• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Monsters and Two NPCS (Blight, Giant Shark, Hanson Minstrelsong, and The Mad Hermit) CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Radiant damage is soul manipulation as well, for the Astral Blight.

Shark seems fine from a glance.

Shoutout to Hanno, for LS I'd probably just assume Strength 10 since that is just the average for D&D people.

Mad Hermit was also assumed to be 10 Strength although there may be something to be said about him perhaps not physically being on par with verse average I suppose. In either case that's not Class 1 anymore anyhow. I don't think being capable of stealing things or taming a mountain lion implies inherent above average intelligence when it seems likely that he traded some of his other more normal day-to-day skills, if you catch my drift.

Radiant damage is soul manipulation as well, for the Astral Blight.
Added
Shoutout to Hanno, for LS I'd probably just assume Strength 10 since that is just the average for D&D people.
Changed his LS to "Likely Peak Human" of that, since we are assuming a strength score
I don't think being capable of stealing things or taming a mountain lion implies inherent above average intelligence when it seems likely that he traded some of his other more normal day-to-day skills, if you catch my drift.
Besides social skills, I don't think so. He clearly is able to survive on his own in the wild, even making himself wooden cutlery to use, so alongside his other skills I don't see why he wouldn't be above average.

A rabbit can survive on their own out in the wild, Tllm, and corvids can fashion tools. I'm not saying he is guaranteed stupid but there's little to suggest he's working with more marbles than the average individual.

A rabbit can survive on their own out in the wild, Tllm, and corvids can fashion tools. I'm not saying he is guaranteed stupid but there's little to suggest he's working with more marbles than the average individual.
Those are not inherent skills to a human, would you say an expert hunter is only average in intelligence because tigers are also good at hunting?
Plus taming a lion is something that's extremely hard to do IRL without it eating/maiming you, and he has a 3rd level thief skills on top of that.

Those are not inherent skills to a human, would you say an expert hunter is only average in intelligence because tigers are also good at hunting?
Plus taming a lion is something that's extremely hard to do IRL without it eating/maiming you, and he has a 3rd level thief skills on top of that.
I personally know people who have
  • General survival skills
  • A fondness for animals
That are stupid. These aren't feats of intelligence, man. They're less than common schools of knowledge, sure, but that doesn't mean it takes overwhelming intelligence to have them.

• A fondness for animals
That are stupid. These aren't feats of intelligence, man. They're less than common schools of knowledge, sure, but that doesn't mean it takes overwhelming intelligence to have them.
Belo Average generally, Above Average in combat and animal handling?

all that means is he knows how to do those things

which doesn't require any special intellect

we have no intel on what his Intelligence is, just leave him at possibly average lol

• A fondness for animals
This is wrong, though slightly. It may not be "academic" intelligence, but it does involve intelligence overall. Howard Gardner GG

Belo Average generally, Above Average in combat and animal handling?
This I can agree with

all that means is he knows how to do those things

which doesn't require any special intellect
We have profiles that give intelligence ratings just for combat skills, he is adept in fighting/criminal skills and can tame a lion
I think this divide works

This is wrong, though slightly. It may not be "academic" intelligence, but it does involve intelligence overall. Howard Gardner GG
It isn't, unless you mean to say that to have any skill in anything is a feat of above average intelligence. Note that I'm not saying that they don't involve intelligence, which is what I think you think I'm saying- I'm saying that simply possessing skills in these areas does not denote someone as being elevated from the normal human. Many average or below average intelligence people have skills. All of them do, even! It's how we work.

We have profiles that give intelligence ratings just for combat skills, he is adept in fighting/criminal skills and can tame a lion
I think this divide works
Combat skills are uniquely relevant, since knowing how skilled someone is is unfortunately relevant. if it weren't, it would be stupid of us to include it. "Average, Below Average in Electronics, Above Average in Hacking, Animalistic in Car Maintenance, Below Average in Hibernation Patterns of Tropical Fish..."

It isn't, unless you mean to say that to have any skill in anything is a feat of above average intelligence. Note that I'm not saying that they don't involve intelligence, which is what I think you think I'm saying- I'm saying that simply possessing skills in these areas does not denote someone as being elevated from the normal human. Many average or below average intelligence people have skills. All of them do, even! It's how we work.
I mean he's a 3rd level thief, so he's already above the skills of 1st and 2nd-level ones, and thus his combat skills are a decent bit above average I'd say
Also by this logic, we can just have Below Average, possibly Average (Is generally insane, however, it is unclear if he's generally inept), Above Average in combat (As a 3rd-level thief he is superior to other lower thieves in combat)

Looking forward to the future where we ignore all Intelligence stats because they're not 1st level and thus are at the very least Above Average.

(I disagree, obviously)

True, they simply require experiences instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back