• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda speed issues

So?
Just because in those two specific clips Link is shown dodging before hand doesn't mean it's actually needed or required?
It's entirely possible for Link to dodge them after they fire, they aren't hitscan or anything. AlttP Link and WW Link don't aimdodge them, they can just dodge them like anything else in game.

Also even in that specific AlttP clip, there's zero aim-dodging, Link actually moves while the beam itself is moving, the beam taking about 3-4 frames to actually move from being fired to hitting the wall, in which Link visibly moves while it does so, so saying Link was forced to dodge ahead of time because it flashed is objectively false even regarding just that clip.

Regardless, WW Link and AlttP Link can dodge both Beamos beams after they fire just fine. Pretty sure it's the case in every game with Beamos except a single GBA title if memory serves.

The TP one can be calced, the WW one can't and I guess you could calc the ALTTP one if you could get rough sizes for Link and the room
WW Link don't aimdodge them,
WW Link outruns the aim of the Beamo firing on him. It quite literally is trying to track and follow him. The Death Battle clip also showcases the beam already being actively fired when Link is running around it. Its why that one isn't useable. Because its Link outrunning the Beamo and not the beam.

Just comparing Link's movement directly to the beam's movement in the AlttP clip gets Link's movement to be about 0.1336405529953917046c actually, so low rel.
Preferably would like a clip where he actually uses a dodge maneuver tho instead of him just moving.

My dude, why are we focused on DB clips? They're low quality as it is, and the WW clip doesn't even show the beam firing on screen. They don't even attempt to dodge the beam itself in either clip, they're bad, not worth looking into and don't actually show or attempt to even do what we need them to do.

And for AlttP, well, you're straight up wrong on that front.

My dude, why are we focused on DB clips?
Because that's what I was responding to
The TP Link thing the roll happens before the beam fires and the only forward movement Link does in that timeframe is completing a frame at the end of the roll. I guess you can get something from that.

The other two feats would just be aim dodging considering how they follow Link or Flash before firing.
We're talking about the DB clips because that was being brought up as potential evidence.
And for AlttP, well, you're straight up wrong on that front.
You're right, when I looked at it frame by frame Link does move after the beam fires.

Well, no offense to anyone, but those DB clips shouldn't be used, at all. They don't really do what we need it to do, plus, they're tiny, cropped and so on, so they have compromised quality, it's kinda not usable tbh.

Skyward Sword HD came out recently though, and there's Beamos in that game, I'm sure if I dig through some new let's plays or walkthroughs that came out when it released I'd find at least someone deflecting or dodging a beam.
We're talking about the DB clips because that was being brought up as potential evidence.
What evidence tho? We already know Link can parry Beamos beams or dodge them after they're fired, we just need actually find a clip of it to calc unless someone has a means to get the footage themselves.

What evidence tho?
Evidence as other SoL beams that we can get a number from for a calc. The thread is about finding a replacement calc for TP Link since his current one uses bad assumptions to get a speed. Unless we just solely want to use MM Link too scale to everyone not from BotW, we're looking for other showings to get Rel speed for Link.

I mean yeah I get that, but I wouldn't call that evidence. We already know for a fact it's possible, at least, I'm assuming everyone here's played the games and knows first-hand it's doable. It's less about finding evidence and more finding just a good clip to put in the math imo.

But in that case, which Links do we need a good clip of to cover the most scaling? If it's only something like OOT or what not (I'd assume every Link scales to OOT young Link to some degree, even if it takes awhile like WW only scaling come late game via Ganon).
I could try and get some emu going on to get a clip of it given they're early-game. Something like TP though takes to much time tho, I don't got like 8 hours to spend on that given how dialogue heavy the first half of that game is.

But in that case, which Links do we need a good clip of to cover the most scaling?
I feel like we'd only really need to do like, two calcs if anything
  • ALTTP Link's Beamo dodge
  • TP Link rolling out of the way of the beamo
The former is easy to do as long as we can find the right size to use and the latter should be the easiest way to do Beamo stuff since the roll animation gives a larger potential window for calcing the feat. Its been awhile since I've played SS so I don't remember what we can use there. I'm not incredibly familiar with how we do Link scaling, so SS Link being one of the oldest versions of Link might make scaling a bit harder.

217/29 = 7.4827586206896552

1/7.4827586206896552 = 0.1336405529953917046c.

I don't really like it though, quality is bad and it's low res so my pixel scaling is 100% off by at least a few pixels both ways I'd think, it's also not a real "dodge" mechanic imo, but if people think that's good enough idc, I'll just come back and clean it up when I have free time with some nice clean HD footage with a shield block or something.

TP clip is still pretty bad imo, I'll lurk through some longplays to see if a better clip can be found.

So just requested for the feat to be calced, and also did some digging just to be sure we can consider that laser as light speed and guides confirm that Ramrock is a mechanical being. So since the laser (Which also moves in a straight line) coming from a technological source, and the fact beamos exist and set a precedent for mechanical beings shooting actual lasers I think it's fine to say the lasers Ramrock fire are light speed.

Oh right this, yeah the feat got calced it was 0.15c (So actually it's the slowest realtivistic feat we have atm instead of one of the fasted like I thought it'd be), but y'know, more consistency is always good

Back