• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lazy Pokémon Battle Royale

Bro... Since they are all pokemon I think normal pokemon tactics should be fine. Snorlax wins because of Stockpile + Rest + Chesto Berry + Belly Drum + Body Slam = E Z Win.

(This is just a joke about competitive pokemon and probably would not accurately portray this match)

Assuming Snorlax doesn't just get to use its exclusive Z-crystal, Slaking probably just powers through. Snorlax isn't taking more than a couple Hammer Arms at its best, and if it goes for something like Belly Drum, it's likely getting one-shot.

Slowbro, meanwhile, is definitley not powering straight through Slaking as easily, and is likely to try and do stuff like Curse or Calm Mind. However, Slaking knows Punishment, which is not only super effective, but also means Slowbro is actually going to be taking more damage if it trys to buff itself. Even if Slowbro doesn't try, Slaking will probably just Swagger, which even if Slowbro has Own Tempo, will boost its useless physical attack while making Slaking's Punishment more lethal.

Assuming Snorlax doesn't go down first, it could also just wear Slowbro down with Crunch.

Slaking low to mid-diffs while also being the most lazy.

Guys just put ALL the EV for Snorlax into his Defense and Sp.Def and this would be a quick match. especally with that stockpile giving a +2.5 stage bonus to both Def and Sp.Def rest for healing and then with belly drum you get a +6 Atk Stages and GG (I know this can't happen because wild pokemon can't really gain EV this is just a joke)

@Azzy

I think you are not taking into consideration Slaking glaring weakness. That said, will be providing my own scenario of this fight tomorrow. (College calls ovo)

@Lephyr

Are you referring to Truant?

It doesn't make a massive different. Snorlax gets taken out pretty fast comparatively. It's an amazing special tank, but it can't handle taking Hammer Arm from something as forceful as Slaking. Slowbro is also so incredibly slow that Truant doesn't matter if it comes down to just the two of them.

Slowbro is definitely the bigger threat, as Slaking, unlike Snorlax, is weaker on the specially defensive front, but Amnesia, Slack Off, and Encore mitigate that heavily. And unlike Slaking, Slowbro doesn't have a Punishment equivalent. It has Psych Up, but that makes things worse for it, in a lot of cases.

I mean technically Snorlax can take a Hammer Arm.

252 Atk Slaking Hammer Arm vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Snorlax: 240-284 (45.8 - 54.1%)

Game mechanics of course, but he still won't get blown away. And Scald from Slowbro can always burn one of the two physical tanks.

Hence why I said he can't take more than a couple, and why if he goes for something like Belly Drum, he has an extremely high chance of being one-shot before healing himself.

Burn is probably more of a problem for Slaking than Snorlax, since Snorlax can always Rest and keep attacking with Sleep Talk/Snore.

Encore trapping is also a pretty big threat from Slaking's front.

Snorlax is the least threatening of the three in this scenario, probably.

Actually, Slowbro has Unaware, which IIRC makes it ignore any stat amps Amnesia could provide. The rest of your point is good though, and I agree Slaking probably takes this because of move-type advantages and power, but I wanted to give Slowbro a fighting chance I guess.

Side thought, does Truant work the same way in the Anime that it does in the games? As in, is it literally forced to slack off, or is it something it actively chooses to do? I get the feeling a bloodlusted Slaking wouldn't slack off. Not that they're bloodlusted here, but just for future reference.

Snorlax would likely tank himself up with Stockpile then rest. Then boom he's much harder to hurt and yes this time I'm serious.

Vigoroth is straight up better than Slaking. Eviolite Stone + Bulk Up, Rest and Facade makes a surprisingly powerful tank with overall solid stats. Slaking is only really good for Retaliation revenging in my experiences.

Can't really tell if we're actually debating this or if we're using competitive strats

@Derp

I assumed Own Tempo because with Unaware, it's vulnerable to being Swagger spammed and then decked with Punishment for absurd damage. Though Unaware could likely work in its favor, too.

It's a willing thing, because it's so lazy. According to the anime, it can get up whenever it wants, but only does so if there's nothing left to eat within its vicinity.

@Grey

Chip Away, tho.

Darkanine said:
Vigoroth is straight up better than Slaking. Eviolite Stone + Bulk Up, Rest and Facade makes a surprisingly powerful tank with overall solid stats. Slaking is only really good for Retaliation revenging in my experiences.
Can't really tell if we're actually debating this or if we're using competitive strats
Double Battle Slaking is absolutely stupid, in many cases. Otherwise Truant makes it borderline useless.

Legit debate.

Wait, I assumed we provide pokemon with both of their abilities unless stated by the op or something, just like with their moves? Am I wrong?

I can't speak for Azzy but Regice ruins the naming convention. Phonetically, you got Regyrock, regysteel, regigigas and then you got...Reg-Ice. It's so stupid.

Back