• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try not to take everything champs say at face value unless there's some merit to it (via bio/stories/Rioters talking about it). Some of them are pretty much fancy easter eggs for people to enjoy.

Anyway, here's her Champion Reveal page, in case anyone missed it: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/champion-reveal-zoe

For those playing the game, the 7.22 (Preseason) patch notes are out here: https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-722-notes

We're also getting PROJECT skins for Vayne, Vi and Jhin: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2017/11/116-pbe-update.html

Assaltwaffle said:
Zoe is the one champion I would be OK with if she just was erased out of the game. Removed. Gone. I hate the gameplay of Fizz and champions like that, but this is just on a whole new level.
Dude, she hasn't even come out yet and you're asking her to be gone? Maybe wait until she comes out and see how she feels when you play her/against her and then maybe complain about it? Like, there is easy counterplay to assassins, and it does require some adjustment, not more whining on your part.

Ok, rant done for now, those PROJECT skins look amazing. The fact that Vayne's ultimate gives you an in-game HUD is spectacular.

New Aatrox Lore update for now!

New:

One of the ancient darkin, Aatrox was once a peerless swordmaster who reveled in the bloody chaos of the battlefield. Trapped within his own blade by the magic of his foes, he waited out the millennia for a suitable host to wield him - this mortal warrior was corrupted and transformed by the living weapon, and Aatrox was reborn. Though tales of the darkin have now passed into legend, he remembers only too well the destruction of his race, and wreaks his vengeance one sword blow at a time.

@Regis

I am not talking about in-game. She looks annoying enough as is, and I doubt she will be fun to play against. However, I only want her gone because of her interactions with other champions and what she is. A super-powerful loli who spends 4 minutes of dialogue crushing over Ezreal has absolutely no place in League. Even her art style is off.

However just as a rebuttal to your "requires some adujustment, not more whining" argument, there ARE champions who are overpowered and in need of nerfs (release Yasuo, release Kassadin, ect.). There are items that are overpowered and in need of nerfs (Ardent Censer). Some champions are anti-fun and have been changed because of it (Old Nidalee, AP Master Yi). You can't call every desire for balance in a game whining. If everyone had this mentality the game would be dead. Changes keep the game alive, and sometimes intervention is needed when a champion isn't OK.

@Assalt Speaking of anti-fun, seeing Zed one shot my friends before they can react (or doing about 4/5 of their HP with 2 shurikens you can barely see mmm thx rito) is always fun. Seriously, he clicks them with ult, does his spinny spin spin move, and hits them with both shurikens, and then just teleports out and lets his ult finish them off before looking for another kill a few seconds later. Thankfully I don't play squishies so I don't have to go through the painful experience myself, but I've been scarred for life.

Then again I wouldn't really call us great players or anything, but damage numbers don't lie.

@Assalt

That's an incredibly shallow reason for wanting a champion removed, especially one which hasn't been officially released yet (since all we have now is a reveal). I can understand why, but it's still shallow and not justified.

Except she hasn't come out yet and we have no idea how strong/weak she will be, especially given that this is Preseason, with Runes Reforged. So why complain about it now? (Note that you did bring up her gameplay a bit when comparing her with Fizz/assassins in general).

Yes, nothing is in perfect balance for various reasons, but there is relatively easy counterplay to assassins in general like Fizz, Kata, Zed, Talon and probably Zoe. You just have to know about it and play accordingly. Nothing really to do with game balance as a whole (unless they become extremely OP due to some items). The reason I called your statements as whining was because there wasn't any real arguement or reasoning behind it, so it read to me as someone just prematurely complaining about changes he didn't like. I don't see how game balance in general is related to it except in the most vague terms.

@Aizenishere

You'll have to wait until May/June/July of next year, considering Swain and Irelia are ahead of him and we'll be getting some new champs along the way. Swain in fact may be revealed by the end of the month based on timing.

I related it to game balance saying I DIDN'T care that he kit looks like it is going to be hard and annoying to play against, but rather that her character, thematically, has no place within League.

@Aizen I'm unranked, but I was low silver back in season 4 or 5 (great achievement, I know). I just have a good ol' fun time helping my friends explode people and complaining about hitboxes as a support.

@Assalt I'm a support main, so I never really face him in the early game, only in the late game where he could just possibly be a little bit fed, so my opinion is a bit biased from what I'm seeing and hearing. And naturally I'm not the best player based on my former ranking, so that could have something to do with it as well.

That's nothing to do with game balance though, maybe League character types/themes is what you meant to say? And to that, I'd have to point to the Yordles, Annie, Nunu as characters who don't fit in perfectly either. Like, what overall theme do League champions have other than 'We all live/came here for various reasons'? If there's no answer to that then you can't say she's out of place since there's nothing to place her into. I have nothing else to say other than 'Wait for lore before commenting further'.

@Derp

Nothing wrong with having the game for fun (oh how far we've come that this isn't the norm). I peaked Plat 2 and I am currently Gold 3, so I like to think that I have some idea about what I am doing.

I'm ending this season as Diamond in both Ranked Solo and Ranked Flex (Flex is the old Team Ranked, though I played it solo queue). Server is South Korea. My goal for next season is hitting Masters~

@Heinkel

Alright, I'll go back to my corner now.

In all seriousness that is pretty freaking good. What is your main role/champion? I am lead to believe Kassadin...

Assaltwaffle said:
@Heinkel
Alright, I'll go back to my corner now.

In all seriousness that is pretty freaking good. What is your main role/champion? I am lead to believe Kassadin...
https://i.imgur.com/gRCQFKP.png

https://i.imgur.com/woYW2N1.png

https://i.imgur.com/Ck3LUbA.png

My main are top Garen and Panth, and Nasus but I don't play Nasus for winning. Sometimes I play weird picks like Jungle Malphite once I hit D5 and abuse the demotion shield (even if you troll only your Plat 1 teammates suffer). xP

I watched it. I think Bang's consistently poor performance was the biggest problem on the SKT side.

There's been a strong rumor that Faker was planning to do his 2-year military service in 2018 and 2019, which is why he was particularly upset that he lost the Worlds in 2017. Faker drew the following sketch on September 2016, showing him holding the Summoner's cup in 2016/2017 and taking a break in 2018/2019, and coming back in 2020 as a small-time professional player (he thinks he's no longer going to be a big name after such a long break because he's humble). He probably believed that this year was going to be the peak of his career. : (

http://kstatic.inven.co.kr/upload/2016/12/12/bbs/i15550766853.jpg

was honestly so devastated when I saw him shattered after game 3. Lord knows he put SKT on his back in quarters and Semis. Such a shame no one could step up.

Also, I thought sports pros didn't have to go through military service?

According to our military service law, sports pros don't go through military service only if they are bronze medallist and up in the Olympics/World Cup, or gold medallist in the Asian Games or international events of distinctly similar stature. Esports will supposedly become a medal event in Asian Games in 2022.

Aizenishere said:
Also, I thought sports pros didn't have to go through military service?
As an add on, MaRin (SKT's former top laner in 2015) did his military service before going pro and is one of the older pro players in LoL (he's 26 compared to Faker's 21).

Yup. I'm fine with her being on his level I just couldn't accept it if she ended up being 3-A. At that point I'd throw in the towel and cry. and end up maining her *cough*

How would this make them 3-B aswell?

EDIT: To put more context I believe this rioter was responding to the question, "Does that put her above the power level of Bard?? Or is that too much to reveal?"

She likes butterflies, unicorns, and watching the end of finite realities ovo

Aspects only have a fraction of a Celestial's power

Could you link WAAARGHbobo saying she's ASol level?

Yeah, that is pretty much 3-B. Also, it says "AT" ASol, not above. With Nagakaborous they made sure to say how much stronger he is than Asol, not this time though.

Good lord, yet another Jhin skin. Meanwhile Kled, Sol, Ivern, Xayah & Rakan, Taliyah, Kayn(Although he's still kinda new so it's okay) and illaoi still only have one skin each.

Was just looking at Zoe's VO. Good god she's a bitch to Lux and condescending to my Aurelion. Screw you little runt, I'm gonna enjoy booping you to death.

Also I'm really disappointed in that Vi ski. Guess I'll stick to Demon Vi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back