• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos's "Poseidon's Rage"

The fact that its treated as hax but not when used against stronger opponents makes me doubtful that its hax

WeeklyBattles said:
The fact that its treated as hax but not when used against stronger opponents makes me doubtful that its hax
Well they don't want you to one shot every boss.

WeeklyBattles said:
Frankly, even if it was atomization, atomizing fodder with a strong attack, despite the phrase, isn't grounds for atomizing hax. Enough AP from someone can atomize, or even subatomize characters. It's why Dragon Ball characters don't have atomization hax.

The reason it doesn't work against bosses could very well be game-play mechanics, for the same reason Kirby's empathic manipulation doesn't work against them

Kratos's Poseidon's Rage was never treated as hax here by me or anyone. I never argued it, so I don't know why this thread is necessary.

Actually, the text said not even smoke remained.

But...you contantly refer to it as being able to atomize opponents in threads as though its hax. If its just through AP it would have to be an immensely higher tier attack to atomize an opponent of the same tier.

Smoke not remaining doesnt automatically mean its atomization

I also constantly state that it doesn't atomize those stronger than him. Never said otherwise unless you dig up some really early stuff. It's not hax and is never treated as such in the canon.

Im almost positive its been treated as hax up until right now, hence why Cal made this thread in the first place.

Also, smoke not remaining doesnt automatically mean its atomization

@Kep

In the High 6-A battle royale you absolutely treated it like hax. You made a point of saying who could survive Poseidon's rage's atomization; if it was only just good AP it wouldn't be a discussion point since everyone in that battle is as strong as or stronger than Kratos.

I reaffirmed it not being hax and debunked people who said it was several times in the Bog thread alone. I also remember reaffirming that those significantly above Kratos would no sell this in threads far older than it like Kratos vs. Madara and some others. Saying it is hax is on the same level of wank as inflating my favorite verses and hiding context to prevent downgrades, if not worse, because Poseidon's Rage is referred to as physical, condensed damage several times in the novels, and even the guides which say it is normal power.

The corpse was said to be burned so thoroughly nothing, not even smoke was left. That already puts it above pulverization, and very likely above vaporization because there is a scene in the book where Kratos's blades turn water into steam (aka vaporization), and the same blades fail to even damage a golden lock that Kratos's Poseidon's Rage destroys with ease (either Poseidon's Rage or Zeus's Bolt, I will take a look at it later)

Not to mention even Ascension Kratos could already vaporize people. The Soul of Hades is said to be able to vaporize enemies in its description.

@Assalt

This is the High 6-A royale. There's only 1 mention of Poseidon's Rage in the thread, namely me saying High 6-A Kratos doesn't use it.

I never treated Poseidon's Rage as unbeatable hax, just a powerful AP attack that is atomization.

@Kep Other thing Kratos has being ble to vaporize people doesnt somehow justify Poseidon's Rage automatically being atomization. Iirc we NEVER treat stuff as atomization unless its flat out stated

That's not the justification, Weekly.

The corpse was said to be burned so thoroughly nothing, not even smoke was left. That already puts it above pulverization, and very likely above vaporization because there is a scene in the book where Kratos's blades turn water into steam (aka vaporization), and the same blades fail to even damage a golden lock that Kratos's Poseidon's Rage destroys with ease (either Poseidon's Rage or Zeus's Bolt, I will take a look at it later)

>Says its not the justification

>Repeats the same thing i just said but in bold text

?

I literally just said that other things being able to vaporize things (ie. The Bades of Chaos) does not justify Poseidon's Rage being atomization

The actual point was that, aside from Poseidon's Rage burning the battlefield to the point not even smoke is left, Kratos's blades can vaporize and they are still unable to reproduce any fraction of Poseidon's Rage. There are instances of "steam" and "smoke" being used somewhat interchangeably in the book, too.

Also, atomization is not far above vaporization at all. It's essentially a slightly stronger version, since it still produces thin mist. I'm not the only one who agrees with this, seeing as Fan is (was) the one who suggested atomization to begin with. I was only bargaining for vap.

Back