• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Largest VS Site on the web?

Hello all,

Anyone have an idea on how I would find out about this? I'm writing an essay on this sorta community for my Quantitative Literacy course. I jus wanna make sure I'm asking the best group for a general consensus on what this community thinks, as it relates to my essay, "Implicit and Uninteded bias in the Interpretation or Implication of Data" (or something to like that).

You guys are pretty big, but would you say you're the biggest?

Thanx for the input, here.

What are you guys thoughts on Comicvine? I've also seen a site called SpaceBattles, howabout them? I haven't made accounts with them, yet, but they seem pretty substantial. Tho, from what I've browsed, their temperments seem a bit 4chan-ish, which might prove to be a problem if they are worth a chat.

Lol And Spacebattles? I'm a lil iffy on those two, as my line of questioning for my research WILL get "offensive". If they aren't the largest then that saves me time and trouble.

SpaceBattles is in the area of sci-fi military, in here this is more a generalist site, although VSBW is leaning more towards specializing in battles with highly complex, sophisticated and abstract, the most overpowered high tiered characters with uber-haxes.

I believe one of the bureaucrats, Ant, has published some stats on how big this website is.

For objectivity, it may be best to look at those and any stats for other websites which also seem large enough. Though the communities which also participate in other things than just being a VS site (Google+, Screwattack) may be harder to accurately gauge.

Don't trust the general statistics that the site gives in terms of pure data. There's always unknown sockpuppets (There's always sockpuppets regardless of whether you like it or not), inflated posts via spam (Sometimes happens here, happens more on say, Comicvine), or simply the fact that some sites are multi-purpose.

Comicvine isn't 100% vsbattle debates for instance. So while it might say that Comicvine's population/posts are like 9x bigger than this site, the vast majority of it isn't at all relating to such. SpaceBattles is less applicable in this case but it's still multi-purpose all the same.

So while you might not like my answer, it'd be pretty impossible to say whether or not this site is the biggest.

But I mean

Technically YouTube would be the biggest Vs Site on the web.

Every comment section is a warzone. Every single one.

Especially whenever Screwattack posts a Death Battle.

We are the world's most popular wiki for indexing character power levels, but we are likely not nearly as active as other communities in terms of versus discussions, which is not remotely our main concern.

We currently have around 600000 individual visitors and 23.5 million page views in a month according to Similarweb.

Thanks for the notes, guys. I'll be sure to credit you all in my research. 'Still just tryin to wittle it all down to the best site for a general a consensus on things. I notice all the sites do have a lot in common with how things are applied. It's actually very shockin.

By any chance, Is SethTheProgrammer an inspiration for these particular type of boards? Did people see his vids and it just took off from there?

I think that the Outskirts Battledome was among the first sites to organise character statistics, long before SethTheProgrammer or Death Battle videos on Youtube. The old members still discuss in the Narutoforums.

Antvasima said:
I think that the Outskirts Battledome was among the first sites to organise character statistics, long before SethTheProgrammer or Death Battle videos on Youtube. The old members still discuss in the Narutoforums.
^This.

I even managed to talk to Endless Mike about Superman's Mageddon feat on how he messed up on the speed thing and that it would have wielded much higher energy results, and then he acknowledged that his entire calc was messed up.

So we might have to make a proper Mageddon calc.

Yes, their old, much larger, wiki was suddenly destroyed around 5 years ago, with incomplete file backups.

Then we sort of accidentally started to fill the void due to my own anal-retentive perfectionism starting to compulsively organise and gradually improving on this wiki, including by constantly promoting productive and knowledgeable members who also constantly helped out with improvements, and here we are.

I don't believe anyone was. If it's my quote you're speaking about, it was more a bit of a warning. I personally have no opinion on him.

Believe it or not, this is suprisngly interestin. I mean, the communities. There's alotta stuff I wanna ask/write about. Good to know Seth is rather new to this. I hopped on his Discord, but the community seems really scattered, there.

Back