• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends General Discussion Thread 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfectly relevant to your question because I'm merely explaining why I don't care. Of course what passes as fact here won't pass as fact everywhere, everyone knows that.

Yes, based on VSB stats Widowmaker would fair better compared to general expectations. But there's nothing mind-boggling about it. While I'm a visitor under their roof, I simply follow their rules like guests would.

You're basically advocating for unsubstantiated stats in profiles, the kind of stuff that staff frown on and try to fix. It's not like these 'facts' are unchallenged here or that they shouldn't be corrected.

Irrelevant stuff to the point. This site prefers actual evidence and valid calcs, and Garen's calc is neither.

Garen's calc is the same as Overwatch's all of whose MHS speed and skyscraper-busting pistols come from the same single-characters. If that's what this site considers actual evidence and vald 'calcs' for video game universes then that's it. No more complains about what goes on under their roof. As long as the results from using the same method for both calcs match I don't see the problem. I have no issue as long as they use the same standard and not bias in favor of other video games at the expense of LoL; LoL should be treated the same as them with no difference.

Standards don't really matter when flawed assumptions and scaling are involved.

Again, you are trying to justify inaccurate stats without any proof or evidence, which isn't allowed here.

It's like editing RWBY Maidens to Tier 6 just because it 'fits' my view, regardless of the lack of evidence for said ratings.

As I've said, on this site I take no issue with LoL using the same calc method as what has been used for other video games with the same results. What's valid for one video game is valid for another.

So you are saying Overwatch's is?

(To make it clear, I think it's fine on this site. Just curious what Regis thinks on the other hand)

I don't know anything about Overwatch and I don't really care about that verse. If you feel that it has some problems then I'm not someone to ask for clarity. Don't know why you keep bringing it up when it's irrelevant.

It really isn't. I don't think ignoring the points about flawed assumptions and incorrect facts is a good thing for you. You are pretty much excusing wanked calcs just because they 'fit' your view. This stuff doesn't fly for any verse and it shouldn't here.

Again, staff are willing to change standards or make exceptions when necessary. Not like the calc in question is actually valid.

Apparently it flies for a tremendous number of verses in VSB, so there's something definitely going on here on this site regarding maintenance of universal standard for various verses.

As long as we are operating on VSB we hold each of them to the same standard.

See you back in 3 years.

Don't think that using fallacies for your argument actually helps your case here. But good job not answering my points and advocating for unsupported stats on this site.

Yes, which is not to allow wanked/incorrect calcs.

?

So allowing invalid calcs and scaling is the 'standard' now? Better tell all the admins that their work in correcting profiles is useless then as everything is allowed according to you.

Still not related to the stories, which you conveniently leave out.

The admins allowed the LoL profiles to stay, as they already did for FF7 and F/GO gameplay animations that give them Solar System busting feats. I have no problem with that because that is the standard and historical precedence they have chosen to adapt.

None of the Universe cinematics are. Particularly The Climb, its encounters are non-canon.

FGO calcs based on animations are also incorrect, so don't know why you would bring that up. Pointing to incorrect examples doesn't change the fact that Garen's calc doesn't fit by our standards. Again, using fallacies as an argument is dumb, since it means that your points are very shaky and have no proof to back them up.

It's incorrect for you, but it's correct for this site and will remain as such. That's exactly my point.

There's no use complaining about it while you choose to stay on this site, that's simply the standard VSB has chosen to take and while you are here, you conform to their culture. If you don't like it then no one stops you from leaving and trying to ignore it outside this board.

You keep acting like it shouldn't/wouldn't change when there's valid evidence for the change. Your point is invalid when people can make revisions to change/correct the profiles and staff are willing to change their minds when shown evidence.

Can you actually make an argument beyond 'the site is always right'?

Within Rome Roman rules are always right so eh...

If you are right then the staff will definitely change their minds, so no need to rush.

You do realize a poor and inconsistently applied standard isn't something to strive for? It's almost like you don't actually care for accuracy in the profiles.

Let me see if I have this right:

Heinkel- "I'm okay with League being judged like this because we judge other series like this."

Reigis- "How we judge League is wrong."

Color me stupid but it seems like the obvious solution between you two is to learn about verses and rules and set out to enforce them. If the way both franchises are being used is, "Wrong" then you can set out trying to fix it. You have to start somewhere.

If, for example, you start fixing League; others will apply the same revisions to other verses- like the hypothetical Overwatch. It's just like how lightning revisions spread out across franchises when that was put into place.

We don't treat League any differently than any other verse on this wiki, it follows the same standards as everything else

Reigis seems to believe those standarda are flawed and I can't say I find what he says wrong, or certainly not an invalid argument at least.

Factually you cannot compare the champions using cinematics to 'prove' they can scale because the champions in these cinematics have sometimes greatly changed since they appeared in them- both in lore and kit. They simply are no longer the same being. How can you scale anyone to Garen for example when Garen's ultimate has changed visually and mechanically from when that cinematic was made? Garen's also had a lore update since as well.

Not to mention these cinematics often defy the actual scaling used in them. Nautilus was factually defeated by a giant rock falling on him- and that was not Town Level by any stretch of the imagination. During that same cinematic Nautilus was literally stomping everyone he fought with sheer physical strength so insisting they're all somehow above the thing that defeated Nautilus makes no sense.

Edit: Actually it does make sense if you acknowledge Garen's ult isn't some orbital strike that would level a town but instead was exactly what it was- him conjuring up a sword a short distance up that fell and destroyed a stone ceiling.

Except not only have we already acknowledged that Garen's ultimate is inacurate and have done so for quite some time, but we don't scale based on non-canon cinematics. This does not invalidate the 17 other calculated tier 7 feats present in the verse and the fact that there is a legitimate a scaling chain in the written lore that regis refuses to acknowledge.

Garen's scaling is listed on practically every League champion's page though- same as Kled. If those feats are "inaccurate" then shouldn't you be listing one of these "other tier 7 feats" that exist as the generalization?

Said scaling chains are small and only affect specific champions from specific regions and comes from the new and updated lore, where they never fought or even met other champions that you are saying that they are comparable to. Unless you want to say that Kayn, who has never fought people that could go against Ascendants can scale from Ascendants (Its just an example.) because old Nasus was fighitng Zed in an outdated cinematic. And that can describe our current profiles.

Garen's ulimate was changed years ago, so we can't really use the original calc.

Friendlysociopath said:
Garen's scaling is listed on practically every League champion's page though- same as Kled. If those feats are "inaccurate" then shouldn't you be listing one of these "other tier 7 feats" that exist as the generalization?
Yes, ive been gradually removing the scaling to garen from all of the profiles

SchroKatze said:
Unless you want to say that Kayn, who has never fought people that could go against Ascendants can scale from Ascendants (Its just an example.) because old Nasus was fighitng Zed in an outdated cinematic. And that can describe our current profiles.
Wait I actually don't know of that one off the top of my head- what cinematic had Zed vs Nasus?

An old, old trailer for the game

Although it'd like to point out Rhaast would actually scale to Nasus

What about using Worlds and Stick Spotlight to scale? Since Riot actually uses them on championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back