• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends General Discussion Thread 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for the fact that it has zero connections to the champions' lore. It's more in the vein of stuff like PROJECT/Odyssey videos. But go ahead and keep saying stuff without any proof whatsoever.

WeeklyBattles said:
It doesnt matter if its connected to the champions' lore, universe = canon
Off course it matters, given that there's no mention of that happening anywhere. At this point this is flat out denial and lying about basic facts.

Yes, you denying that A New Dawn is canon due to being on Universe which Riot themselves stated makes it canon is in fact flat out denial and lying about basic facts.

None of the other stories in the lore are mentioned anywhere else in any other lores, does that automatically make everything non-canon? Hell even on summoner's rift lore stuff is mentioned constantly.

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes, you denying that A New Dawn is canon due to being on Universe which Riot themselves stated makes it canon is in fact flat out denial and lying about basic facts.
I'm saying that it's irrelevant to the actual stories being told and is just a cinematic of the game, nothing more or less, just like Odyssey skins have no influence on Jinx's story in Zaun. Of course given that you seem so determined to lie about basic stuff I doubt that you could ever accept this.

WeeklyBattles said:
None of the other stories in the lore are mentioned anywhere else in any other lores, does that automatically make everything non-canon? Hell even on summoner's rift lore stuff is mentioned constantly.
It makes them inapplicable to the characters on Runeterra. And I'm surprised that you haven't heard of Easter eggs in games.

>Calling Burning Tides an easter egg

At this point im not even surprised that you think this

WeeklyBattles said:
>Calling Burning Tides an easter egg

At this point im not even surprised that you think this
Story-relevant events does not make SR canon anymore than saying that Olaf from the Olaf vs Everything is canon.

>Easily debunked lies

Gotta love how you pick and choose what WoG to follow and always go with the more vague of the two to support your argument

WeeklyBattles said:
>Easily debunked lies

Gotta love how you pick and choose what WoG to follow and always go with the more vague of the two to support your argument
Yes, because I'm the one insisting that SR is canon based off zero evidence.

Youre the one insisting its not based off of one statement where the guy literally replied that it may or may not be canon

WeeklyBattles said:
Riot stating that everything on Universe is canon is all the evidence that is necessary
And they also said that SR isn't canon, at best only for the game. Lie all you want though.

WeeklyBattles said:
The fact that theyre laughing and joking about it doesnt help your argument my dude
You mean your argument. Do you actually think that they feel that SR is canon and not just for the game?

A New Dawn obviously isn't canon anymore given that several champions featured have had retcons to their lore since. Even if it was canon the canon has since moved on and invalidated it.

Leona for example didn't have her Ascendant Lore at the time. Given that there's absolutely no reason for Leona, Ahri, Rengar, Graves, and Jax (who also had his own retcon since) to band together in the jungle and their respective areas are spread across a continent- it's clearly not "canon" to the verse anymore- if it ever was in the first place given that... people died in that video: Draven was ripped to shreads, Katarina was shot, Jax, Graves, and Nautilus were all crushed, etc.

League's not big on "hard" lore. When Nautilus' new lore broke out Scathlocke (The Lead Narrative Director) outright mentioned the possibility that maybe the guy hadn't seen Nautilus at all but was just telling tall tales to get free beer. When asked about heights Scathlocke in the same thread said there was no "official" height chart, "Where would the fun be in that?"

Best to take any canon on its own without reaching between cases unless directly referenced. And even then you should weigh the source of it, "It's not canon until it appears in a story or bio. "

Scathlocke also said that Board posts, AMAs and twits can be used as soft canon sources, whose canonicity depends on how much the said Rioter is related to the lore team. The greater his involvement in lore (like Scathlocke, Bioluminiscence, Waarghbobo, Carnival Knights), the more canon his information are.

It's canon when Riot publishes it in a product. That's standard.

(Board posts by Rioters, AMAs, Twitter etc - that stuff is "soft canon", weighted depending on how lore-focused said Rioter's role is) :)

In this case, Bioluminescence's calculations helped us plot out SOOOOO MUCH of the map. I'd always go to her for a rough idea of distances and such!

From Henkel's link:

"Anything that is not currently on Universe or the Runeterra map is not canon, and we are not guaranteeing that it will be restored in any way" - Scathlocke

"However... some old lore is going to change, completely. The Journals and the Institute, Summoner's Rift being a location, all of that is most definitely not canon anymore, and we can't cling to it when we plan out new stuff. That's not even our call to make, actually." - Scathlocke

"A final note - we're not updating lore in places other than Universe or the Runeterra map. Old stuff, while it may still be viewable online, is not necessarily still canon, if it's not on one of the newer site locations." - Scathlocke

I'm just saying- some of that seemed pretty clear.

Yes, Scathlocke answered that question when he was specifically talking about the Runeterra Map and Universe update. That's why he said Rioter Bioluminiscence's map calculations on twits and board posts are reliable sources even though they are not on the Map or Universe.

In this case, Bioluminescence's calculations helped us plot out SOOOOO MUCH of the map. I'd always go to her for a rough idea of distances and such!

And that's just the most strictly protected prime universe canon to begin with.

Btw, Scathlocke's statement says A New Dawn is canon because it's on "one of the newer site locations." on his final note. Unless A New Dawn is not on those locations, it is considered canon.

"A final note - we're not updating lore in places other than Universe or the Runeterra map. Old stuff, while it may still be viewable online, is not necessarily still canon, if it's not on one of the newer site locations." - Scathlocke

A New Dawn is non-canon only if it's not on one of the newer site locations.

Neither is Zed vs Xayah and Rakan 'canon', you know. That fight never happened in League of Legends. The cinematic just showed what would happen if they were to meet.

But of course it's still definitive proof that Zed is somewhat stronger than Xayah even though it's 'not canon'.

Once again, Zed and Xayah has never fought in League of Legends. The fight in the trailer has never happened in the actual Runeterran timeline. They likely hasn't even met. It's just the same as how Darius never actually fought Leona or Jax, but what would happen if they were to fight.

I'm saying they are equally as canon as Zed and Xayah & Rakan trailer. They don't happen in the actual timelines; they show what would happen if they were to meet.

So it's still canon that Darius is as strong as Leona or Jax. All three of the trailers take place in alternate scenarios of What-If encounters and equally canon.

Really? You don't see how it's contradictory with the current scaling?

Not to mention that it's not like everything on Universe is canon:

https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.c...ment=0002000400000001000000010000000000000000

However... what we are (I hope, consistently) saying is "Anything that is not currently on Universe or the Runeterra map is not canon, and we are not guaranteeing that it will be restored in any way". If something is not player-facing on either of those two locations right now, please don't hold your breath for it to return, because it might not, ever.

(However, MY personal pain point is that some stuff that existed before November last year is also wobbly in terms of how "canon" it is, and we just haven't gotten around to removing or updating it yet. It sucks that I am only really allowed to vaguely wave my hand and say "We're getting to it", but I can't even highlight which parts of the lore it would include.)

The only other option was to completely remove everything that wasn't considered canon last November, and then add stuff back in as we worked on it. I still feel that would have been a worse experience for players, worldwide...

But anything published since November 2017, you can have much higher confidence that we won't change it anytime soon. And lots of other stuff that is older also will not be changing. But some stuff will. I just can't really say which parts at this stage.

So far, nothing that indicates that SR and the like are canon and should be used for scaling.

You are using the argument that because the champions actually never met, the outcome of their what-if encounters is false. That Draven is not dead, Katarina and Zyra aren't dead, etc.

However, neither did Zed and Xayah meet each other. But the outcome of their What-If battle is still clear that Zed would emerge the victor. That is canon information.

By the same token, if Rengar were to fight Draven he will most likely canonically win.

You can bet my life that 5 years from now A New Dawn will still be on Universe. By then let's see if you will continue to yap and abuse the logic how "it's non-canon because Riot just didn't have time to remove it yet".

This is nothing more than your assumptions and assumptions =/= evidence. So no, unless you have evidence, we shouldn't take it as proof of character capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back