• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends discussion Thread 7

Yeah, I've seen that, but there's nothing about Bard sealing a Watcher, unless I'm missing something. Only seems to talk about a constellation that has to do with the Watchers, same way there are ones that have to do with Shurima and Mordekaiser, apparently.

And where's that stated? That story only seems to be about a guy talking about the constellations, there doesn't seem to be anything indicating that Bard created them, much less that those stars are an actual sealed Watcher, and not just a representation. I doubt there's a sealed Shurima up there either.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Infinite The entire page is about things Bard has done
This isn't exactly the proof he's asking for and you know it. Come on, isn't there a single line anywhere that says Bard sealed a Watcher? Otherwise get rid of headcanons.

That is the proof he's asking for, that is where his feat of sealing a Watcher comes from.

Bard never sealed a Celestial, he sealed a Watcher.

Good to know youre perfectly fine with insulting people without even knowing the context of the situation though.

The page itself doesn't seem to state that. Is there any citation from a Rioter about this?

Even then, like I said, doesn't seem to be an actual sealed Watcher there, much like I doubt Shurima is actually there either. As far as I remember from the lore, the Watchers were all sealed by Lissandra.

Also, would they even have that non-existance outside of the void? Their wiki page says that they have physical forms in Runeterra:

While in the Void, the Watchers are formless beings, reflecting the nothingness of the Void. In the material world, the physical appearance of the Watchers is seen in the short story, The Eye in the Abyss, where they appear to possess nearthly "tentacled limbs" surrounding a great, lidless eye. According to Missing Link, they may also possess horns of some sort.

@Infinite Look at the last tab of the page

Watchers dont even exist (or well nonexist) outside of the Void, once they leave the Void theyre no longer Watchers

WeeklyBattles said:
That is the proof he's asking for, that is where his feat of sealing a Watcher comes from.

Bard never sealed a Celestial, he sealed a Watcher.

Good to know youre perfectly fine with insulting people without even knowing the context of the situation though.
This isn't proof at all. All it shows is constellations Bard might have made. Nothing about sealing an actual Watcher and how disingenuous of you to pretend otherwise and keep using headcanon.

I've read the last tab, and it only talks about how Bard created that constellation, as seen in that video when he was launched. The story is just a guy talking about contellations and what they mean, the first three don't seem to actually have anything to do with Bard himself. And, as I mentioned, is there any proof that's an actual Watcher there anyway? Could be just a representation, like Shurima . . .

Didn't the Watchers leave the Void to rule Freljord? Then there was a rebellion and they got sealed by Lissandra. Bard's supposed sealing is outside the Void anyway, so he wouldn't be affecting a non-existent being regardless.

No, they didnt, they manipulated Lissandra into betraying her sister, theyre physically incapable of leaving the Void. Yes, he would be sealing a nonexistent being as he would have sealed them from within the Void where theyre nonexistent

The watchers don't change their nature outside the void, voidlings and the watchers are different creatures. Physical appearance s is just what they look like nothing to do with their actual physiology.

WeeklyBattles said:
No, they didnt, they manipulated Lissandra into betraying her sister, theyre physically incapable of leaving the Void. Yes, he would be sealing a nonexistent being as he would have sealed them from within the Void where theyre nonexistent
Saying stuff without supportive evidence is meaningless and I'm not sure why we should take a constellation as ironclad proof that he sealed a Watcher when it's not mentioned anywhere.

InfiniteSped said:
Then how did Lissandra seal them if they weren't there in the first place?
I mean they were coming out, just still in the void portal, she likely froze them alongside the portal. Also remember that iceborns gained power from the void itself.

"The Void erupted into the mortal world in the far north, and with it, Lissandra's hidden allegiance to the Watchers became undeniable. In that moment, her only choices were to let all the world be consumed, or to give up what she cared for most—Lissandra sacrificed her sisters and the allies they had gathered, entombing the Watchers beneath a glacial barrier of magical ice that could never be melted.

Lissandra soon discovered that even this elemental power was not enough. The monstrous beings she had frozen were merely slumbering, slowly tainting the True Ice around them into something darker.
Now, they wandered through Lissandra's dreams as easily as she had theirs, and always she would wake, terrified, professing her loyalty to the chilling eternity they promised."

https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/champion/lissandra/

I was gonna keep arguing, but this non-existence stuff never makes sense to me . . .

Regardless, is there any actual indication that Bard really sealed a Watcher? That story itself doesn't say it.

InfiniteSped said:
I was gonna keep arguing, but this non-existence stuff never makes sense to me . . .

Regardless, is there any actual indication that Bard really sealed a Watcher? That story itself doesn't say it.
It's not said anywhere and a constellation isn't proof when one can make a constellation without needing to seal stuff. Should be removed, I'd say.

I don't think his profile actually mentions that, it's just something Weekly brought up to suppost his ability to seal Meng Hao.

InfiniteSped said:
I don't think his profile actually mentions that, it's just something Weekly brought up to suppost his ability to seal Meng Hao.
So another headcanon being applied as fact. Great.

Man Regis you just dont know how to have a conversation without making insults towards someone every time you type something do you?

WeeklyBattles said:
Man Regis you just dont know how to have a conversation without making insults towards someone every time you type something do you?
Weekly, you're an admin passing off made up stuff as facts. I don't think there's anything more insulting I can say or do than that.

Back