• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bloons Tower Defense RANGE and some Quincy problens

Well, This is to much to argue and debater trough my cellphone

I will give FRIMI full benefit of my Trust and say every thing he say is right

But them, how would we depict the new range for

Infinit range:

Infinit life spam:

Seaking projectiles:

I would like to Focus a little into the secondary problem

Sinse Quincy arrows can still bounce and target target other bloons after hitting moabs and not popping them could quincy a limites homing atack?

its a ricochet, I'd make the distinction. Notably, a monkey with homing shots could theoretically fire indiscriminately and it'd automatically hit targets. Ricochet attacks need to actually hit something before bouncing to the next target. Similar to top path boomerang logic and a bit like middle path sniper. Sniper has infinite range, but still it can't home in on a target until it's bounced off another target already

if Quincy behaved like a limitless homing attacker then there wouldn't be so many "Quincy never misses!" memes

Would you be willing to help us conclude this thread please?
The most I really see I maybe giving the Monkey's some form of size manipulation, but not the planetary sizes suggested.

As for their actual range, the monkeys are only like 74 centimeters tall. Most of those projectiles fall in the "Tens of Meters to Hundreds of meters" range.

Thank you for helping out.

What Qawsedf234 decided can probably be applied then.

Sorry for the last minute comment. Since the size manipulation is due to the projects of Dr. Monkey, so if we are giving it to the monkeys, it would need to be noted as something they can't control mid-combat

Sorry for the last minute comment. Since the size manipulation is due to the projects of Dr. Monkey, so if we are giving it to the monkeys, it would need to be noted as something they can't control mid-combat
Wait, so if size manipulation is a out of combat thing and not natural from the monkeys....

Cool we still need to find a "averge size" map...

This is... an interesting problem.

I mean, yeah, the projectiles will cover the entire screen if needed, but most monkeys aren't likely to make use of that, as they have a defined ranged area.

I think we are facing an issue I already encountered before when making Hyperion pages, about theorical and effective range.

The theorical range of monkeys in Bloons is, indeed, mostly the same, as in very high. They can usually throw their projectiles across the entire screen, which implies that they travel even farther than that. However, the refusal of the monkeys to shoot further than a defined area, plus the fact that in most cases said projectiles will miss their target, makes me believe that their effective range is far lower.

Personally, I'd put both in the range: The effective range of the monkeys, which we can see, and put also a theorical limit, for the space that their shots can actually travel. Of course, that would only apply to those that a theorical limit would apply, but regardless, that is my idea.

I mean, yeah, the projectiles will cover the entire screen if needed, but most monkeys aren't likely to make use of that, as they have a defined ranged area.

I think we are facing an issue I already encountered before when making Hyperion pages, about theorical and effective range.

The theorical range of monkeys in Bloons is, indeed, mostly the same, as in very high. They can usually throw their projectiles across the entire screen, which implies that they travel even farther than that. However, the refusal of the monkeys to shoot further than a defined area, plus the fact that in most cases said projectiles will miss their target, makes me believe that their effective range is far lower.

Personally, I'd put both in the range: The effective range of the monkeys, which we can see, and put also a theorical limit, for the space that their shots can actually travel. Of course, that would only apply to those that a theorical limit would apply, but regardless, that is my idea.
yeah that's pretty similar to what I was suggesting, in particular making note of the towers that actually do have unlimited effective range like sniper, sub, ace, mortar, and all the others I mentioned in the big list earlier in the thread

@Qawsedf234

What do you think about this?

Thank you for helping out.

What Qawsedf accepted can probably be applied.

It is one of my standard phrases when I trust the judgement of another staff member. There are only so many ways to say the same thing, and it tends to speed things up for the sake of clarity and efficiency.

So, this goes into the "theoretical range" and definitely not "effective range", but according to this blog, the farthest a dart monkey's thrown a dart vertically is apparently 1337 meters

So, this goes into the "theoretical range" and definitely not "effective range", but according to this blog, the farthest a dart monkey's thrown a dart vertically is apparently 1337 meters
so that's supposedly the record. We could say dart range with disregard for accuracy is up to a kilometer. Then there's the question of scaling. I am still against scaling range based on gameplay differences FRA, but I think it's worth considering using the dart monkey in particular as the average "theoretical" range for all towers. For instance, I feel it's not unreasonable to say that ice monkey is significantly below whatever max range dart has and that supermonkey is significantly above. And with this I think we could also probably reasonably say that sniper has "at least kilometers" of effective range, and apply similarly to the other unlimited range towers.

also i was just reading through some blogs and i just want to say that its honestly impressive how despite answering a bunch fan questions like this weekly (afaik) they run into extremely few contradictions. For instance in this same blog post with the dart range, somebody asked about how monkeys shoot through each other and the canonical friendly fire toggle is still there. I mean there's a little bit of inconsistency where in this blog post it's based on friendly fire technology whereas in previous ones it was a learnable skill, but still impressively consistent nonetheless

also i was just reading through some blogs and i just want to say that its honestly impressive how despite answering a bunch fan questions like this weekly (afaik) they run into extremely few contradictions. For instance in this same blog post with the dart range, somebody asked about how monkeys shoot through each other and the canonical friendly fire toggle is still there. I mean there's a little bit of inconsistency where in this blog post it's based on friendly fire technology whereas in previous ones it was a learnable skill, but still impressively consistent nonetheless
I'm ******* impressed and surprised that there's BTD profile here and a lore ngl

also i was just reading through some blogs and i just want to say that its honestly impressive how despite answering a bunch fan questions like this weekly (afaik) they run into extremely few contradictions.
Yeah, it helps that a lot of the repeated questions are able to be given the same vague answers.

But yeah, even what inconsistency there is, such as differences between training and tech to get intangibility, it could just be explained as different monkeys needing different things

Something else that's funny is that they've been keeping track of the Heroes' ages as well, which I'm pretty sure is just their release dates lol

Back