• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
if Homie who isn't anywhere as smart as Sage can notice people's heartbeat with his Enhanced Senses and tell what emotion they're feeling then it's likely that she can tell that King's Engine is actually his heart pounding out of fear.
That's a power he has, not an intelligence feat.

That's a power he has, not an intelligence feat.
The ability to hear people's heartbeat is the power while being able tell what they're feeling from their heartbeat is an intelligence feat. He can't literally sense their emotion but he can deduce it.

The ability to hear people's heartbeat is the power while being able tell what they're feeling from their heartbeat is an intelligence feat. He can't literally sense their emotion but he can deduce it.
If heart beat fast, stressed, if heart beat slow, not stressed, that's basic knowledge.

I could have sworn that his profile had something saying that he heard Butcher's heart pounding but it was out of anger rather than fear.
I don't see that on there.

Homelander also seems to be determining people's exact BPM and blood pressure all the time, so I think he's a big blood fan.

Ok, I've looked it up, and a study seems to suggest that:

"Diastolic blood pressure rises, heart rate falls, number of rises in skin conductance, and muscle potential increases, were greater for anger than for fear, whereas skin conductance increases, number of muscle potential increases, and respiration rate increases were greater for fear than for anger."

Butcher, in this scene, is stoic, looking Homelander in the eye, and not flinching. Homelander also has a great deal of experience analyzing people's heart rates, blood pressure, etc, and spends most of his time around people terrified of him. He can see and hear a heart beat, he can tell what's going on with someone at a glance, especially considering he's much faster than Billy, so he's perceiving it way faster.

Sage does not possess the ability to see under someone's skin, and, to my knowledge, is not typically hearing heartbeats from many meters away.

Back