• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lancer Range Upgrade (Deltarune)

Deleted member 16409

ok, let's talk about Lancer Range upgrade from "Several Meters" to "Tens Meters" or even "Hundreds". Do you remember his first appearance when he summoned spade rain in room and even keep summoning them when we start to slide?

14:45

By the way, can you calculate Lancer spade rain range?

It'd be kind of tricky, if it's doable at all, since our measuring stick is Kris.... Except, we can also control move Kris not only left, right, but up & down as they fall.
Meaning we can control the rate at which they're falling. Not completely, but to a significant extent.

See, normally to get distance, you'd measure the timeframe, & probably get a speed somehow. Ex: Assume fall speed or determine terminal velocity.
Since Kris is how we'd measure the distance, but since we're controlling how fast they fall to a great deal (& we fade out before we see them move to the bottom of the cliff regardless of position.), this kinda really muddles determining the distance.

It'd be kind of tricky, if it's doable at all, since our measuring stick is Kris.... Except, we can also control move Kris not only left, right, but up & down as they fall.
Meaning we can control the rate at which they're falling. Not completely, but to a significant extent.

See, normally to get distance, you'd measure the timeframe, & probably get a speed somehow. Ex: Assume fall speed or determine terminal velocity.
Since Kris is how we'd measure the distance, but since we're controlling how fast they fall to a great deal (& we fade out before we see them move to the bottom of the cliff regardless of position.), this kinda really muddles determining the distance.
So, using the fastest Kris speed and doing the conclusion about maximum Lancer Range

Ok, checked out, Lancer at least has 100 meters range, but I'm not sure because I just calculated "1 seconds=3 meters"

So, using the fastest Kris speed and doing the conclusion about maximum Lancer Range
That'd be a deliberate high end. Unsure if that's valid.
Ok, checked out, Lancer at least has 100 meters range, but I'm not sure because I just calculated "1 seconds=3 meters"
Come to think of it, how fast SHOULD Kris slide down a cliff face? Might not be able to use terminal velocity because they aren't really falling; Friction along the side of the cliff slowing the descent.

Come to think of it, how fast SHOULD Kris slide down a cliff face? Might not be able to use terminal velocity because they aren't really falling; Friction along the side of the cliff slowing the descent.
Ok I tried to calculate, it was funny

Ok I tried to calculate, it was funny

Likely 7 meters in second

Click insert image above where you type.
Or link the image with insert link.
Here

Ok, 4×170cm(Kris)=680cm, rounding via Kris speeding up.
700cm×4=2800cm(i screened it at 0,25x speed, that means he doing 2720cm at 1 second)
28meters×33second=924 meters Lancer range
ok I feel like I did something wrong I guess.
But.
28×60=1680×60=104160meters.
104160÷1000=104km/hour at least.

Ok I redoing that.
28meters×2(Kris speeding up)=56meters second.
56×16=896meters
28×15=420 meters.
896+420=1316 meters Lancer range likely.
And Kris doing likely 104×2=208km/hour and Lancer spades keeping with him

You may wish to publish your calculation efforts to a User Blog on your Vs Battles Wiki Fandom User Blog section, so that it can be officially evaluated about official useage.

Back