So is that a yes or a no?

It's really long. Imagine a government system going all the way from basic beuracracy and regulations all the way up to the stars themselves that govern multiple universes

Back