• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kylo Ren vs High Templar

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
Two psychic soldiers face off, the dark robed Kylo Re and the pride of the Daelaam, the High Templar.

At first, this may look very biased due to the tier difference, but I believe that these character's psychic powers (or Force power, in Kylo's case) could make this a very interesting fight.

Rules: Speed is equalized, the High Templar is connected to the Khala (aka more effective precog, telepathy, and intelligence), battle must end in the death of the opponent.

Kylo ren
HighTemplar SC-FL3 Art1
Round 1: High Templar unable to use Feedback.

Round 2: High Templar able to use Feedback.

Who wins and why?

Note: Due to the hax of the High Templar, I can remove Round 2 or the Khala connection if this is determined to be a stomp in his favor.

If verse is equalized, then the High Templar's Feedback would pretty much 1-shot Kylo Ren. He's a Skywalker, he naturally has insane amounts of power the High Templar can easily use against him. For Round 1 though, It COULD be either way. If Kylo capitalizes on his force abilites and abuses them, he COULD win. However, he doesn't usually do that, and the High Templar has his shields to block lightsaber strikes and has Psionic Storm.

A Psionic Storm in round 1 especially could almost be a 1-shot due to Kylo being unarmoured, which Psionic Storm is made to damage. The ones that reliably defend against Psionic Storm are high armoured things like Siege Tanks. Coupled with things like Hallucinations and Psionic Lightning, which Kylo would have major difficulties blocking due to lacking Sith Lightning himself, then High Templar all the way.

Round 1: High Templar 7.5/10

Round 2: High Templar 10/10

@Akreious If Feedback was so potent, Kerrigan would have died during Brood War, where she was only 8-B and regularly faced Dark Archons used by the Protoss, who used Feedback as their primary attack. Also, Psionic Storm does very little to Ultralisks, Colossi, and Thors, which Kylo is just as durable as. Also, the High Templar's shields will only block one attack at best before having to recharge due to the AP/Dura difference.

I'm giving it to Kylo Ren both rounds for now.

The difference is, Kerrigan during that time was as strong if not STRONGER than a High Templar psionically. She was made as an escape from the Xel'Naga (Amon). She's made to be the perfect zerg, an Anti-Protoss. All the normal weaknesses of a Zerg? throw it out because Kerrigan blows it all away. Also the fact that while yes she is psionically powerful, her body is made to be better than that. Her new body allowed her to use her psionic powers better, but substantially enhanced and improved her body to easily rip through Protoss and Terran alike.

Kylo Ren however, has one major difference. His training is INCOMPLETE. Unlike Kerrigan who has many years of background experience against the Protoss and Terrans and would know how to defend against the Feedback, Kylo does NOT. While Kylo is no push-over in terms of speed, he'd need to get in close for any real damage with his lightsaber. Kind of hard to dodge a Psionic Storm that stacks when they're placed right on top of you aye? Coupled with Psionic Lightning to keep him at bay,

And if we take the profile of Psionic Storm literally, it'll not only damage his body, but his mind as well. Take that with a grain of salt though.

Edit: Also, I forgot to add this to the first point. She wasn't alone when she fought the Protoss, she could've easily put a high-priority target on any High Templar she senses and they'd be dead by the swarm before they have a chance to use feedback on Kerrigan.

@ Akrerious Psionic Storm in lore is stupid strong. It is only game mechanics that it can't quickly dispatch Ultralisks and anything not psionically protected. Lore wise the Protoss are just insane, and should have never lost to the Zerg, fighting with each other or not.

Psi storm literally tears at the very fabric of the psionic energy of the target location; portraying it as just lightning did not do it just at all. In other non-game media, the High Templar are generally shown as only being limited by their energy pool, which is show to be very slim (two HTs used it up killing several dozen Zerglings at maximum in the LotV cinematic).

Yes, but I purposefully ignored that as some might consider that non-canon or something. But the thing is, the Protoss did do pretty good against the Zerg, but they just made more and more until they got overwhelmed. For example, the Zerg's philosophy was that if one died, they made 10 more. The Protoss is a very.... selective race in terms of population so their birth rates are low, and their warriors cannot be replaced quickly enough which lead to their near-extinction later on.

If I remember right, the High Templar didn't actually have a limit in-lore to how much times they can use their abilities. With a few exceptions, they generally used all their abilities then get overwhelmed by insane amounts of Zerg.

Not a defined limit, no, but all psionics grow tired after using an excessive amount of their power.

Well yeah, it's kind of like staring at a wall. You can do it for a long while if you train, but you get bored/you eyes dry out sometime :p

Okay, yeah, I see your points. Also completely forgot the High Templar could throw him off with Hallucination, and if he doesn't notice that they are harmless (whether they be of him or the High Templar) then the High Templar has an even bigger window to just feedback and rain down psi storms, which, now that I looked closer at the page, both ignore durability I think? Switching to High Templar.

Yep. Feedback deals damage based on the amount of energy ripped from the target, regardless of the target's physical durability. Psionic storm tears the energy in and around the location, and bypasses armor by attacking everything in the area simultaneously, including any protected organs, body parts, etc, in addition to attacking the mind.

A wee bit of late, but I vote for High templar for his hallucination and psi storm, which looks way too similar to force lightning

Just to put this to rest at long last, High Templar with Feedback & Psi Storm FRA.

Which gives High Templar vote seven. Although grace should probably last a year due to the rate votes have been coming in :)

Back