• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its about damn time

And lol more High 6-C skins, can Child Emperor fight a High 6-C character so i can make him fight Annie? ovo

Some of them aren't IIRC. In any case, profiles that do not generally attract vandalism should not be locked, it only creates more work and bothers the admins to unlock and relock them.

keyword: "by default"

Locked by default as a matter of policy but unlocked on a case-by-case basis.

The ones above are all Tier 2 and that was the reason they were locked, even though they are under no particular threat of vandalism.

Took them long enough :p

Too bad those skins dont really give anything new to Kat or Vik but Zed gains the ability to exist just as a soul

New champ preview for Zoe, The Aspect of Twilight! (And yes, Aspect as in the Mount Targon Aspects.)

Zoe The Aspect of Twilight - Champion Teaser
Zoe The Aspect of Twilight - Champion Teaser

I don't know how I feel about her. Her gameplay seems really cool, but her artstyle to me just doesn't fit in league. She seems like she's from a different game.

LoL is just trying to expand their character base a bit, she's got a lot of elements of Lulu in her and from the look alone she's basically a guaranteed Star Guardian

To be honest, if she doesn't seem like she fits in LoL, then nearly all the Yordles shouldn't by that definition since their artstyles are completely different from the strong soldier/battlemages/monsters of LoL. Like, for example there's this badass looking monster in Cho'Gath, up against a blue furry little lightning ninja in Kennen. Tell me which one fits in more?

League already has a large variety of art styles for champions alone (compare Lux, Teemo, Ivern and Aurelion Sol) so something like this isn't too far out.

Honestly, I'm okay with her design, but I feel her head should be smaller. She's built like normal people but then she accidentally swallowed a balloon.

It's not that she is different thematically or is a less serious character. It's that her model doesn't fit the game. Her textures and color palletes look so different compared to any of the other champions.

For a more extreme example, it's like having a fully 3d character in an 8 bit game. Her model doesn't look like it belongs.

Have you seen Kayle and Morgana? Even the Yordles fit in better than them and it's so bad that they're getting a full dual VGU (Visual and Gameplay Update) unlike Aatrox's Gameplay Update.

Sure her colours are brighter than most and she does seem cartoony, but she isn't exactly human either. She's an Aspect, like Diana/Leona/Taric/Pantheon so she's not going to look completely human either.

Speaking of her being an Aspect, think she can help solidify the Aspects' tier 4 feats so we can actually apply them? :p

Being an Aspect doesn't mean she is not going to look completely human. Diana, Leona and Pantheon look completely human.

That said, I'm really not liking Zoe's design. Not only she doesn't fit in thematically, but also she looks like she's gonna be largely annoying to deal with (courtesy of CertainlyT's genius designs). And her VO is just obnoxious, I'd rather go against a Xayah/Rakan duo lane than this...thing. If I wanted to listen to an obnoxious, brightfully colored and cartoonish 9 year old, I'd go watch Saturday morning cartoons instead.

Saying she doesn't fit thematically is like saying the Yordles shouldn't be in the game either, considering how most of them look when compared to the human/monstrous champs of League. There's no real theme to League as it covers a whole range of character types while adding a new twist to them from big old alien monsters, to a magical stone colossus, to a chimeric werewolf, to an 80-year old lady with blades for legs, to bird-human hybrids to an metal suit wielding a club, to tiny furry fae-like people and she just adds on a new niche (partially filled by the likes of Lulu and Lux in terms of personality).

Say what you want about CertainlyT's designs since he did make the Darius rework, Yasuo, Thresh, Kalista and more, but he does make new interesting designs, and this certainly seems like the best one yet (even if it seems broken due to the mobility + active effects).

I'm saying thematically as in the fantasy theme LoL has. Zoe doesn't look like the newer champions at all, she looks cartoonish af. And speaking about Yordles, comapre Teemo and Kled. Teemo is childish as hell, Kled has an entirely different design. If Teemo/Lulu were to be released now, everyone would hate them because the design is bad and not up to par with today's standards. As you can see, only Zoe has been such a polarizing champion from the recent releases, where every other champion has been well received.

We have gun wielding outlaws, a literal deal with the devil type demon in Tahm Kench, a Yordle with a blowdart, a giant growing Void Monster, whatever Jax is, Bard and Ivern. How does Zoe not fit into that theme, as a bubble wielding mage/Aspect of Twilight? She's just as fantasy as everyone else is in League.

Kled still looks pretty silly compared to likes of Trundle, Lissandra, Leblanc or Azir, he's a hairy, angry, crazy Yordle riding an immortal lizard. Sure he looks better now thanks to Riot Artists evolving their art styles, but so does every other new champion, including Zoe. Just compare her with Annie, another childish champion and see which one looks better.

What do you mean by design, artistic, gameplay or both? Lulu seems perfectly fine by all standards, considering she's been pretty popular in the meta and people like playing her (and how she looks). Teemo is outdated, but he's still functional (and looks alright) compared to other champs slated for reworks/updates like Irelia, Swain, Aatrox, Kayle and Morgana. The angel duo look much worse than Zoe in game (which is what we've seen so far) and there are more just as bad.

People are just overreacting because Zoe looks different and brings new mechanics, that's all. That's hardly different from the likes of Kayn, Ivern, Camille, Xayah/Rakan or Ornn, all of whom look vastly different from one another and bring new/updated mechanics to the game. And it's not like they were all received well, Camille was hated due to being insanely broken, people hated Xayah's attitude as well as Kayn's, while they found Rakan either funny or obnoxious.

Zoe is the result of Rakan, Ahri and Sol having a threesome imo.

I don't mind her looks or anything to that effect. Her skills and stuff look like they're going to be annoying as hell to go up against though.

Another kid champion, why another girl though? We already have Annie...and Lulu...she's a kid, right?

Lulu is several hundred years old, chronologically she's an adult but physically she's not...

Human kid champions (excluding Yordles, Ammumu and Fizz) in order of release: Annie and Nunu (I think?) in 2009, Ezreal and Lux in 2010, Jinx in 2013 and Ekko in 2015 which was 2 years ago. And even then Ez, Lux, Jinx and Ekko are considered as teenagers/young adults rather than actual kids. So a relatively human looking kid champ isn't exactly something Riot has explored a lot and it seems they're going to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back