• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Discussion Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, the chain of reasoning made to support Fiora scaling to Jax is very unreliable and not fit for scaling on this site.

Kai,sa can one-shot rift herald and has been in contact with the void for far longer than malz

Rhaast,Aatrox,Varus Darkin fought the void on their planet already and as these guys are strongest of their race they should scale

Elise shares power with Vilemaw a creature more or less equal to baron nashor

Fiora is a rival

RegisNex1232 said:
Rivalry isn't enough, as an example, Vegeta considered Goku his rival yet for most of DBZ he was consistently portrayed as weaker, only recently being made an equal (until the Mastered UI Goku transformation).
Vegeta being rivals with Goku actually largely supports Jax's rivalry with Fiora... they almost always end up with similar stats in each DBZ arc. Both Vegeta and Goku were planet level in Saiyan Saga, both were small star level in Namek Saga, both became Solar System level in Cell Saga, etc. It's not a recent thing. In which saga were the two ever apart by entire orders of magnitude?

I mean you can try to come up with any number of other examples but Vegata-Goku rivalry certainly isn't it.

RegisNex1232 said:
Alright, the chain of reasoning made to support Fiora scaling to Jax is very unreliable and not fit for scaling on this site.
No its not and yes it is

Gameplay and vague statement, since we don't know in detail how contact with Void energy exactly affects one's powers.

Better to make a calculation of it based on the monsters we've seen in pictures and comic rather than just statements.

Statement with no supporting proof.

Same as above.

@Regis Have you even read the new lore? Its explicitly shown in both the stories and the comics exactly what Void Energy can do.

At that size a tier via sheer size is justified

The Devs stated that Vilemaw is on the Baron's level

Not at all vague

Regis, you really need to cut this attitude of "Im right and everyone else is wrong no matter what"

Very well, how about Kiba and Lee's rivalry with Naruto? During the Fourth Ninja War, where we can clearly see a massive difference in their power. Either way, there's not a lot of proof to justify Fiora being in the same tier other than 'Rivalry' which isn't hard evidence.

This isn't a proper argument Weekly.

So far all you've given as evidence are statements, without any analysis, calculations or sources to support your argument.

You've forgotten the part where it's shown/proven that characters Y, S, D and G are stronger/comparable to X, via reliable statements/fights. Which is missing in scaling Fiora to Jax.

Regis, the only one who dosnt think this is legit is you and all youre doing to say its not legit is claim that you dont think its legit. Multiple reliable members of staff and knowledgeable members on the verse say its legit. Just stop this already.

Except that's not what happens here. Jax only thinks that Fiora is worth fighting, before said fight actually happens and we don't get to see the results to know if he was right or wrong in his assumption.

I've pointed out the lack of evidence in the claims you're making, and you're ignoring everything I've said.

ShrekAlmighty said:
Weekly when are we to apply changes?(At least to those that scale to Malz)
We can apply them right now

Also can i point out that Malz's feat and Maokai's feat have exactly the same yield?

Also i think 8.2 magnitude should be used as it had opened fault Lines meaning multiple so saying its comparable to the earthquake assault mentioned seems to be fair(as it affected only one fault line)

@Regis That is exactly what happens here. Jax beat 15 guys who were weaker than him and then instantly recognized someone who is as strong as himself.

Everything youve said is incorrect

He never thinks of her as strong as himself, where is that shown.

'"That would be me" said a woman dismounting a gray gelding at the end of the bridge. Her horse's flanks were lathered with sweat, her cloak dusty from a hard ride. She wore a silversteel breastplate, and a long-bladed sword was scabbarded at her hip.

She marched past the men at the end of the bridge and strode toward him, moving with a perfect economy of motion, utterly in balance and supremely confident in her skill. Her features were angular and patrician, framed by dark hair streaked with crimson. Her eyes were cold and unforgiving. They promised only death.

"Who are you?" asked Jax, intrigued.

"My name is Fiora of House Laurent" she said, drawing her weapon, a dueling saber that gleamed with a perfect edge. "And this is my bridge."

Jax grinned beneath his mask.

Finally, an opponent worth fighting!'

Where in those lines is there an acknowledgement of her being his equal?

No, you've only said that, dodging all attempts to argue against it.

This is getting annoying frankly. If you asked the Riot devs whether they now intended the Grand Duelist to be the peer equal of Grandmaster at Arms, they will answer yes and you know it. You are just using the purely technical fact that they have chosen not to overtly say as such (merely as part of a storytelling measure) just to stall an upgrade.

To a vast majority of League of Legends players and Riot devs it's already clear as day from Jax's first ever reworked story that Fiora is now his newest equal. You are merely abusing a pure technicality at this point.

He literally acknowledges her as a worthy opponent, it cant be any clearer

Me, Heinkel, Shrek, Ever, Assalt, and Prom have all told you the same thing, you simply refuse to listen

an opponent worth fighting!

Tell me again; do humans consider ants, whose sheer 'strength' is orders of magnitude apart from them, as worthy opponent, or pest control?

They've never given an answer, so I'm not going to assume anything. And I'm not using a technicality, I'm pointing out that the blatant lack of evidence and information means we cannot use an impression made at the start of a fight as proper justification to scale the two of them.

Youre using an assumption by saying that Jax acknowledging Fiora as an equal isnt legit. That is all the evidence that is needed to justify them being the same tier here.

It's not 'they've never given an answer', it's rather 'they don't even need to'. They don't need to for the simple reason that to people who are not biased to begin with the answer they've given with Jax's last statement at the end of his iconic color story is already very blatantly obvious.

Weekly am i allowed to apply the changes and what reasoning should i give for malzahar

im not sure about how i should phrase his reasoning

Jax never acknowledges her as his equal, that's all on you and Heinkel assuming that he is based on his words. A specific interpretation of his words which may not be right, considering that it is made before they fight, where he might change his mind.

The exclamation an opponent worth fighting! was written by Riot devs themselves. From Out-of-universe perspective the answer is already painfully clear enough for documentation. It's a blatant homage to the trope that great warriors could already feel each others' strength right from their first impressions, even.

The narrative never says that they are equals and implications are not evidence, especially when there isn't any other proof supporting the scaling (apart from a fight we never see or get a result of).

It does not matter if we never see the fight, hell they could never write the fight ever and it wouldnt matter. When a guy who can kill 7-B characters says that his opponent is actually worth fighting and he considers her his rival, there is no reason whatsoever so assume she's not on his level.

Yes it does matter, as the fight is the main source of evidence that would support the argument, not character assumptions that can change over time.

Riot will not ever write Fiora as an opponent worth fighting if her strength is orders of magnitude apart from Jax's. Ever. LoL gamers are a lot more simple in how they interpret the lore than you think; they never engage in the kind of mental gymnastics you always do to interpret things a certain way. They always gun for the most straightforward interpretation of stories that they don't look at for more than 5 minutes during a casual reading and that's the type of viewership that Riot mainly caters to.

The exclamation an opponent worth fighting! leaves no room for misunderstandings that Fiora's strength could possibly be ants compared to Jax's.

No it does not matter, they could never give that fight a story and we'd still consider Jax's statement 100% legitimate. If his claim changes over time then we'll change it over time, but fo now its legitimate

WeeklyBattles said:
Youre using an assumption by saying that Jax acknowledging Fiora as an equal isnt legit. That is all the evidence that is needed to justify them being the same tier here.
First off, both are assumptions, neither of you are not making assumptions about that quote; you kinda come across as if on a high horse when you say things like that- which is probably why Reigis by contrast seems condescending in turn.

Secondly, Jax does not say, "You're my equal." or anything of the sort. All he says is that she's worthy. Literally he does not say what you insist he said. You may assume it or interpret it that way, but it can easily be assumed or interpreted another- which is why it's not the best assumption to make.

"Weekly am i allowed to apply the changes and what reasoning should i give for malzahar"

"(X rating) due to ripping open chasms hundreds of miles long" sounds fairly accurate to the feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back