• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

LDO Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back again from my sleep so a lot clear and calm than yesterday lol. Probably should have left this alone for a while and then write it but I figured it might be better to have it done now and then forgetting to write less than half of it.

So regarding the original NPI proposal, it seems that I've somehow got the impression of wanting to grant everyone (as in, everyone that's pretty relevant here FAIK) NPI on the same level/extent as Machina which, to those who've known me for a while outside the wiki (Redgrave and SleepyTBubble/ALRF, in particular) would know that that's pretty dumb and even I know that would be a stupid proposal to try and make. Thus in an attempt to clear things up, I will try to break down my NPI proposal and explain each part and also why, if anyone remembers or looks back at the OP up top, that two paragraphs are made separately for a reason or so (besides the smaller one inbetween them).

First one to get out of the way is the LDO's + Ren and Shirou's (when he gets Rusalka's/Bey's) Holy Relic's which allows them to not only do what's been said thus far and should be basic ish knowledge by now (direct soul attacking, negate/hinder regen, plunder souls as they kill, and whatever effects their HR may produce from one another) but also with having the ability to attack disembodied souls. This sounds pretty simple enough for NPI but I don't mind if this is simply another application of soul manip. The only way of noting this as NPI is simply through the very pages description, which Warre actually made a point that there may be a need for a type list for it (and it's kinda pretty bare ish? tbh) but that's for another discussion on its own for another time. Anyways it's as it says here:

"The power to interact with intangible or non-corporeal beings. Users can both see and interact with intangible, or non-corporeal, abstract, and nonexistent life-forms and entities, allowing them to make physical contact and possibly cause harm."

There's that. Any more other replies can determine if what the LDO also do is simply another app for their soul manip or NPI. Latter, if chosen, would grant them an add on for it of NPI for attacking bodiless/disembodied (are they similar in meaning?) souls.

Anyways, Machina's part...this part obviously needs a lot of context and clear up as that's where Monarch interpreted my writing proposal for everyone in the first place. Though this might also confuse any other people and not just him who see this that might not give enough thought to what I was trying to put out so hopefully, and yes I know I keep saying I won't bring this up and I keep doing it cuz I had mixed thoughts to it, that what I put here WILL clear things up enough. And it WILL be the last time I make myself clear. If it doesn't clear things up, IDK what will. All I know is what I put is what I know what to only add for most and what to add more for Machina (and by extension, Reinhard) only.

"Machina, I believe, also has more justifications of NPI, as he punched out Cain when the latter was using Beatrice's Briah which turns the user into literal lightning itself, and Interview has stated his fists can end anything whether it has a shape or not, which can include stuff like lightning and fire as well as concepts like darkness itself, which would make sense for him to have in order to end the "story" of any phenomena he hits. And ofc Reinhard has this as well by extension I assume."

For starters, there's a point for why I separated Machina from the rest (rest as in everyone else in the LDO including Wolfgang and Eleonore as well as Ren and Shirou) and that's because he's a lot more varietable in his case. Keyword being his as what he can interact with and attack is specifically what he's known for. It's already a known fact that Machina could yeet people or concepts out of existence since DI with his Briah, and he has also blown away some of Eleonore's flames during the Commanders vs EFF Ren fight in Rea's route for a minor case. When Interview came out, it's brought up again during the fight with Methuselah with how Machina could attack something regardless if it had a shape or not. People, Buildings, Fire, Lightning, Thoughts (TBQH, I still DEK HTF he would be able to do this lol), Concepts (like Darkness/Methuselah), as long as his fists can hit them he gets the job done how he wants it.

That said though, I think I see where the problem is in why Monarch assumed I "wanted everyone" to have NPI and that's likely because of not spending more time on the NPI parts to explain the differences between Machina's NPI (and Reinhard's) and that of everyone elses who, other than some stuff I will be getting into after this whole passage that I will address on, only can interact with souls whether they have bodies or not to the best of their abilities.

Point is, there's the factor of context that I have to clear up in why I set up my NPI initially like that both here and on my blog. That said context is that Machina's NPI, or the extent of it at least, does NOT apply to the rest of his fellow Legion members. The only one who does is his superior/leader Reinhard, who technically already has in his own way via murking Methuselah and all his nights. I still DK if anyone else has problems with how I initially wrote my proposal part on NPI, but just so no further problems arise in all this like yesterday, this is all of what I have to say to clear things up.

Once again, if by chance this doesn't seem to clear things up for any more people, IDK what else will. That's all I have to say of the matter.

Now for the ones that Tony and Sleepy said earlier yesterday during the slight ordeal, those are being IDK's for me.

For the Methuselah one: No one in the LDO was truly able to interact with Methuselah. Like...at all. Wolfgang was in fact tearing Methuselah apart and the narration states he kept doing so throughout the whole conflict (if Methuselah stomping 90+% of the Legion counts as a fight, that is) but all he ever accomplished was just dispersing his body over and over, to which Methuselah's only remark to Wolf's constant onslaught was "creating a wound so small even an ant wouldn't be able to fit inside it". Beatrice didn't really do well either if at all and she got almost two shotted from the Jaws, and Eleonore's flames only briefly fights off the darkness but it doesn't stop them from attacking the rest of them and the narration states that she's not even sure if using her Briah would have faired any better though since she didn't release it in this fight who knows if it ever could or just end up killing everyone.

It was only when Machina came in, Briah activated, was he shown to be a truly genuine threat to Methuselah, who even discarded some 1400 yrs worth of nights from his being so as to put Machina in a prison and YEET him out of the fight. Wilhelm also comes into the fight with all of Glads temporailly buffing him so he can keep getting soul refills and attack with all of his 8k worth of souls in him w/o worry. Though the VN reveals that used the blood that Claudia succ'd off of him before, which Methu took in turn, to deal actual damage to him...somehow. The whole fight is confusing to me as to which part is him throwing all those souls at him at one time (he even notes that 8k souls is enough to harm him, Wolf and his 180k ish souls would have already been plenty more to do). And then ofc we have Reinhard whose Light was able to also interact with Methuselah inspite of the density and numbers of nights Methu has piled up over the years.

Long story short, I'm not truly sure on the Methuselah one for everyone. Wolf's attack, for example, was the same thing as Wilhelm trying to punch Lui but in both their cases, they only touched nothing at all but a mist of darkness (Wil) or dispersed a mass of darkness that simply reformed with no injury or hindrance whatsoever that the wound "would be too small for even an ant to go through". That's a big IDK for anymore than the three guys I said, if not a complete no.

For Kai vs Beatrice, Wil vs Kei/Beatrice, and one more of Ren vs Cain, those are possibilities for more NPI of them but I'm very neutral for all three until I review their fights. They're not as BS as Machina's, Wil's (whose a very confusing case) and Reinhard's against Methuselah, but those are ones I'll have to look into and see if it's right or not which includes reviewing how Kei and Beatrice's Briah's function on whether they actually turn into fire/lightning or ones they simply have where they can go into logia-like states.

Not for rn. I don't want to keep changing thought decisions so I want to get the NPI out of the way first. Once that's done, however it goes, THEN you can unlock them.

I pretty much have what I have to say above. Even taking the time to deconstruct part of my proposal somewhat to explain, in turn, parts of it and what I was going for.

So I'll wait for perhaps a day on Monarch's thoughts. If not, I'll will proceed with the edits. All I know for certain is I know WHAT to give and what NOT to give for the members on NPI, and more of it for very specific ones based on what I said. And I have mentioned of editing existing stuff that's on the pages with scans to add/replace. It's a lot but I can easily tell which has what that I know for certain but I want to wait here for this first for rn to give my explanation a chance to be read by Monarch.

So just a small addition while waiting for my review on my explanation for NPI (even tho I'm starting to think everyone else here knows what I'm aiming for precisely on it), there's another likely addition for the number of relevant characters here.

That being Self-Sustenance Types 1, 2 and 3. Well I only have one proof for the first type and that's through this. According to Kei, things like trying to kill them with poison gas won't work and the same thing would happen of trying to suffocate them in a room with oxygen, stating that none of them doesn't need it anymore. For the other two types, I'm told by ALRF that Apostles having an enhanced life-force due to Die Ewigkeit makes them have no need for stuff like food to survive so there's another add on for them to get if not at least Type 1 SS.

I'm currently finding stuff regarding the other cases of NPI for most of the members...or some, like the fights ALRF/Sleepy mentioned. Those fights are aren't hard to find on YT so I just have to merely observe them and see if they fit NPI or not. Although given that NPI states it allows you to interact with intangible or non corporeal figures, and Kei and Beatrice (and Cain also by extension in DI) can go full logia state, this may determine if some of those members will get this or not.

IDK if they will get it but it's a try to look into.

I'm, again, still waiting on Monarch to look at my explanation that I posted earlier above. That's the last time I'll ever try and explain NPI for stuff so I won't bother to say more other referring anybody to that via link.

Anyways as a kind of recap on accepted abilities, I got Concept Attacks Resistance removal and adding Regen neg. Self Sustenance for all types is straightforward tho I do want to check DI and perhaps Interview and Song to the Witch to make sure. NPI I am actually planning to add but that one will actually have me to relook the NPI page again and the vids and one that will, when I do see for myself and determine it, only then will I do the add on's and get on with concluding this.

Somebody should probably ask Monarch and Warren to comment here again via their message walls.

It could still fall under NPI. The only ones who'd get that would be Machina and Reinhard. No one else.

Although granted, it couls be just an application of their conceptual hax. Machina's with Briah and Reinhard via proxy and/or his spear as stated and shown respectively for the two. Wil's just really off for how many times I rewatched his fight with Methu on YT yesterday.

@Antvasima: Unless they're just really busy, I can go and ask Monarch again and inform Warren on Discord later. Idk if either are in rn so I'll do that later.

On second thought I just left them a message each. I'll be heading off for tonight now and probably won't be on until after they've made their responses until I get back.

What the reasoning that I was brought here again?

Clearing up NPI stuff or the Self-Sustenance stuff?

Has the consensus changed from the entire getting NPI for being able to interact with souls and that Machina and Reinhard have an even greater level of NPI?

If not, than I am uncertain of why I was called again because I agree with the statement I wrote above.

@Warren: I'm....not even really sure why tbh. If it was about NPI, it would make sense to get Monarch on here but he's yet to come back and comment on it.

For Self Sustenance, maybe? Speaking about that, I actually couldn't find anything else for Types 2 and 3. I watched Interview and it's stated that Wilhelm has eats only to increase the amount of souls he uses, if only for a little. But that's also weird in and of itself cuz I was reading Song to the Witch and Rusalka was all more concerned for eating souls than actual food.

This one...IDK. Type 3 is just as hard to get. For the safe side, I can only add Type 1 SS but no more due to lack of further evidence on my side for that.

I can see them having all the types on the basis that Die Ewigkeit user's physical bodies mean nothing and that they rely purely on the soul to survive.

But whatever, just having type 1 is fine.

Self sus is fine, NPI I guess is fine if it's specifiied to mean "bodiless spirits" and not every Non physical being

@Monarch: Ofc. That's the intent I've tried to put out, and apologies if I made it confusing. Didn't think to consider making it clear when I first made the blog at the time.

@Warren: Ah well...I mean I don't recall any of us normally talking about the qualities of the LDO becoming Apostles, which I guess is why I never thought to assume all those parts.

It makes sense, I'm just mainly being unsure of it.

So should I unlock the profile pages now?

Okay. I have done so. Tell me here when you are done.

Okay.......THAT took quite a long time to do....

Think I'll take a break from editing for a while after doing this with pure concentration.

Edits are done. And as I DID say a couple times, I was gonna do some edits on each and every one of them that's already existing on there. Some may be questionable and I'm pretty sure I'll be asked about it but it's very late here and I'm tired RN after having to sit through and edit them on top of fixing any linking/wording mistakes along the way.

@Antvasima: You can lock the profiles now. They should be done for rn until another time. And this thread can be locked unless anyone else has questions, by which I don't mind if they're taken to my wall where I can answer them when I get back.

To that, GN everyone/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back